Jodi Arias trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jodi Arias trial

Has anybody else been following this case?

Some background. On June 4, 2008, Jodi Arias allegedly killed her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander in his Mesa, Arizona home. His body was discovered 5 days later by his friends who were concerned for his welfare.

Jodi has changed her story several times. First, she claimed she had nothing to do with Travis' death and would never hurt him. Next she admitted being present during the murder, but claimed that Travis and she were attacked by a pair of ninjas who broke into his house. Jodi escaped the ninja attack, but Travis did not. Finally, she is claiming that she herself killed Travis, but it was in self defense.

I'm shocked that the grisly crime scene photos are being publicized during the trial. I assumed that such images were typically obscured for everyone but the jury. How horrifying it must be for the victim's family to have photos of the body pop up whenever they do a Google search.

The Arias trial is on in the background right now and the prosecutor is grilling Arias over something. Arias is so d@mn annoying. She corrects the prosecutor over every single irrelevant detail.

Prosecutor: You've been on the stand 8 days.
    Arias: NINE days.

Prosecutor: You showed him the letters.
    Arias: No, I GAVE him the letters.

Not only is she cold blooded killer, she is a smug cold blooded killer.

Comment

Hi Drummond Street,

I'm afraid I know nothing of the case, but could her behaviour either be, or be designed to look like, some form of OCD?

Just a thought...perhaps a naive one...dunno

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,

I think in this case it is more of an issue of control; she wants to show everyone who is in charge. Psychologists who have been asked to evaluate her (for cable news programs) have her pegged as either a psychopath or a borderline personality disorder. I realize that none of the experts have formally examined her, but they all seem to be coming up with the same two diagnoses.

Her behavior on the stand just doesn't corroborate her helpless victim act. She can clearly stick up for herself, and perhaps even more, she enjoys picking fights. When she gets convicted, I hope they put her in isolation. Not even inmates on death row deserve to be subjected to someone like Jodi.

Comment

You don't believe that they were attacked by ninjas, then?
          - Ginger

Comment

Ginger: Her stories are soooo out there. She gave an interview to 48 Hours about the ninjas and she was as transparent as a chocolate-covered toddler blaming the neighbor's cat for the missing candy.

During the trial, Arias claimed she could not remember any of the 29 stab wounds or the near-decapitation when she slit Travis' throat, but admitted that she was the one who killed him .

The best part of the trial so far is that the jury (via the judge) gets to ask Arias questions about her testimony. Few states allow this but luckily Arizona is one of them. Jurors initially submitted over 100 questions and the judge allowed about 90% of them. Most of the questions were hostile. Based on Arias' answers, the jurors have submitted ~60 additional questions which we also will get to hear.

If you have HLN (headline news) I recommend watching. The trial resumes on Wednesday this week.

Comment

I saw her talking on tv when I was waiting at the bank a few weeks ago and about threw up all over the place. Complete skank and a psycho. What is our obsession with young white girls on trial for heinous crimes? And I don't even think she is white she looks Mexican
              Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by DrummondStreet View Post
                Hi Dave,

I think in this case it is more of an issue of control; she wants to show everyone who is in charge. Psychologists who have been asked to evaluate her (for cable news programs) have her pegged as either a psychopath or a borderline personality disorder. I realize that none of the experts have formally examined her, but they all seem to be coming up with the same two diagnoses.

Her behavior on the stand just doesn't corroborate her helpless victim act. She can clearly stick up for herself, and perhaps even more, she enjoys picking fights. When she gets convicted, I hope they put her in isolation. Not even inmates on death row deserve to be subjected to someone like Jodi.
                Watch her not get convicted and walk free wouldn't surprise me
                Jordan

Comment

I don't think that there is any chance of an acquittal. The jurors' questions were skeptical at best, and often hostile. Too many people on the jury think she is lying about killing Travis in self-defense, the (completely undocumented) history of physical abuse, and pedophilia accusations, etc. so I can't see them acquitting her. Maybe, maybe she can get a hung jury followed by a second trial. But... I really think she will be convicted. Whether it will be murder 1 or 2, I don't know.

Comment

Is that what everyone said about that Anthony skank? There is no way she will be acquitted and look what happened
                    Jordan

Comment

The jurors in the Casey Anthony trial were never given the option of asking Casey any questions, so the public couldn't gauge which way they were leaning.
                      In this case, we can deduce that most (if not all) of the jurors think that Arias' defense is BS. An acquittal (like a conviction) requires complete agreement between jurors. There is way too much hostility in those questions for a unanimous decision to acquit.

Comment

I wonder how much money is being wasted in Arizona on this trial.But then again we are trillions of dollars in the hole so who cares right? I also think there should now be three verdicts given: guilty, not guilty and you gotta be f'n kidding me
                        Jordan

Comment

LOL! (and you gotta be f'n kidding me)

I feel that she will be convicted of murder 1, but I doubt she'll get the death penalty. Any thoughts on this? Thank you!

Comment

I honestly don't know what to expect with juries. What do they have in Arizona? Lethal injection? I know that is what it is here in NC I toured Death Row when I was in college they actually had just renovated it it looked nicer than the interior of some peoples homes
                            Jordan

Comment

Working...
                            X