Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappearance of Gabby Petito

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disappearance of Gabby Petito

    A woman named Gabby Petito, who I am assured is a famous YouTube celebrity, was living in a van with her boyfriend. The two were driving across the United States on a roadtrip that they were extensively documenting on YouTube, Instagram, and other social media sites.

    https://nypost.com/2021/09/17/brian-...-gabby-petito/

    The boyfriend eventually returns from the roadtrip alone, without Gabby, holes up in his parents house, and refuses to speak to the media or the police. Police footage has been released showing Gabby and her boyfriend having a huge fight in Moab, Utah that had to be broken up by police, but that was a week and a half or so before the last message from Gabby.

    The theory that many people have right now is that they had another fight and the boyfriend abandoned her in the wilderness and drove home by himself, but as the police are saying right now there is no evidence of a crime.

    Oh and there was an unsolved double murder in Moab, Utah at roughly the same time as Gabby and her BF were in the area, which police have refused to say is not related to this case.

  • #2

    Comment


    • #3
      Interesting one Damaso.

      Of course everyone is thinking the same thing and I have to say that it’s easy to see why. The fact that the boyfriend refuses to co-operate with the police is deeply suspicious but not conclusive but putting that alongside the fact that she hasn’t contacted her family then it doesn’t look good. I’m hoping that I’m wrong but I’m not expecting her to turn up alive.
      Regards

      Sir Herlock Sholmes



      "The most confused you will ever get is when you try to convince your heart and spirit of something your mind knows is a lie.”

      ”The absence of doubt is not necessarily a sign of the presence of truth.”

      Comment


      • #4
        If he did abandon her, I assume that it matters how exactly he did it. I don't know the relevant criminal statutes in Wyoming, California, or any other state where they may have been together for the last time, but I assume that abandoning a person in the middle of the wilderness where it is highly likely they will die of exposure before being rescued is a crime, while leaving a person in a small town is far less likely to be a crime. (Even if later, as a vulnerable solo female on the side of the highway, she was picked up by a serial killer or something).

        He clearly believes that, whatever happened, at least somebody in society would consider it to be possibly criminal, otherwise he would not be immediately taking precautions against self-incrimination.

        The police have the van btw so we'll know soon if that turns up anything.

        Comment


        • #5
          of course he killed her. not sure about the double murder being connected though.

          My wife and I did a similar trip before we got married and its a miracle we didnt kill each other, let alone stay together LOL!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            of course he killed her. not sure about the double murder being connected though.

            My wife and I did a similar trip before we got married and its a miracle we didnt kill each other, let alone stay together LOL!
            Did you get sentenced to 30 years on Casebook Abby?
            Regards

            Sir Herlock Sholmes



            "The most confused you will ever get is when you try to convince your heart and spirit of something your mind knows is a lie.”

            ”The absence of doubt is not necessarily a sign of the presence of truth.”

            Comment


            • #7
              I agree that his behavior is extremely suspicious and I would not be surprised at all if he is eventually charged with her murder. But he certainly is within his rights to invoke his Constitutional protections. We can only speculate why he is not cooperating with investigators. It could be that he was involved in some way but not in her actual murder and doesn't want any information he provides to be used in a murder charge. So before we get the lynch mob organized I think it best to let this play out.

              On a side note, when I lived in Florida years ago there was a couple in the news whose young daughter had gone missing. They believed someone had broken in to their house and taken her. Their statements were very contradictory and seemed to constantly change. At first they cooperated with the police but eventually lawyered up and refused to cooperate. People were absolutely convinced they were behind their daughter's disappearance and took the non-cooperation with police to be a sure sign of their guilt. People were ready to hang them on the spot. Turns out they were completely innocent.

              c.d.
              Last edited by c.d.; 09-17-2021, 05:47 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Oh and there was an unsolved double murder in Moab, Utah at roughly the same time as Gabby and her BF were in the area, which police have refused to say is not related to this case.

                https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...Aso?li=BBnbfcL

                c.d.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                  I agree that his behavior is extremely suspicious and I would not be surprised at all if he is eventually charged with her murder. But he certainly is within his rights to invoke his Constitutional protections. We can only speculate why he is not cooperating with investigators. It could be that he was involved in some way but not in her actual murder and doesn't want any information he provides to be used in a murder charge. So before we get the lynch mob organized I think it best to let this play out.

                  On a side note, when I lived in Florida years ago there was a couple in the news whose young daughter had gone missing. They believed someone had broken in to their house and taken her. Their statements were very contradictory and seemed to constantly change. At first they cooperated with the police but eventually lawyered up and refused to cooperate. People were absolutely convinced they were behind their daughter's disappearance and took the non-cooperation with police to be a sure sign of their guilt. People were ready to hang them on the spot. Turns out they were completely innocent.

                  c.d.
                  True c.d.

                  Sadly I don’t hold out much hope of her showing up alive though.
                  Regards

                  Sir Herlock Sholmes



                  "The most confused you will ever get is when you try to convince your heart and spirit of something your mind knows is a lie.”

                  ”The absence of doubt is not necessarily a sign of the presence of truth.”

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Boyfriend is now on the run

                    https://nypost.com/2021/09/17/gabby-...-also-missing/

                    Perhaps he knows the police will find something damning in the van

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It’s not looking good for him. Or for her family for that matter. There might even be a risk of suicide now.
                      Regards

                      Sir Herlock Sholmes



                      "The most confused you will ever get is when you try to convince your heart and spirit of something your mind knows is a lie.”

                      ”The absence of doubt is not necessarily a sign of the presence of truth.”

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        https://nypost.com/2021/09/17/tiktok...n-grand-teton/

                        A woman has come forward (on TikTok of course) claiming that on August 29 she picked up the boyfriend (alone) as a hitchhiker within Grand Teton National Park. She claims that the boyfriend spoke of having camped in the park for several days, but did not have anywhere near the amount of equipment and gear that would be expected of such a long camp in the wilderness.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
                          Boyfriend is now on the run

                          https://nypost.com/2021/09/17/gabby-...-also-missing/

                          Perhaps he knows the police will find something damning in the van
                          I know that he was considered "a person of interest" rather than "a suspect" supposedly but still wouldn't you expect the police to have been keeping him under surveillance?

                          c.d.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by c.d. View Post

                            I know that he was considered "a person of interest" rather than "a suspect" supposedly but still wouldn't you expect the police to have been keeping him under surveillance?

                            c.d.
                            Yeah, you’d think ‘surely enough alarm bells are going off about this guy?’
                            Regards

                            Sir Herlock Sholmes



                            "The most confused you will ever get is when you try to convince your heart and spirit of something your mind knows is a lie.”

                            ”The absence of doubt is not necessarily a sign of the presence of truth.”

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I believe the double murder and the disappearance of Petito are connected. The distance between Laundrie's last Instagram post and the discovery of the double murder is less than 30 miles and was on the same weekend. Highly coincidental. Almost as coincidental as Stride being murdered the same night as Eddowes.

                              https://twitter.com/billdetective/st...63482696126465

                              I believe Laundrie murdered all three women as a result of a mental health issue. He probably returned home either thinking he could get away with it or has no recollection of what he did.

                              That is my working theory.
                              Last edited by erobitha; 09-19-2021, 07:25 PM.
                              "When the legend becomes fact... print the legend"
                              - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X