Bible John.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
    and when he found out they were menstruating it triggered a murderous rage.
    I also agree that is most likely what happened but there is at least one other possibility. That is, that, for what ever reason, he did not want to risk killing an unborn child and women in this age group who were menstruating were the only women he could be sure weren't pregnant.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
      I also agree that is most likely what happened but there is at least one other possibility. That is, that, for what ever reason, he did not want to risk killing an unborn child and women in this age group who were menstruating were the only women he could be sure weren't pregnant.
      Interesting theory, but I think in all probability we are looking for a sad loser who channeled all his frustrations and anger towards those women, who after an evening alive with possibilities, denied him the sex he craved.

Interestingly, there were a couple of books written about Bible John, but to the best of my knowledge none of them proposed a suspect (not surprising considering that most potential suspects were still alive) or indeed any scenario for the murderer apart from someone with a possible twisted view of religion, probably reinforced by his parents.

"My father says these places are dens of iniquity".

Where better to vent his rage than in those dance halls that his father so vehemently condemned.

MacInnes was the suspect.
      (With apologies to Donald Swanson)

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        To my knowledge, Bible John didn't get any coverage here in the States when the murders were ongoing and it wasn't just because it was a British case. At least two other British serial killer cases from the 1960s, Jack the Stripper and the Moors Murders, were covered in the news here in the U.S. when they were happening.

I always wondered if Bible John and Zodiac might have been competing a little like perhaps JtR and the Torso Killer were.
        I think Bible John will begin to get more attention now as he and Zodiac approach their 50th anniversaries in 2018-19. And as a bonus, 2018-19 will also be the 100th anniversary for the New Orleans Axeman; so three unsolved serial killers up for some historical milestones.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi,

Of course the other possibility is that there was no Bible John at all, but a number of different killers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
            Hi,

Of course the other possibility is that there was no Bible John at all, but a number of different killers.
            It is certainly possible that there were multiple killers, however the witness description of the suspect seen with Jemima McDonald and Helen Puttock did seem very similar.

A point to bear in mind that Helen's sister's description of the suspect seen leaving the Barrowlands with Helen did not tally with the description provided by the bouncers.

I still think that the probability is that we are dealing with one killer.

Comment

Hi,

I watched the programme on TV about Bible John, with interviews with contemporary police and police involved in the investigation. They all undermined the bible quotes as being little more than was what was in commpn parlance. They also pin pointed differences in descriptions. The case is now being re investigated as being different murderers. There was also the critism of the officer in charge with the view that if he hadnt been convinced of the Bible John killer that they would have had more success in catching the killers.
              Last edited by Hatchett; 11-06-2014, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
                Hi,

I watched the programme on TV about Bible John, with interviews with contemporary police and police involved in the investigation. They all undermined the bible quotes as being little more than was what was in commpn parlance. They also pin pointed differences in descriptions. The case is now being re investigated as being different murderers. There was also the critism of the officer in charge with the view that if he hadnt been convinced of the Bible John killer that they would have had more success in catching the killers.
                Hatchett,
                I know that Joe Beattie, the Police Officer leading the investigation, placed great importance on the description of the suspect given by Helen Puttock's sister. I also know that not all Police Officers involved in the case shared Joe Beattie's confidence re this description.

I am not aware of the Police re-investigating the case as 3 different murder cases.
                Do you have any further info re this?

Comment

Working...
                X