Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    Hi wicks
    Who was wolf and why did Ramsey suspect him?
    The top half of this page covers all the details,

Wolf was a reporter who couldn't account for his movements on the night in question, his girlfriend was suspicious about him and he had a T-shirt with SBTC on it.
    He refused to cooperate with police too, etc.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Below is a copy of the original ransom letter (left), and a recreated version taken from Chris Wolf's diary (right). Wolf's girlfriend cut and pasted letters out of his diary to compose a replica of the ransom letter for comparison, as she was suspicious of his behaviour on the night of the murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        Below is a copy of the original ransom letter (left), and a recreated version taken from Chris Wolf's diary (right). Wolf's girlfriend cut and pasted letters out of his diary to compose a replica of the ransom letter for comparison, as she was suspicious of his behaviour on the night of the murder.

http://i.imgur.com/8Ha6H4C.png
        Thankyou Harry, I wasn't aware that existed.

The similarity is stunning, but it is comparisons like this we need to see, as it tends to level the playing field when some others only focus on Patsy as being the "only possible" letter writer.
        Clearly, that is not true.

There were six people who could not be eliminated, so now we have seen examples from two of them.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
          The post was about the opinion of Judge Carnes, not the claims by John Ramsey.
          This was the first line of your post....

"In John Ramsey's book, The Death of Innocence, he suggests Robert Wolf was a possible suspect in the death of JonBenet."

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
          We know Steve Thomas's role in the case, and so did Judge Carnes, so your point hardly helps the issue.
          Well, no - it certainly doesn't help your issue.
          This is simply my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by louisa View Post
            This was the first line of your post....

"In John Ramsey's book, The Death of Innocence, he suggests Robert Wolf was a possible suspect in the death of JonBenet."
            Correct, which explains why I was quoting Judge Carnes.
            The line about John Ramsey is background information to clarify what Judge Carnes is referring to.

On another tack...
            Several times you have seemingly criticized John Ramsey for throwing his friends and neighbors under the bus, suggesting they are suspects.

I'm not sure if you are aware but, when a victim of a crime cannot think who the perpetrator could be, the police will press the victim to think, anyone.... friends, neighbors, employees, acquaintances, customers, anyone.

So naturally the victim will offer the names of people he knows, and has known for some time. This is often a response to police pressure not the willingness of the victim to look for a scapegoat.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

The similarity is stunning, but it is comparisons like this we need to see, as it tends to level the playing field when some others only focus on Patsy as being the "only possible" letter writer.
              Clearly, that is not true.

There were six people who could not be eliminated, so now we have seen examples from two of them.
              Please do not put words in my mouth John. I stated Patsy was the only one that could not be eliminated by the top experts (I listed them on a previous post) who saw all examples.

On the Ransom Note

Interview with John Ramsey - June 23rd 1998 (from the official transcriptions of his first interview)

Lou Smit: "You must have a mental picture of the type of person this is?"

John Ramsey: "My first instinct is, it was a man, but because of the similarities in Patsy's handwriting I wondered if it was a woman".

Proof that John himself thought the handwriting was similar to Patsy's.

Last edited by louisa; 10-29-2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Correct, which explains why I was quoting Judge Carnes.
                The line about John Ramsey is background information to clarify what Judge Carnes is referring to.

On another tack...
                Several times you have seemingly criticized John Ramsey for throwing his friends and neighbors under the bus, suggesting they are suspects.

I'm not sure if you are aware but, when a victim of a crime cannot think who the perpetrator could be, the police will press the victim to think, anyone.... friends, neighbors, employees, acquaintances, customers, anyone.

So naturally the victim will offer the names of people he knows, and has known for some time. This is often a response to police pressure not the willingness of the victim to look for a scapegoat.
                But everyone he knew became scapegoats.

Patsy's best friend Judith Phillips (who had been on the side of the Ramseys) also got named. She got a call from someone she knew in the DA's office (a friend of hers) who told her that Patsy had just been on the phone wanting to know what she was doing to help them (the Ramseys) as she had asked her best friend (Judith) to pull strings and had seen no results so far.

Even the old couple across the street, the Barnhills, were named as possible suspects by the Ramseys. The Barnhills were an elderly couple who had been good enough to take the Ramseys dog when Patsy got fed up with it wetting in the house.

The Barnhills had to go downtown where blood, hair and handwriting samples were taken. They were also fingerprinted. They were eliminated when police realised that the old man could hardly walk, let alone do all the things John and Patsy accused him of.

Nobody was safe. Just the Ramseys.
                Last edited by louisa; 10-29-2016, 11:13 AM.

Comment

I can't think of any kid I knew that didn't hit his sister at some time or another.
                  This business about the faeces with Burke, he once smeared the bathroom walls with faeces too, but this could be a desperate cry for attention.
                  It's more aligned with nuisance behaviour than violence.
                  You have one excuse after another.

I don't think any one here stated they thought the smearing faeces around was a sign of violence.

However, it shows that something was not right in the mind of little Burke Ramsey.

"You don't know of any kid who didn't hit his sister at some time or another?"

With a golf club so she had to go to the emergency room to get stitches put in?

A little more than 'nuisance behaviour' I would have thought.

And the things we have not been told would probably be even more telling.
                  Last edited by louisa; 10-29-2016, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Please do not put words in my mouth John. I stated Patsy was the only one that could not be eliminated by the top experts (I listed them on a previous post) who saw all examples.
                    Ok, but that was not true either.

I listed the other five that seem to get forgotten.

Well yes, I think anyone who looks at her version will see the similarity, but that does not mean she wrote it.
                    Layperson's look at the similarities while document examiners look for differences, the reason being we are all taught to write the same way.

