Impressive use of surveilance footage in US missing person case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive use of surveilance footage in US missing person case

Police describe the man as a a black male with a close shaved head, goatee and a slight “beer belly.”

A 20 year old female University of Virginia student disappeared after a night out on the town. Normally, that would be that, but police have been able to use store/restaurant surveillance camera footage to trace her path: they managed to trace her movements for over an hour.

Frustrating, the footage doesn't tell us about her ultimate fate. It does show a man following her for part of her route - that man has come forward and he claims he was only following her because he was "concerned" and says he stopped following after he saw another man put his arm around her.

If there's footage of man #2, the police haven't released it, but they seem to be taking this otherwise highly suspicious story seriously so I'm guessing they might have him on tape too.

Things are not looking good: 5 women have disappeared in this area in the last 5 years, 1 was found murdered and raped, the other 4 have never been heard from again. But I was just struck by how much we were able to reconstruct from this private footage so quickly.

Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
    http://wtvr.com/2014/09/18/hannah-gr...ecurity-video/

A 20 year old female University of Virginia student disappeared after a night out on the town. Normally, that would be that, but police have been able to use store/restaurant surveillance camera footage to trace her path: they managed to trace her movements for over an hour.

Frustrating, the footage doesn't tell us about her ultimate fate. It does show a man following her for part of her route - that man has come forward and he claims he was only following her because he was "concerned" and says he stopped following after he saw another man put his arm around her.

If there's footage of man #2, the police haven't released it, but they seem to be taking this otherwise highly suspicious story seriously so I'm guessing they might have him on tape too.

Things are not looking good: 5 women have disappeared in this area in the last 5 years, 1 was found murdered and raped, the other 4 have never been heard from again. But I was just struck by how much we were able to reconstruct from this private footage so quickly.
    There was a recent murder in Melbourne solved by surveillance camera footage.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
    X