Deciphering Wallace Case Statements.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deciphering Wallace Case Statements.

Ok, continuing from the Wallace thread. Thanks in advance for any help. We’re still on Amy’s statement to Munro.

The next bits that I’m stuck on are these:

1. In the paragraph that begins...The day afterwards.....

After the words.....until the time of the arrest......there are 3 words....the first 2 look like .....continuing extremely?

2. In the paragraph after Amy’s signature it’s says....Mr Wallace ........ not a strong man?

3. In the second sentence it says...... She did.....followed by 3 words which might be....it without bothering?

That’s all for Amy’s statement. I

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Ok, continuing from the Wallace thread. Thanks in advance for any help. We’re still on Amy’s statement to Munro.

The next bits that I’m stuck on are these:

1. In the paragraph that begins...The day afterwards.....

After the words.....until the time of the arrest......there are 3 words....the first 2 look like .....continuing extremely?

2. In the paragraph after Amy’s signature it’s says....Mr Wallace ........ not a strong man?

3. In the second sentence it says...... She did.....followed by 3 words which might be....it without bothering?

That’s all for Amy’s statement. I
    Hi Herlock - without any help from Mr or Mrs moste , try these:

1. ''continuing extremely grieved''.
    Would seem to fit. Checked ''grieved'' in dictionary; not a common term nowadays but simply the past tense of to grieve.

2. ''Mr Wallace was however not a strong man''.

3. Assuming I'm looking at the same version, the top of the page has been turned over and a bit of the wording cannot be seen. Feel it would be something like, ''She did it without it bothering her''. In other words, Julia did all she could to help Wallace and did not mind doing so at all.

Best,
    OneRound

Comment

Cheers OneRound

It’s on to Edwin...

1. In the second paragraph of his statement on the fourth line, after the words....& had lessons. There’s a word inserted before the first word of the next sentence.

2. 6th paragraph beginning.....Next day my Uncle....

My mother were at ........... Street Station ??

3. Same paragraph.....of his Superintendent near.............Street.

Thats all for Edwin’s statement.

Comment

Edwin

1 Think it says "[Book]".

2 Lime Street Station

3 near Byron Street

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Dupin View Post
          Edwin

1 Think it says "[Book]".

2 Lime Street Station

3 near Byron Street

HTH
          Thanks again Dupin

You’re right in that it does look like ‘book’ or ‘back’ but neither have a meaning?

I should have got Lime Street but for some reason my brain kept saying Vine Street which it obviously wasn’t.

Comment

[Book] might mean 'he took lessons' is not strictly accurate, he just had a book with lessons in it, like my "tune a day" guitar book (must do one sometime).

Vine Street is an orange property in Monopoly: well worth buying!

Comment

[Book] might mean 'he took lessons' is not strictly accurate, he just had a book with lessons in it, like my "tune a day" guitar book (must do one sometime).

Vine Street is an orange property in Monopoly: well worth buying!
              That makes sense Dupin.

Yes I kept wondering why a monopoly property kept coming into my mind.

Comment

I’m now on the statements of Wallace’s customers.

1. Mrs Jane Elizabeth Harbord.....after the words....the following Tuesday

He seemed? ........... and worried.

2. Mrs Lottie Lowrie........

I remember we passed .............. about the weather.

Comment

1 pale and worried.
                  The word on the next line but one has 'hoped' with almost the same f-like letter but without the lower loop of an f, which is usually present in actual 'f's.

2 remarks about the weather. Look at the beginning of this sentence: 'I remember the Tuesday'... it actually says 'I rember the Tuesday', but the 'rem' looks identical to the 'rem' of remarks, except our scribe seems to want to put an e in that: remarkes.

Lovely handwriting. It is similar to my scrat-write on backs of envelopes.

Comment

1 pale and worried.
                    The word on the next line but one has 'hoped' with almost the same f-like letter but without the lower loop of an f, which is usually present in actual 'f's.

2 remarks about the weather. Look at the beginning of this sentence: 'I remember the Tuesday'... it actually says 'I rember the Tuesday', but the 'rem' looks identical to the 'rem' of remarks, except our scribe seems to want to put an e in that: remarkes.

Lovely handwriting. It is similar to my scrat-write on backs of envelopes.
                    Cheers Dupin,

I’ll carry on with them tomorrow when I’ll no doubt be asking for more help.

Comment

Sorry to say, we can’t advance further on any of the previous suggestions.

Comment

Ok ive gone through the statements of Wallace’s clients and only have one mystery

Ann Miller

I told him ........that it was ¼ of an hour fast.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                          Ok ive gone through the statements of Wallace’s clients and only have one mystery

Ann Miller

I told him ........that it was ¼ of an hour fast.

Cheers
                          However
                          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

However
                            How did I not see that? I’ll award myself a

Cheers Al

Comment

Working...
                            X