• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by WallaceWackedHer View Post

No it isn't wrong.

You can't be certain anyone will attend ANY appointment they have, it's not exclusive to chess clubs.

Exactly. So Parry couldn’t have assumed that Wallace would have turned up. He could only have hoped felt that there was a chance.

The fact is it shows which dates you can expect him to be there, anyone who sees the chart can know when to expect him to attend.

The chart is completely illegible without a key or explanation. It looks like the Xs are when he didn't come but it's not, then there's numbers and letters on days he skipped. Unless there's a key there somewhere on the noticeboard, it's not possible to know by looking at it when he wasn't there.

It's also not possible to tell if this trick was attempted before too but nobody saw him leave his house and so never tried it.
    Dates at the top (as you already know of course)

The numbers in the boxes going across horizontally denote the person that the player on the list on the left is due to play. If the game had been played then either a ‘w’ for win, an ‘L’ for lost or a ‘d’ for drawn is entered. So if a particular box has a number but none of those three letters then we know categorically that the game had yet to be played.

If you look at the table every player has one ‘x’ in his line. This is because there are 7 players in the league and so every fourth week a player would have no one to play. Three games require 6 players and so one is surplus. The ‘x’ marks the date where each player has their ‘no one to play’ day.

And so anyone looking at the board would very easily see that Wallace had missed his last 2 games before his game on the 19th. And so, if anything, they’d have said “well I can’t rely on him turning up.”

More very obvious evidence in favour of Wallace.
    Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 02-11-2020, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    I forgot to mention a while ago that you say in your piece on the case that it was completely wrong for the Prosecution to have said that only Wallace knew that he’d be there on the Monday night because on the notice board it said that he was due to play a game on the 19th against Mr Chandler. This is wrong.

Firstly, just being due to do something doesn’t make it automatic that you will do something.

and Second, if you look on the board Wallace was due to have played Mr Walsh two weeks earlier on the fifth and that match wasn’t played. Of course it could have been Walsh that didn’t turn up but it might well have been Wallace. He’d also missed a game against Mr Moore on Dec 8th and Mr McCarthy on 24th November.

To state that only Wallace could have been certain that he’d attend the club that Monday night is to state a fact.
    No it isn't wrong.

You can't be certain anyone will attend ANY appointment they have, it's not exclusive to chess clubs.

The fact is it shows which dates you can expect him to be there, anyone who sees the chart can know when to expect him to attend.

The chart is completely illegible without a key or explanation. It looks like the Xs are when he didn't come but it's not, then there's numbers and letters on days he skipped. Unless there's a key there somewhere on the noticeboard, it's not possible to know by looking at it when he wasn't there.

It's also not possible to tell if this trick was attempted before too but nobody saw him leave his house and so never tried it.

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    I forgot to mention a while ago that you say in your piece on the case that it was completely wrong for the Prosecution to have said that only Wallace knew that he’d be there on the Monday night because on the notice board it said that he was due to play a game on the 19th against Mr Chandler. This is wrong.

Firstly, just being due to do something doesn’t make it automatic that you will do something.

and Second, if you look on the board Wallace was due to have played Mr Walsh two weeks earlier on the fifth and that match wasn’t played. Of course it could have been Walsh that didn’t turn up but it might well have been Wallace. He’d also missed a game against Mr Moore on Dec 8th and Mr McCarthy on 24th November.

To state that only Wallace could have been certain that he’d attend the club that Monday night is to state a fact.
    Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 02-11-2020, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied
    Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

This doesn’t come close to disproving the theory I’m afraid. It might easily be suggested that the killer threatened her by saying “keep your mouth shut and you won’t get hurt.” Julia starts to get jumpy so the killer walks her without her having time to defend herself. This is very simple and I can’t believe that the day would come when I’d be partially defending Rod’s theory.
    Yeah I realize... I mean you could make it better in ways like that, but the scenario as reconstructed that we're told is close to impossible.

Further the criminal by now has successfully stolen from the box, he can just run. If he's discovered and panics she's gonna be dead in the hall or kitchen or w.e...

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Originally posted by Ven View Post
    BTW Herlock, nice paper. I agree mostly LOL!...just a few minor changes.
    Thank you Ven

Leave a comment:

• Herlock Sholmes
    replied
    Rod's idea is similar to mine but the differences make his practically an impossibility. I can indeed name reasons, there are too many so let me just state the obvious... This is what he's saying: Julia finds out a stranger is burgling her, she then lets him drag her into the parlour and shove her down onto the chair without struggling at all, and then makes no attempt to defend herself as the bar comes crashing down. I could go on and on...
    This doesn’t come close to disproving the theory I’m afraid. It might easily be suggested that the killer threatened her by saying “keep your mouth shut and you won’t get hurt.” Julia starts to get jumpy so the killer walks her without her having time to defend herself. This is very simple and I can’t believe that the day would come when I’d be partially defending Rod’s theory.

