Zodiac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zodiac

Anyone know if it is possible that google deep mind code crack the code left by zodiac.
    Recently google mind has mastered the mystery of protein folding thought yo be impossible.
    also, google deep mind mastered the game GO which has over a million combinations.
    know very little about the case just started watching the film and the thought came to me .

Are you asking if anyone on here understands Google’s AI algorithm enough to declare that it is intelligent enough to know whether it has the capacity to solve a serial killer’s 50 year old ciphers?

I would not have a clue.
    Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
    JayHartley.com

Comment

I’m asking if the code could be given to googles deep mind team for them to do.

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
        Anyone know if it is possible that google deep mind code crack the code left by zodiac.
        Recently google mind has mastered the mystery of protein folding thought yo be impossible.
        also, google deep mind mastered the game GO which has over a million combinations.
        know very little about the case just started watching the film and the thought came to me .
        On the face of it, it seems a sensible point to raise.

Although if there's not a profit at the end of it, I'm not sure that Google would be too interested, or maybe it's just this lockdown making me extra cynical.

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
          well one of them was just recently cracked, by a bunch of sw developer armchair sleuths. so theyre probably on any ones that are left.
          and you can certainly use google to look that up ; )

edited: actually are there even anymore uncracked ciphers sent by the zodiac, or was the lateset that last one???
          Last edited by Abby Normal; 03-09-2021, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Zodiac wasn't the first killer, apparently, to enjoy ciphers. Maybe once Deep Mind has cracked any remaining codes of his, it could have a go at this chap's mysterious notes;
            ​​​​​​
            When Henry Debosnys arrived in Essex, New York, the sleepy town was unprepared for the string of dark events that trailed the exotic European stranger...

Comment

"The Hunt for the Zodiac Killer" was a television documentary that looked at various suspects and included a group of computer science students working on decoding the ciphers with a new program. I watched several episodes of the first season, but don't know if there was more. I think it was on History Channel.
              The link goes to a YouTube version of season 1, episode 1.
              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

The remaining ciphers are impossible to crack due to being so short and having so many different letters. There are thousands of solutions which could work but it would be absolutely impossible to tell which one was correct unless the key was found or the Zodiac themselves were asked. If the Zodiacs identity is ever discovered you could then probably work out the unsolved my name is cipher unless the zodiac is trolling, which due to the nature of the recently solved 340 cipher, makes it much more likely that the answer to it won't be their actual name.

Comment

Working...
                X