Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writer of the Ransom Note

I pick up particular things from the Ramsey Ransom note, such as these :

1. The writer knew John Ramsey, some personal background regarding him, enough to regard him as Mr Ramsey. Also " Use that good southern common sense of yours ", maybe the writer wasn't that intelligent themselves, or regarded John Ramsey as not that smart, with the " ...don't try to grow a brain John " bit in the note.

2. The Writer came from a money orientated background.

3. Business , some sort of trade was connected with the writer. A concern for money.

4. Concerned and needed power over others. Also the " Listen carefully " comes into that category, such as a subtlety of a command or order.

5. I am thinking with the " You're not the only the fat cat around " bit, that he felt he was on some sort of equal measure perhaps in earnings power of John Ramsey.

6. The writer of the Ransom note was a possessive person as well as jealous.

7. The writer has possibly had some police contact in their early years.

8. The writer is probably familiar with electronics and technical issues.

Also the writer of the ransom note knew the layout of the house and also knew JonBenet.
    Last edited by Shelley; 08-22-2014, 12:00 PM. Reason: added bit

Comment

Originally posted by tji View Post
      The reason the blanket is pointed out is the way she was wrapped in her favorite blanket. It was seen as a caring gesture, one someone who cared about her would do, not something a stranger would do. Tracy
      Or Just to hide her body to make an attempt to get out of the window they perhaps came through. btw when you read more about this case with available info you'll find that Detective Linda Arnt left on her own with the Ramsey's & supportive comforting friends, that Arnt was quite shaken by that case, i expect others were as well.

Yeah, see I tend to blame the killer.

Tracy
      Yes, i agree with the killing of the girl, the killer is at fault and to blame, yet again for a messed up crime scene i tend to blame the police. Is that a little clearer now for you Tji? I thought i pointed that one out earlier in comments
      Last edited by Shelley; 08-22-2014, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Not sure of your point here Shelley, can't see how Police tasering children connects to Jon Benet getting murdered?

Yes it is unacceptable to taser a child for the majority of reasons (not sure if there is an actual reason but I think if they were going to endanger themselves or others it maybe acceptable) but I don't think the majority of Police will going around tasering kids just for amusement factor.
        I think it is a little unfair to tar all Police with the same brush.

Tracy
        With consideration Tracy, you missed a post that i made ( a comment of mine earlier on ), i did not tar all police with the same brush as you put it, i thought i had made that clear before you made this post of yours above. And i am so pleased that you agree that it is so wrong to tazer children. So, i am a little puzzled as to why you make such quotes and comments directly to me. It would be so nice to see you put up any good relevant links towards info regarding this case, that is available to the public ~ i did put a few up myself ~ It would be nice to hear other people's opinions on whether they may think someone that was once a policeman involved themselves in this case other than helping to solve the killing of JonBenet, however it is not something i would think was plausible myself, as i do not think that a policeman or someone who was once a policeman killed JonBenet. I will say though everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, once again, tazering children by police is unacceptable. Again, i glad you agree.

Comment

Moving on ....

An Article regarding the Grand jury in the Ramsey killing : http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/10...use-grand-jury

Comment

Grand Jury Again , a video included....

Video included HLN Breaking News : http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/10/2...case-documents

Comment

1. The writer knew John Ramsey, some personal background regarding him, enough to regard him as Mr Ramsey. Also " Use that good southern common sense of yours ", maybe the writer wasn't that intelligent themselves, or regarded John Ramsey as not that smart, with the " ...don't try to grow a brain John " bit in the note.
              2. The Writer came from a money orientated background.
              Why?
              3. Business , some sort of trade was connected with the writer. A concern for money.
              4. Concerned and needed power over others. Also the " Listen carefully " comes into that category, such as a subtlety of a command or order.
              5. I am thinking with the " You're not the only the fat cat around " bit, that he felt he was on some sort of equal measure perhaps in earnings power of John Ramsey.
              Again I see it more as attempted power play.
              6. The writer of the Ransom note was a possessive person as well as jealous
              7. The writer has possibly had some police contact in their early years.
              8. The writer is probably familiar with electronics and technical issues.
              Also the writer of the ransom note knew the layout of the house and also knew JonBenet.

I think the writer had intelligence, they managed to convey their requests, knew words like attache.
              I take the words 'don't try to grow a brain John' more as a power trip, keeping someone in their place.
              I would think anyone with kidnap on their mind is concerning themselves with money, however given that the Ramsey's were quite wealthy the amount asked for was quite little.