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied
    I'm about to head out. I don't understand what information you want. Mrs Draper gave a reason why she hadn't been that week. She wasn't asked to not come, I think she had a family tragedy, I recall someone had died. I might be wrong.

I don't think Julia was tidy so....... I think the house looks decently clean from the photos, the ones you think should clearly show blood spray but not grime I suppose. I think the charwoman is responsible for the upkeep of the house - like why it looks presentable to me.

None of the officers said the house was grimey lol.

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied
    OK WWH, I think Herlock, Caz", myself et al, have rebutted enough of your "what ifs".. your website and resourcefulness has been fantastic.. but your comments just don't add up... give me a week or 7 to re-read the trial transcript and other bits and pieces
    I don't know, I mean it took pages upon pages for people to finally accept the milk boy came after 18:30. At least that's been cleared up. But there's probably more.

I'm sure it will take at least 100 pages to convince people William may have had help...

I also do see a discovery of the age and deception as a possible addition to a motive but not just straight reason to kill lol. Maybe you're the type to steal millions from poor defenceless old people or think it makes perfect sense to kill someone for being old. But I think there would be additional factors.
    Last edited by WallaceWackedHer; 02-11-2020, 11:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied
    You said in Post 397 that there are 2 persons who said she's dirty.. not me.... stop the ACID

I think I've rebutted your evidence"... you wanna have a go at mine?

You only tackled half of my last post e.g. what's your response to -

They had a cleaner come in once a week...yet Julia was not doing anything.. and you're basing your judgements on black and white photo's...lol...the Nurse said she was “Peculiar in her manner and dirty..."
    And if the cleaner came in once a week why didn't she come on the 14th...was she asked not to?
    I was literally helping your comment as it was lacking knowledge that would be beneficial for your case. You only knew about the nurse. I added another one for you.

Leave a comment:

• Ven
    replied
    OK WWH, I think Herlock, Caz", myself et al, have rebutted enough of your "what ifs".. your website and resourcefulness has been fantastic.. but your comments just don't add up... give me a week or 7 to re-read the trial transcript and other bits and pieces

Leave a comment:

• Ven
    replied
    You said in Post 397 that there are 2 persons who said she's dirty.. not me.... stop the ACID

I think I've rebutted your evidence"... you wanna have a go at mine?

You only tackled half of my last post e.g. what's your response to -

They had a cleaner come in once a week...yet Julia was not doing anything.. and you're basing your judgements on black and white photo's...lol...the Nurse said she was “Peculiar in her manner and dirty..."
    And if the cleaner came in once a week why didn't she come on the 14th...was she asked not to?

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied
    "There are two people who said she's dirty."... that's 2 times more people that i would hate to think i am dirty!!

...and he has ONE friend... wow

I think I've rebutted your evidence"... you wanna have a go at mine? you only tackled half of my last post e.g. what's your response to -

And... are your married?
    Uh not really I'm watching Friends at present. What is it you want a rebuttal of? I know about the nurse, you neglected to mention the other person who also said she was dirty.

It might have been Alfred Mather.

Leave a comment:

• Ven
    replied
    "There are two people who said she's dirty."... that's 2 times more people that i would hate to think i am dirty!!

...and he has ONE friend... wow

I think I've rebutted your evidence"... you wanna have a go at mine? you only tackled half of my last post e.g. what's your response to -

And... are your married?

Leave a comment:

• WallaceWackedHer
    replied
    She was not BANGING Parry or vice versa... she was 69!

"They did argue once, William told her off for buying too many newspapers. Although it was years earlier. No recent arguing which you might expect if there had been a sudden realization of something angering."

Based on this statement I think you cant possibly be married WWH... They did argue once....LOL... that was based on someone hearing the argument... LOL... you dont have to argue loud enough for others to hear to HATE someone!

"I think it's something he might have told his friends"... He had no friends!...except Amy
    William might have THOUGHT she was or that she was overly flirty.

There are two people who said she's dirty.

It wasn't based on people hearing, it was in William's diary. He said they had fallen out over it and he felt bad about arguing with her ir something.

He did have friends. Caird was one for example. But he was a little reclusive. Seems a bit Julia-ish.

Leave a comment:

• Ven
    replied
    She was not BANGING Parry or vice versa... she was 69!

"They did argue once, William told her off for buying too many newspapers. Although it was years earlier. No recent arguing which you might expect if there had been a sudden realization of something angering."

Based on this statement I think you cant possibly be married WWH... They did argue once....LOL... that was based on someone hearing the argument... LOL... you dont have to argue loud enough for others to hear to HATE someone!

"I think it's something he might have told his friends"... He had no friends!...except Amy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X