There are only so many ways you can write a letter 'T' or an 'a'.
                    Once you have figured out the five(?) or six(?) ways, every other example is a similarity, and the similarities far outnumber the differences.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

You have one excuse after another.

I don't think any one here stated they thought the smearing faeces around was a sign of violence.
                      No-one needs to state that, the implication is built right in to every example offered.

However, it shows that something was not right in the mind of little Burke Ramsey.
                      No question about that, but apart from feeling left out once JonBenet came on the scene - which also is quite normal, what else can we identify as relevant?

"You don't know of any kid who didn't hit his sister at some time or another?"

With a golf club so she had to go to the emergency room to get stitches put in?
                      Do you know the circumstances?
                      Was Burke just swinging the club and she got in the way?
                      Or, did he intentionally attack her with the club?
                      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Differences abound in Wolf's writing

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                        Below is a copy of the original ransom letter (left), and a recreated version taken from Chris Wolf's diary (right). Wolf's girlfriend cut and pasted letters out of his diary to compose a replica of the ransom letter for comparison, as she was suspicious of his behaviour on the night of the murder.

http://i.imgur.com/8Ha6H4C.png
                        Thanks for posting this, Harry, it's very interesting. I see there are some similarities (the connected M and r in "Mr.", the "L" in "Listen"), but there are also differences. The original ransom note features a number 8 made in a figure-eight, while Wolf made his from two small circles atop each other (as I also do, having had difficulty mastering the figure-eight when I learned to write.)
                        Also, the capital "R" in "Ramsey" is markedly different in Wolf's sample from the large flowing capital in the ransom note.

The ex-girlfriend went to a lot of trouble to implicate Wolf, didn't she? I can't help thinking we're looking at some sort of revenge motive on her behalf.
                        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                        ---------------
                        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                        ---------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                          The ex-girlfriend went to a lot of trouble to implicate Wolf, didn't she? I can't help thinking we're looking at some sort of revenge motive on her behalf.
                          Why didn't she just hand it over to police in stead of cutting it up?
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

On the Ransom Note

Interview with John Ramsey - June 23rd 1998 (from the official transcriptions of his first interview)

John Ramsey: "My first instinct is, it was a man, but because of the similarities in Patsy's handwriting I wondered if it was a woman".

Quite coincidentally on page 32 of Injustice, by Robert Whitson we read of another interview given by John Ramsey in the Wolf vs Ramsey case, Dec. 12, 2001.

Q: Now, Mr Ramsey, I am going to ask you to, once again, look at it. And I am going to ask you, in looking at it, whether or not you see any similarity between your wife's handwriting and the handwriting in the ransom note; you personally.
                            A: Absolutely not.

Q: None at all?
                            A: No.

Q: Not even a little bit?
                            A: Not even a little bit.

Interesting.
                            Last edited by Wickerman; 10-29-2016, 04:23 PM.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Quite coincidentally on page 32 of Injustice, by Robert Whitson we read of another interview given by John Ramsey in the Wolf vs Ramsey case, Dec. 12, 2001.

Q: Now, Mr Ramsey, I am going to ask you to, once again, look at it. And I am going to ask you, in looking at it, whether or not you see any similarity between your wife's handwriting and the handwriting in the ransom note; you personally.
                              A: Absolutely not.

Q: None at all?
                              A: No.

Q: Not even a little bit?
                              A: Not even a little bit.

Well doesn't that just go to show what an out and out LIAR John Ramsey is?!

If he actually said the above (and I'm sure he did) then yet another somersault with the truth had been performed.

However, Whitson was another Ramsey bottom licker, in awe of their wealth. He wanted to write his book in order to make some money but was terrified of getting sued, so trod softly on anything that implicated the Ramseys. No wonder Ramsey was happy to be interviewed by this man.

Also, if you remember, Whitson was the bungling cop with no credibility, who admitted on TV that he had made a pig's ear of the investigation. (he had to go back to school to gain some qualifications before he realised the house should have been locked down as it was a crime scene).

I have the entire transcriptions of the Police interviews - every single word said by Patsy and John Ramsey in their separate interviews over four days. You should get hold of it, Wicksy, it's makes fascinating reading. it should make a nice change from reading fiction.

------------------------------------------------------------

Interview with John Ramsey - June 23rd 1998 (from the official transcriptions of his first interview) - the first day of John Ramsey's interviews.

Last edited by louisa; 10-30-2016, 04:55 AM.

Comment

Well doesn't that just go to show what an out and out LIAR John Ramsey is?!
                                I'm all for exposing lies regardless who is responsible for them, but on the subject of John Ramsey lying. In an earlier post I mentioned that JonBenet had been found lying on a blanket with it wrapped up around her legs, I supposed rather like a hammock.

Quote:
                                "John advised that he observed JonBenet lying on the blanket and it was "kind of folded around her legs".

Which you took issue with arguing that John found her on the floor?, with the blanket wrapped over her body?

As John Ramsey appears to be the only witness to the discovery (Fleet White being in the Train Room at that moment), I wondered if you have John describing the placement of the blanket as you described, and why you appear to believe what he said?

It has been suggested that only someone who cared for JonBenet would cover her body with the blanket, as if this lends credence to the suggestion that Patsy covered her body.

However, this argument depends on whether the blanket was indeed placed over her as you describe. Or, as described by James Kolar, that John said she was laid on the blanket, which would negate the argument that the placement of the blanket indicated a caring person placed it there.

So First, do you have John saying the blanket was placed over her?
                                Second, are you now accepting you believe John Ramsey, sometimes?
                                Third, was your actual source for that statement, Fleet White?
                                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                                X