X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Ive got a crazy idea.

what do you think of this scenario?

The ramseys discover Jon Benet murdered. They think the police wont believe she was murdered by an intruder, eventhough she was, so Patsy writes the note.
    In this scenario, theyre only culpable for writing the note. well and not calling police/911/ambulance immediately.

too implausible?
    Even though you may have been joking with the above Abby, there are some details about this case that may lean towards something similar.

Every theory suffers from the same problem, whether it's the intruder theory, or the Ramsey's did it theory, which can be broken down into varying degrees of culpability, blaming Patsy or Burke as the cause of the head wound, etc.

All suffer from the same problem, and that is some evidence supports the intruder theory yet some suggest an inside job due to the apparent cover-up.

One poster here (I can't recall who) suggested if the Ramsey's may have known who the intruder was - someone outside the family, but had cause to stage evidence to try protect this person.
    I think we all said at the time that there doesn't appear to be anyone we can think of.

There may be someone we were not aware of.

- Some officers on the day of the crime thought there was a distinct lack of affection between Patsy & John.

- In one interview Patsy addressed the pineapple in the bowl, by saying, "I didn't do it, and neither did John Ramsey".
    She didn't say, "neither did John", or "neither did my husband", but gave him his formal name as if she was referring to a friend or acquaintances rather than the man she loves.

I wonder if Patsy was having an affair?
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by louisa View Post

Oh, and the garotte - it's been described as 'jerry-built' meaning it was just a crude bit of stick inserted into twine and twisted a number of times. Nothing special or elaborate. You or I could make one just like it.
      It's the other end that is the cause for concern.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• James Kolar provides a little detail not always covered elsewhere.

When John found JB's body in the Wine Cellar, she wasn't wrapped in the blanket, she was laying on the blanket with it turned up around her body. Rather like a hammock?

This suggests to me she was either carried in the blanket or dragged into the cellar on the blanket.

The door to the Wine Cellar was locked from the outside by a wooden block above the door which is rotated down to act as a stop to prevent it being opened.
        This device would be out of reach to children, so obviously an adult had turned that block to prevent it being opened.

A urine stain on the floor outside the Wine Cellar is reasoned to be the location where she was strangled, and consequently died.
        Her body then being dragged, or rolled onto the blanket and lifted into the Wine Cellar, then the door closed and blocked.
        JonBenet only weighed 45 lbs.

When the police first searched the basement they were not looking for a body, but an entry point for someone breaking in. They passed the Wine Cellar door without opening it because they noticed the wooden block which prevented it being opened from inside. In their view no-one could gain entry to the house from that room when the door was blocked in such a fashion.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by louisa View Post
          People and their crazy conspiracy theories!
          I hope you're including yourself in that.

The Ramseys colluding to cover-up JonBenet's death is by definition a conspiracy theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            She walked from her bedroom, downstairs, and to the basement.
            I said she would not have walked anywhere if she was unconscious!

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            Have you told them that their prime suspect is dead?
            I expect they already know Wicksy old chap.

Burke is my No. 1 suspect anyway.
            This is simply my opinion

Comment

You can take that up with John, he is on video saying just that.

And you think that I would believe anything this man says? He has already been caught out in lies.

How did he suppose this 'kidnapper' was going to drop off another letter when the police received the emergency call at 5.52am and the house was cordoned off by police tape (and police were stationed outside) shortly afterwards?

It is interesting that Patsy's mother bought child behavioral books for the Ramsey's:
              The Hurried Child - Growing Up Too Fast, by David Elkind.
              Children at Risk, Dobson/Bruer.
              Why Johnny Can't Tell Right From Wrong, Kilpatrick.

It may be an indication of something that needs attention.
              Perhaps she saw some disturbing signs in Burke?
              Last edited by louisa; 10-28-2016, 04:32 AM.

Comment

If you notice all the officials talk about the use of the garrote as if it was only applied once.
                No, they do not. If you would like to show where they have said this? However, I believe it was applied once and made a couple of marks when the person got a better grip.

Yet there are two distinct abrasions around her neck. The lower abrasion, then above it the deep final point of strangulation. Whom ever applied this garrote did so twice.

The suggested time gap between the head wound and her death is entirely speculation. They are guessing how long it might take for the swelling in the brain to form.
                Oh, right, so the experts are guessing are they?

And your theory is NOT speculation then?

The marks from the garotte are probably typical of that type of ligature being applied, the cord could have slipped and made a second mark. You obviously did not think of this.

You are saying that the Chief of Police, Mark Beckner, did not understand the medical facts before he went public with his statement about the cause of death?

He stated the blow to the head came first and THEN the strangulation. What does it take to get through to you?

Your theory counteracts all those of the medical experts put together! But hey!... don't let a little thing like the truth stand in the way of your theory.

If you can start to see your way clear to accepting the expert medical knowledge, instead of arguing against it, then you will start to go forward in your efforts to make sense of this case. We all can.
                Last edited by louisa; 10-28-2016, 04:55 AM.

