Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who killed Freddie Mills

Hi all ,
    Just finished watching "Murder in Soho - Who killed Freddie Mills?
    It's not a subject I was that familiar with, but had me engrossed.
    The Verdict at the time was suicide, this to me is just incomprehensible, and would seem anything but suicide.
    does anyone actually still think suicide was likely ?

Regards.

I’m just watching it at the moment Spyglass but I think that I’ve seen this one before. It’s certainly an interesting one. There seems to have been far too many objections to suicide. The fact that he was shot through an open eye. The gun leaning against the seat. Then of course his behaviour immediately prior to his death seems to point away from suicide although he certainly suffered from depression. So murder seems the likeliest in my opinion. There’s possibly someone still alive out there that knows the truth.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      I’m just watching it at the moment Spyglass but I think that I’ve seen this one before. It’s certainly an interesting one. There seems to have been far too many objections to suicide. The fact that he was shot through an open eye. The gun leaning against the seat. Then of course his behaviour immediately prior to his death seems to point away from suicide although he certainly suffered from depression. So murder seems the likeliest in my opinion. There’s possibly someone still alive out there that knows the truth.
      Just to add, the guy at the end (I've forgotten his name already) seemed fairly plausible to me. There has to be at least a chance that this is the solution.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Just to add, the guy at the end (I've forgotten his name already) seemed fairly plausible to me. There has to be at least a chance that this is the solution.
        Agree, he did sound plausible as much as the Krsys seemed very unlikely.
        I read afterwards, that no finger prints were found on the gun either.

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post

Agree, he did sound plausible as much as the Krsys seemed very unlikely.
          I read afterwards, that no finger prints were found on the gun either.
          Hi Spyglass

I have not re-watched the documentary recently, but I believe there were strong reasons to suspect Freddie Mills had been murdered. As far as I remember, they include:
          * no fingerprints on the gun
          * two shots had been fired
          * a couple of people claimed (later) to know who killed Freddie Mills

There is a book which claims Freddie Mills admitted to being 'Jack the Stripper' and arranged for the Krays to kill him rather than face justice (is that what you are referring to above?). There are a number of other suggestions for his murderer also. Never looked into this case closely enough to form a view, but it is intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post

Hi Spyglass

I have not re-watched the documentary recently, but I believe there were strong reasons to suspect Freddie Mills had been murdered. As far as I remember, they include:
            * no fingerprints on the gun
            * two shots had been fired
            * a couple of people claimed (later) to know who killed Freddie Mills

There is a book which claims Freddie Mills admitted to being 'Jack the Stripper' and arranged for the Krays to kill him rather than face justice (is that what you are referring to above?). There are a number of other suggestions for his murderer also. Never looked into this case closely enough to form a view, but it is intriguing.
            Hi,
            The "Jack the Stripper" angle was mentioned, although it didnt really cover much about what the actual evidence was to suggest this.
            The krays were mentioned more in just passing really,as well as the Richardsons.
            I'm definitely going to read up more on it.

Comment

Originally posted by spyglass View Post

Hi,
              The "Jack the Stripper" angle was mentioned, although it didnt really cover much about what the actual evidence was to suggest this.
              The krays were mentioned more in just passing really,as well as the Richardsons.
              I'm definitely going to read up more on it.
              My memory of the Jack the Stripper story, which may be a bit off, is:
              Freddie Mills was a freemason
              He knew another freemason involved with the Jack the Stripper investigation
              Freddie confessed to this police officer that he had killed the prostitutes
              The police officer suggested he could help Freddie confess to manslaughter instead of murder
              Freddie couldn't face this and asked the Krays to get a hitman to kill him
              Freddie obtained a gun which he left in his car for the hitman to use

There was some corroborating evidence in that Freddie's car was spotted in the area of the murders on a couple of occasions.

I haven't done the story justice but the above is an outline. I don't know if the theory has since been debunked or not .

Comment

Working...
              X