Hammersmith Nude Murders (Stripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gettin'um. Thanks Obs!

This is the 50th anniversary year of the, from my view, beginning of the core murders.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi Stan

Glad they are getting through! Yes 50 years this year for Gwynnethh Rees November the 8th. What's your view regarding Elizabeth Figg though? Keeep tuned I have some more photo's to post

Regards

Observer

Comment

• I think Figg is quite a stretch due to the time gap but who knows - could be.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Havn't read Neil Milkins book but I believe he suggests Harold Jones could have been responsible for Elizabeth Figg. Tracked down one of Jones addresses, the address when he lived very near to Mungo Ireland. I'll look and see if I can find the photo.

Comment

• Here it is Collinette road Putney, Jone's abode. Must have been a bed-sit back in the 60's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	collinette 2 reduced.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	664973

Comment

• More locations dealing with the Jack the Stripper murders.

Warwick Castle, Margaret McGowan seen drinking in here on the night of her murder.

Name:	w castle reduced.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	202.6 KB
ID:	664979

Inside the Warwick Castle

Name:	wa castle reduced.jpg
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	664980

Haydn Place, a little side street off Portobello Road. It was here that McGowan and friend were picked up by two kerb crawler's.

Name:	haydn place reduced.jpg
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	664981

Regards

Observer

Comment

• Another view of Haydens Place looking the other way from the above photo. The car which Picked up Margaret McGowan (aka Francis Brown) would have entered Haydens Place from the road at top of picture, which is Portobello Road.

Name:	haydens reduced.jpg
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	664982

Observer

Comment

• This is a view looking downstream from the Tailford murder scene. Irene Lockwood, the Stripper's next victim was found 300 yards from this point. I have looked around this area but have no reference (other than a close up shot of the river with a white X marks the spot) to pin-point the exact location.

Name:	thames reduced.jpg
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	664983

Observer

Comment

• I have other photographs relating to the Jack the Stripper series of murders including a shot of the row of garages in one of which Mungo Ireland gassed himself to death. The other scenes of death of the various victims are residential locations, and they are as they were in the 1960's. Consequently I won't post these here, as they could offend the persons living in those locations now.
                    Last edited by Observer; 06-06-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for your photos. They all look great. Sorry to read you decided not to post your other photos, though you did post the Collinette Rd which is also residential.

Comment

• Hi Brickbat

Yes I realised that, which is what made me think about the others. The house where Jones lived is not a murder site though. The thing is, one of the Stripper's murder victims, Mary Fleming, was dumped sitting upright literally next to the front door of a house in Acton. As I said the sites are unchanged, and although some people are unfazed by such things, I can't be absolutely sure that the person living in that house(should they stumble upon a photograph here in Casebook) would not be affected. They might well be fully aware of what went on outside theri house back in 64, but I can't be sure of that.

Regards

Observer

Comment

• I understand what you mean but all the sites' precise addresses are in the public domain, i.e. listed in David Seabrook's and Neil Milkins' books, also you'll find numerous period news agency photos on the net. So I have to say I really look forward to seeing more of your recent contemporary photos, especially of the Fleming, Barthelemy & Rees sites. I also saw (from Google Maps) that the Heron Trading Estate is completely relaid with all of the '60s buildings now gone, except for the Bridie O'Hara shed, so to speak, which is still visible from the Westfields Road bridge.

Comment

• Jack the Stripper

Hi Brickbat

Whilst I really do understand what you're saying, I also thoroughly respect Observer's stance in this case. I suppose the difference between this and something dating back into the 19th Century, is that the Stripper Murders happened easily within living memory...and that's enough to freak out anybody who's quite innocently bought one of the houses involved...likewise their young children, who really wouldn't understand the point you're making about public domain...are they to be tormented at school about living in a murder house? Kids do, you know....

I've (generally privately) disagreed with some of Observer's postings in the past, but not in this case...

Sorry

Dave
                            Last edited by Cogidubnus; 06-14-2013, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Hi Dave

This is so, thanks.

Hi Brickbat

I couldn't identify the Rees site. She was found on an ashpit in Mortlake. The McGowan sit is now a library, and council offices, so nothing to see there. The O'Hara site is, as you say, totally changed, so I didn't go over there. I have some other photographs which relate to the killings which would not offend so I'll post those when I get the chance.

Regards

Observer

Comment

• Jack the Stripper Murders.

Hi Good to see the forum is being used again after a long break. The rubbish dump where Gwynneth Rees was found dead is still there but is now used as a refuse transfer Station. I am in regular contact with Gwynneth's daughter Kim who lives in South Wales. Regards. Neil Milkins.

Comment

Working...
                                X