No announcement yet.

Favorite fictional early (before 1930) detective poll besides Sherlock Holmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I have some CDs of Price doing 4 of the radio shows. I guess George Sanders was the main man on film.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
      Yes, I have some CDs of Price doing 4 of the radio shows. I guess George Sanders was the main man on film.
      I believe the BBC did some new Saint radio dramas just recently. I haven't heard them yet though.
      “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• That sounds interesting Magpie.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Magpie View Post
          Ian Ogilvy did a great job in "The Return of The Saint" in the late 70's.
          Was that an American, Canadian, British or what production?

Stan Reid

Comment

• Sorry to butt in.....Ian Ogilvy is a British actor (related to our Royal Family I think) so the production probably would have been a British one.

Younger and better looking than Roger Moore too, who I've always considered a bit of a plank with not much personality. I've always thought his acting was wooden too. In fact he should be investigated for woodworm.

(Just thought I'd put my two cents' worth in )
            This is simply my opinion

Comment

• Besides the Saint I think Sanders also played the Falcon.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                I have some CDs of Price doing 4 of the radio shows.
                Last Sunday evening, I listened to those 4 Saint radio programs while out for a drive. They are from 1950 and 1951.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  Besides the Saint I think Sanders also played the Falcon.
                  Yes, both Sanders and his brother Tom Conway played The Falcon in movies. As best I can find, 9 different actors have played The Falcon; 3 in films, 1 on television and 5 on the radio.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hello all,
                    what about Leblanc's Arsène Lupin? Ok, he was a gentleman thief, but more than once he was "on the good side"...
                    And the French / Italian TV series of the early 70s starring George Descrieres was great, too!

Best regards,
                    W
                    Whoooops... I did it again.

Comment

• That's a possibility Wade. After all, Boston Blackie was a former criminal.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Interesting that the only detective who was a true contemporary of Holmes is the only one who has no votes - tough competition I suppose.

Stan Reid

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QI9ktB3xGw

Comment

• I don't forget Nayland Smith and Dr Petrie, but the perfect Ripper hunter, besides Holmes, would have been Prince Florizel.

Comment

• I've been watching the first season of Raffles the past couple of weeks.

Ripping good fun!
                              “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

• To my knowledge, the Raffles series has not run here in the States.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X