How to Find Zodiac by Jarett Kobek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Find Zodiac by Jarett Kobek

Has anyone read this new book on the Zodiac Case?

It mentions a new (I think) suspect, and apparently makes some interesting points.

I attach a link to a pretty good article on the book.

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
    Has anyone read this new book on the Zodiac Case?

It mentions a new (I think) suspect, and apparently makes some interesting points.

I attach a link to a pretty good article on the book.

https://rossbarkan.substack.com/p/di...-zodiac-killer
    Thanks for that Barn. The guy has actually written 2 books on the subject and the reviews for the one above are all 5 star bar one (4). I had a quick look on the Zodiakkiller Forum and typed in Kobek and got this mention:
    “Just finished Jarrett Kobek's two books Motor Spirit and How to Find Zodiac. Obviously there's no forensic evidence linking Paul Doerr to the murders but I think this is the best suspect that's ever surfaced. Also Motor Spirit is the best book I've ever read about Zodiac. Anybody else read these books or have thoughts about Doerr as a suspect?”

I’m tempted. Which one though?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Thanks for that Barn. The guy has actually written 2 books on the subject and the reviews for the one above are all 5 star bar one (4). I had a quick look on the Zodiakkiller Forum and typed in Kobek and got this mention:
      “Just finished Jarrett Kobek's two books Motor Spirit and How to Find Zodiac. Obviously there's no forensic evidence linking Paul Doerr to the murders but I think this is the best suspect that's ever surfaced. Also Motor Spirit is the best book I've ever read about Zodiac. Anybody else read these books or have thoughts about Doerr as a suspect?”

I’m tempted. Which one though?
      Thanks for that Herlock, I hadn't picked up on the fact that he had actually written a previous book about Zodiac. I checked the zodiackiller site and didn't get a return. I can only assume that I misspelled his name.
      Maybe these are titles that we should order from our local library, but not both at once.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

Thanks for that Herlock, I hadn't picked up on the fact that he had actually written a previous book about Zodiac. I checked the zodiackiller site and didn't get a return. I can only assume that I misspelled his name.
        Maybe these are titles that we should order from our local library, but not both at once.
        The library might be a good idea Barn. I haven’t been for a while so I’ll try and fit in a visit in the next few days. It sounds like the author has a very individual and perhaps quirky style of writing. One of the reviewers compared his books to David Seabrook’s Jack Of Jumps (about Jack the Stripper) I struggled a little with that one at the time but I regret giving my copy away to a charity shop (along with several others) as I’d like to give it a second go some day.

It’s perhaps a little surprising that Kobek’s suspect hasn’t gained wider notice (unless it has and I’ve just missed it) I wonder if Abby has heard of him as I think he’s pretty knowledgeable about Zodiac?
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
        X