Comment

I think it's more likely than John would be having the affair, if anyone was.

Patsy seems very clingy emotionally and John seems aloof during televised interviews. Sometimes when she's talking about finding this 'intruder' John looks at her as if to say "I think they're buying it, Patsy"
                  Last edited by louisa; 10-28-2016, 05:13 AM.

Comment

James Kolar provides a little detail not always covered elsewhere.

When John found JB's body in the Wine Cellar, she wasn't wrapped in the blanket, she was laying on the blanket with it turned up around her body. Rather like a hammock?

This suggests to me she was either carried in the blanket or dragged into the cellar on the blanket.
                    She had the blanket over her, and tucked in 'like a papoose'

A urine stain on the floor outside the Wine Cellar is reasoned to be the location where she was strangled..
                    That's the first I've heard about that.

It's highly unlikely that your bogus intruder would garotte her outside of the room where her body was found.

The whole scenario is highly unlikely.
                    Last edited by louisa; 10-28-2016, 05:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                      I hope you're including yourself in that.

The Ramseys colluding to cover-up JonBenet's death is by definition a conspiracy theory.
                      Yes, I suppose it is - but not as far fetched as the rest of them.

Comment

• An item of interest

From Rolling Stone magazine:

In bits and pieces from a never-before-aired 1998 interview with Burke Ramsey, JonBenét's brother Burke claims to have stayed put in his room on the night of the murder because he was "just so scared," challenging the belief that he could have had anything to do with it. (John Ramsey called the notion of Bruke committing the crime as "absurd.")

The interview footage shows the child nervously chewing on his fingers and drinking a soda during a conversation with the police, wearing what looks like a sports uniform as he squirms uncomfortably in his seat. The footage was taken two years after the crime occurred, and Burke recalls having last seen his sister in the car on the way home from the a Christmas dinner party at their neighbor's house. The interviews most terrifying accounts include the boy lying in bed with his eyes closed, hearing the commotion in the house worrying about “what might happen to his parents.”

------------------------------------------

My question is: Why would he be worried about what might happen to his parents, if he had not been up and about earlier and knew what had occurred?
                        Last edited by louisa; 10-28-2016, 05:22 AM.

Comment

The Petechial evidence contests this.
                          Then you write:

Clearly then, JB was alive when the garrote was applied, as has been pointed out to you numerous times.

If you notice all the officials talk about the use of the garrote as if it was only applied once.
                          Yet there are two distinct abrasions around her neck. The lower abrasion, then above it the deep final point of strangulation. Whom ever applied this garrote did so twice.

So, as Abby once theorized, the garrote is applied first (JB is resisting and scratched at her neck), then came the blow to the head, followed by the second application of the garrote which killed her.

The suggested time gap between the head wound and her death is entirely speculation. They are guessing how long it might take for the swelling in the brain to form.
                          Hi wick
                          I think this is very plausible because these freaks like to torture their victims by choking to unconsciousness, then releasing the hold bring the victim to again, and choking a gain. it gets them off. its their whole MO.

BTK was a master at this method.

at some point she probably started fighting and screaming at which point he bashed her in the head, eventually finishing her off with the garrotte.

which obviously points to an intruder, but I don't rule out John Ramsey either for doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                            The only clue I got about young Burke's interests was watching an interview he had with the child psychologist in which he says he hasn't been thinking a lot about what happened to his sister, because he's mostly been "playing his video games" every day since then. We also know he played a good deal with model trains. I'd say he was a kid who liked solitary, focused play that required close attention to details.

There is a picture of the garrote earlier in this thread, and it doesn't look crudely made to me, Louisa, as it features a complicated knot that I'd have trouble with fashioning.
                            agree.

but john Ramsey probably could have done it. or an intruder.

Comment

Even though you may have been joking with the above Abby, there are some details about this case that may lean towards something similar.

Every theory suffers from the same problem, whether it's the intruder theory, or the Ramsey's did it theory, which can be broken down into varying degrees of culpability, blaming Patsy or Burke as the cause of the head wound, etc.

All suffer from the same problem, and that is some evidence supports the intruder theory yet some suggest an inside job due to the apparent cover-up.

One poster here (I can't recall who) suggested if the Ramsey's may have known who the intruder was - someone outside the family, but had cause to stage evidence to try protect this person.
                              I think we all said at the time that there doesn't appear to be anyone we can think of.

There may be someone we were not aware of.

- Some officers on the day of the crime thought there was a distinct lack of affection between Patsy & John.

- In one interview Patsy addressed the pineapple in the bowl, by saying, "I didn't do it, and neither did John Ramsey".
                              She didn't say, "neither did John", or "neither did my husband", but gave him his formal name as if she was referring to a friend or acquaintances rather than the man she loves.

interesting. never thought of that before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                                interesting. never thought of that before.
                                maybe someone she met through the pagents or maybe one of the recent workers on their house.

Comment

Working...
                                X