Zodiac Killer Identified at last!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zodiac Killer Identified at last!?

Lyndon Lafferty penned a book on his decades long hunt for the Zodiac called 'The Zodiac Killer Cover-Up' in which he adds an intriguing new theory as to who the killer was and why he was never caught.

The Zodiac killer 'identified': Infamous Sixties murderer is a 91-year-old man still living in California, claims author after 40-year investigation

I wonder how many 91 y/o men there are in Solano County.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...erty-book.html

The Zodiac killer 'identified': Infamous Sixties murderer is a 91-year-old man still living in California, claims author after 40-year investigation
      Its a cover up! what a surprise

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        I wonder how many 91 y/o men there are in Solano County.
        I wonder how many men have been "identified" as the killer now?

Chris, thanks for the link.

Comment

It reminds me of the unidentified suspect in the Jack the Stripper book who was figured out in about a hour.
          This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I'm more shocked about the cover PRICE than the cover up. I just looked on Amazon.com and it's $48.95!!!! Funny thing is, earlier today I ran a search with search words 'zodiac killer' and this book didn't come up. I'm going to wait for this to hit paperback and have a more reasonable price.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
              http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...erty-book.html

Wow! This is really interesting. After all these years, many have never even heard of the Zodiac Killer.

Wonder if he's got it right. Certainly is dedicated to the thing, waiting for people to die before he could speak.

I find this sentence to be extremely intriguing:

"Mr Lafferty, who said he worked as a code breaker during the Korean War, even claims that the name of his suspect appears in the Zodiac's codes."

Comment

I was in California a few weeks ago, 200 miles from San Francisco, this suspect is 91.

If he is indeed the Zodiac Killer, after reading this I feel seized with some kind of innate fear, as if he is able to find me, tonight. I find myself avoiding the windows.

I'm having a hard time dispelling it. Ludicrous as it sounds.

How awful it must've been in Whitechapel back then.

Comment

I live in Northern California and family is originally from where Lake Berryessa now stands (for those of you not familiar with the area Lake Berryessa is a man made 'lake") and where some of the victims were killed, so this case is often talked about. I have lost count how many people have claimed they knew who the killer was but have yet to substantiate with anything vaguely credible. As far as this book is concerned I'm not holding my breath for anything being proven. In fact a local talk radio station I was listening to said that he doesn't actually name the officers that actively covered it up or the name of the killer in the book.

Comment

Hi Callie,

A useful first post on the boards proper. Thanks.

So he's charging the best part of $50 dollars for a book in which he doesn't name the suspect - just tells us his age! Wonderful! Shall we all play "Guess the Age of Jack the Ripper"?
                    I think I'll invest my money is something more worthwhile.

Regards, Bridewell
                    Last edited by Bridewell; 05-19-2012, 11:06 PM. Reason: Correct omission
                    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Hi Bridewell,

Thank you for the kind words.

Yes, essentially he is charging $50 for unsubstantiated nonsense. In the book they give the killer the name "George Russell Tucker" which isn't the killers real name but the name the writer,Lyndon Lafferty, uses for him.

His so called evidence is markings that were around "Tucker's" abode that resemble some of the markings in infamous Zodiac letters, which he incidently has no pictures of and his belief a car resembling "Tucker's" may have been seen in or around the home of one of the victims.

He further believes the reason "Tucker" started killing was because his wife was having an affair with a judge. Then said judge realizing his affair with "Tucker's" wife was the reason for the murders banned together with the local sheriff and other "powerful" people to cover it all up. Because that would be a logical reason for everyone in power in Solano county to conspire to hide the identity of a notorious serial killer. Totally makes sense to me...

I think the real question here is what publisher in their right mind green lighted this book and then thought $50 was a good price to set?

Comment

"Suspect" is dead?

Comment

"Suspect" is dead?"

Wonder if the suspect was innocent and the book with the accusations and everyone figuring it out to be him, killed him?

Or what if he is really the Zodiac, and the stress of the trail heating up again killed him?

Thanks for the article

Comment

I may be wrong but didn't the Zodiac killer write three codes and only one has been deciphered...so if he is the actual killer has he deciphered the other two?

Comment

Ha sorry didn't see he was dead already.....

Comment

Working...
                              X