No announcement yet.

Have They Finally Found Keith Bennett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have They Finally Found Keith Bennett?

I just saw this in the paper today.

I hope they have finally located the body of Keith Bennett, although if so, it's a shame that it's come too late for poor Winnie.

Does anyone know if the author mentioned is "our" Russell Edwards of table-runner fame?

Just out of interest.

This is Russell Edwards we’re talking about here…

Alan Bennett (Keith’s brother) has said on Facebook “Nothing has been found on the moor as yet despite all the headlines.”

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
      This is Russell Edwards we’re talking about here…

Alan Bennett (Keith’s brother) has said on Facebook “Nothing has been found on the moor as yet despite all the headlines.”

JM
      Hmmmm! Interesting.

It's all over the media here.

That's horribly cruel if it turns out to be complete nonsense.

Comment

He’ll figure out how to make money off of it either way.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
          He’ll figure out how to make money off of it either way.

JM
          Sad, but true.

Comment

Erm!
            1) This tweet, with smiley emojis!
            2) Conclusively proved the ID of JtR?

What?
            Attached Files
            JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
            JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
            ---------------------------------------------------
            JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
            ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

QUOTE=richardh;n796642]Erm!
              1) This tweet, with smiley emojis!
              2) Conclusively proved the ID of JtR?

What?[/QUOTE]

Smiley faces? What a sense of decorum.

It'll be interesting to see how this develops, the lad deserves a proper resting place and a memory of who he was, not simply being the 'unfound victim', keeping the names of his killers alive and prolonging their infamy.

All credit to Russell and his team, if they've found him, but it's a sad end to a tragic story and he needs treating with respect.
              Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Police end a search for Keith Bennett's body after finding no sign of human remains at the scene.

Comment

I see Russell Edwards has removed his quite frankly tasteless happy face tweet.

No acknowledgment that he was wrong. Although he has got time to moan about Alan Bennett "destroying" his reputation ( yeah, I know).

It'd be nice to think that the lesson learned here is to not go to the press with talk of found skulls until the facts have been established. And maybe not to start a self congratulatory publicity train in motion beforehand. You can live in hope...

So, Mr Edwards, are you going to publicly acknowledge that you were A) wrong, and B) a bit out of order and owe Alan Bennett an apology?
                  Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
                    I see Russell Edwards has removed his quite frankly tasteless happy face tweet.

No acknowledgment that he was wrong. Although he has got time to moan about Alan Bennett "destroying" his reputation ( yeah, I know).

It'd be nice to think that the lesson learned here is to not go to the press with talk of found skulls until the facts have been established. And maybe not to start a self congratulatory publicity train in motion beforehand. You can live in hope...

So, Mr Edwards, are you going to publicly acknowledge that you were A) wrong, and B) a bit out of order and owe Alan Bennett an apology?
                    What kind of person does this kind of tasteless lap-of-honour before the evidence has been evaluated? Someone more interested in publicity than in helping a grieving family I’d suggest.

Will he admit to A) and B) Al? Somehow I doubt it.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Indeed Al / Herlock!

Had Edwards just gone to the police directly instead of involving the papers there would have been much less harm done.

Had the search then been successful he could have received all due credit and been patted on the back, with all the positive publicity he can dream of.

As it is he has just outed himself as a completely reckless, insensitive media whore.

I feel desperately sorry for Keith's brother Alan.

Comment

I couldn’t have put it better Ms D. He needlessly raised the hopes of a family who have been suffering for 58 years and then he comes up with a ‘this is the thanks that I get!’

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                          I couldn’t have put it better Ms D. He needlessly raised the hopes of a family who have been suffering for 58 years and then he comes up with a ‘this is the thanks that I get!’

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...keith-25211601
                          Uggghhh!

I hadn't realised that Edwards was actively engaging in a war of words with Alan Bennett.

That's disgraceful.

I'm sure the reason that Alan had no inclination to engage with Edwards is that he was using the tragic case for his own publicity.

No self awareness there whatsoever.

Utterly distasteful.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Uggghhh!

I hadn't realised that Edwards was actively engaging in a war of words with Alan Bennett.

That's disgraceful.

I'm sure the reason that Alan had no inclination to engage with Edwards is that he was using the tragic case for his own publicity.

No self awareness there whatsoever.

Utterly distasteful.
                            ''Utterly distasteful'', as Ms Diddles says. I do wonder if the appropriate authorities have considered a charge of outraging public decency.

Comment

Working...
                            X