James Maybrick Death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Maybrick Death

I an sure this is not new for some on the boards. I did try a search to see if there were any posts already here - but there were so many results and I could not determine any referring to this topic.

There is a BBC program which investigates old convictions to determine whether they would be considered safe today (Murder. Mystery and My Family). I have just watched an episode which considered the conviction of Florence Maybrick for murder, later changed to attempted murder. It does not touch on the diary or any JtR connections. I found it very interesting and learned a fair bit about the case through this program and thought others here might find it interesting also - so link to the program on dailymotion below.

Watch Murder, Mystery and My Family E01 Maybrick - HelloThere on Dailymotion

I'm probably one of the few people who believe she did actually poison him. Certainly not with arsenic, but I believe laudanum poisoning would cause similar gastric irritation symptoms.

He was slowly killing himself anyway, and death from the poisons he consumed would have been inevitable at some point.

Her motive, in my view, was to end evil.
    Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
    JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post
      I'm probably one of the few people who believe she did actually poison him. Certainly not with arsenic, but I believe laudanum poisoning would cause similar gastric irritation symptoms.

He was slowly killing himself anyway, and death from the poisons he consumed would have been inevitable at some point.

Her motive, in my view, was to end evil.
      I do not know if Florence killed her husband. I would say that there is no evidence to support that she did. But absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I am not convinced of the inference in your post though. I read you as suggesting Maybrick was JtR and Florence knew of this and decided to poison him. This is not really a thread to discuss Maybrick's candidacy, but what is it about Florence's behaviour that leads you to believe she thought him to be JtR and so set about to kill him. At her most vulnerable with a death sentence over her head, do you not think she might have said something?

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post

I do not know if Florence killed her husband. I would say that there is no evidence to support that she did. But absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I am not convinced of the inference in your post though. I read you as suggesting Maybrick was JtR and Florence knew of this and decided to poison him. This is not really a thread to discuss Maybrick's candidacy, but what is it about Florence's behaviour that leads you to believe she thought him to be JtR and so set about to kill him. At her most vulnerable with a death sentence over her head, do you not think she might have said something?
        She almost did I believe, but would anyone believe her? She had the noose around her neck and would be accused of saying anything but her prayers.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
        JayHartley.com

Comment

Working...
        X