You don't seem to mention the facts that lean towards the Ramsey's I noticed.

The fact that it likely written in a feminine hand, comments like 'make sure you are rested'
              The amount asked for.
              The letter was written in the house.
              the fact that 'and hence' was used. Patsy also used and hence at Jon Benet's memorial.
              The use of John halfway through rather than Mr Ramsey are but a few.
              It's not about what you know....it's about what you can find out

Comment

I'm Unfamilar with Grand Jury Indictments

Just a guess of mine, of perhaps why a result of a Grand Jury Indictment would be to hold John & Patsy Ramsey ( even though Patsy is now dead ) as responsible, that put their daughter at risk of health and her death / killing, is perhaps due to a broken window that was not repaired ( unsecured entrance to allow an intruder gain entry into the house ) , also that the Ramsey's allowed many people to have a set of keys of their own to the house. Several sets of keys.
                Last edited by Shelley; 08-22-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Ex Suspect : John Mark Karr video

HLM Breaking News interviews John Mark Karr : http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/10/2...60#videoplayer

Comment

Or Just to hide her body to make an attempt to get out of the window they perhaps came through. btw when you read more about this case with available info you'll find that Detective Linda Arnt left on her own with the Ramsey's & supportive comforting friends, that Arnt was quite shaken by that case, i expect others were as well.
                    I don't think anyone coming through that window will think it is likely to get a body out of it do you?

I have no doubt that she was shaken, it was a brutal case and they didn't have the experience needed to secure a crime scene like that.

Comment

I think the writer had intelligence, they managed to convey their requests, knew words like attache.
                      I take the words 'don't try to grow a brain John' more as a power trip, keeping someone in their place.
                      I would think anyone with kidnap on their mind is concerning themselves with money, however given that the Ramsey's were quite wealthy the amount asked for was quite little.

You don't seem to mention the facts that lean towards the Ramsey's I noticed.

The fact that it likely written in a feminine hand, comments like 'make sure you are rested'
                      The amount asked for.
                      The letter was written in the house.
                      the fact that 'and hence' was used. Patsy also used and hence at Jon Benet's memorial.
                      The use of John halfway through rather than Mr Ramsey are but a few.
                      Yes, the writer had intelligence, some obviously, don't dispute that. The term John was also used at the end of the letter, indicating that it was very personal and directed at John Ramsey. I see that as just some speculation that can't be truly hit upon whether it was in a feminine hand or not, i'd say with a lone killer that was male, with dna of male semen at the crime scene, that it's not likely to be a female writing a note. I think you miss the point that the killer viewed money as a power issue and also relates to their background for reasons i see. As i explained before, the note was a delay for the real motive as violence was administered before JonBenet was actually killed, serious violence, the intent to kill her was there, so a ransom? No that was just a lie from a psychopath killer. JonBenet was a prized daughter of John Ramsey, that was the ultimate power, to take her life away from him, he had already suffered with a death of a daughter years before his son Burke was born and certainly before JonBenet was born as well. Perhaps, the reference to "exhausted " and "rested" as you mention the part with " Make sure you are rested " was about the grief the killer was going to cause John Ramsey that night.
                      Last edited by Shelley; 08-22-2014, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Just a guess of mine, of perhaps why a result of a Grand Jury Indictment would be to hold John & Patsy Ramsey ( even though Patsy is now dead ) as responsible, that put their daughter at risk of health and her death / killing, is perhaps due to a broken window that was not repaired ( unsecured entrance to allow an intruder gain entry into the house ) , also that the Ramsey's allowed many people to have a set of keys of their own to the house. Several sets of keys.
                        I think they were indicted more on the evidence pointing toward them couldn't be disproven. I imagine the broken window may have been allowed as part of an argument if they could have proven an intruder killed her.

Comment

I think they were indicted more on the evidence pointing toward them couldn't be disproven. I imagine the broken window may have been allowed as part of an argument if they could have proven an intruder killed her.
                          I'm sorry, i don't understand you, the dna from semen found in the panties of JonBenet from the crime scene does not belong to the Ramsey family, so therefore it does not prove the Ramsey's involvement of her actual killing, so i have no idea what you mean by " ..... they were indicted more on the evidence pointing toward them couldn't be disproven. " that bit tji doesn't fit as Guilty and of any sort of proof in JonBenet's killing. Obviously at the Christmas period when Mr & Mrs Ramsey along with their 2 children Jonbenet & Burke went to bed that night on December 25th had not invited someone that was not an immediate family member to stay with them that night, they may argue that is an intruder, however within reasonable responsibility of the law, and i have no idea regarding american law, because of the broken window which is an invitation for some uninvited guest without verbal permission or by a request of the Ramsey family, by note, card , letter or word of mouth that the legality of that situation may very well not class it as an intruder, because of the broken window. However, i will say this, if John Ramsey was too busy to have secured properly the window himself and asked for assistance either by kindness or by a paid maintenance repair service and was told that that window would be repaired and he believed that window area was indeed secure because someone else told him that was the case, maybe there could be some sort of a flimsy argument from John Ramsey, whether that would be recognized by a grand jury, perhaps that would be a different argument entirely. In the UK, ignorance of the law is no defense ( against it ).

Comment

Yes, the writer had intelligence, some obviously, don't dispute that. The term John was also used at the end of the letter, indicating that it was very personal and directed at John Ramsey.
                            Exactly. A foreign organisation would not be personally involved with John Ramsey do you?

I see that as just some speculation that can't be truly hit upon whether it was in a feminine hand or not, i'd say with a lone killer that was male, with dna of male semen at the crime scene, that it's not likely to be a female writing a note.
                            FBI Susan H Adams M.A -
                            The Ramsey Ransom Note reveals a great deal of information about the author. There is
                            no surprise here. This analysis indicates that JonBenét‟s mother, Patsy Ramsey, wrote this
                            ransom note.

Mark Mclish former Marshall training academy and statement analysist -

One person, probably a woman, wrote this ransom note.

I think you miss the point that the killer viewed money as a power issue and also relates to their background for reasons i see. As i explained before, the note was a delay for the real motive as violence was administered before JonBenet was actually killed, serious violence, the intent to kill her was there, so a ransom? No that was just a lie from a psychopath killer. JonBenet was a prized daughter of John Ramsey, that was the ultimate power, to take her life away from him, he had already suffered with a death of a daughter years before his son Burke was born and certainly before JonBenet was born as well. Perhaps, the reference to "exhausted " and "rested" as you mention the part with " Make sure you are rested " was about the grief the killer was going to cause John Ramsey that night.
                            Why would an intruder care whether John was rested or not, especially if they were jealous of his success as you say?
                            If you are going to inflict the pain of taking away someone's daughter from them I don't think their well being would be priority.

Why would a psychopathic killer take the time out to leave a ransom note, trying to nudge the Police away from the Ramsey's it doesn't make sense. If it was someone else trying to frame the Ramsey's they would be more specific with facts.
                            The ransom note is so suspicious because of it's obvious ploy to try and take attention of them.

Comment

Handwriting experts accepted by a US court of law

FBI Susan H Adams M.A ( she was not a qualified handwriting forensics expert accepted by a court of law ) her opinion and efforts are not valid

Mark Mclish ( he was not a qualified handwriting forensics expert accepted by a court of law ) his opinion and efforts are not valid.

Infact several people including an English teacher produced handwriting opinions which many drew the conclusion that Patsy ramsey wrote the ransom note, some also concluded that John Ramsey was the author of the ransom note, non of these people were qualified experts regarded and accepted by a court of law as acceptable.

Dr Gerald McMenamin was a professor of Forensic Linguistics at the University of California when he compared the ransom with known written samles from patsy Ramsey. McMenamin documented his scientific examination in a chapter of his book Forensic Linguistics : Advances in Forensic stylistics. McMenamin concluded Patricia Ramsey was excluded as the writer of the ransom note. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...om-study-group

tji, it was rejected that patsy was the author of the ransom note, it wasn't accepted, this is why the police no longer suspected either John Ramsey or Patsy Ramsey, they were cleared of the ransom note authorship.

There is also the matter of " Disguised handwriting " which is made to appear as another persons handwriting, a copy cat version, the same thing happens with forgeries of cheques in a banking system and other types of legal papers and documents.

As for your response of " why should the killer care whether John Ramsey was rested or not ", this is a matter of conjecture , the same as if it were said, " why should psychopathic killer bother with a ransom note in the first place? ".

Sometimes information should be checked properly tji. or rather * Tracy *

Additional list : http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/...%20RN%20Author
                              Last edited by Shelley; 08-22-2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Larry King Show

Larry King Show

LARRY KING: "So you agree that whoever authored the ransom note probably killed the child?"
                                JOHN RAMSEY: "I agree."
                                PATSY RAMSEY: "I would agree with that."

Comment

Working...
                                X