No announcement yet.

Hammersmith Nude Murders (Stripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I think the significance suggested is the way in which they were killed. I will try and find more detail on this later.

However the suggestion by DuRose is that the teeth were lost in the struggle for air as they were choked on the killers, well manhood.

I'm not completely sure that this was the case with Elizebeth Figg. Brian McConnells book is quite salacious in a certain style of crime fiction of that period.

Although Seabrook's account does seem to suggest the victim scratched at her throat.

There is no mention of a tooth at the crime scene in Seabrooks account.

I think the inclusion of Elizebeth Figg should be approached with caution.

Yours Pirate
    Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 01-13-2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• I agree, Figg just seems to be an unfortunate coincidence. However I don't think she could be dismissed entirely.

Losing a tooth, or several teeth in some cases, can only have been a result of something very hard being applied with a lot of pressure. I'm not sure if I can accept a penis could do that sort of damage. Maybe they were punched out? Were the teeth recovered? I've read that a set of dentures was missing from the Fleming murder scene

Comment

• Figg was a retrofit like Tabram, Smith and Millwood were with JtR or Cheri Jo Bates was with Zodiac. That doesn't mean this guy didn't kill her but I would be modestly surprised to find out that he did.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Well, I've finally reached the last page of Seabrook's book. I was quite absorbed by it until about the middle of the book. I then found it tended to ramble on, with lots of multiple conversations about Scots blokes and Weish blokes and their brothers and I got a bit lost.

The Freddie Mills bit threw me completely. Seabrook seemed keen to prove that Mills was murdered, touched on the rumours that linked him to the Nude crimes, but didn't offer much of an opinion on whether he thought Mills was a good suspect. I suppose that is because he had another suspect in mind.

The trip to Wales to see the medium also seemed very strange amd then the book suddenly presented the final suspect, the exCopper. Not sure at all about that. I'll have to re-read the final two chapters I think.

Comment

• Police Suspects

I have recently read David Seabrook's J of J book and like Sergeant Limehouse was not initially convinced about his theory of it being an ex cop. There seemed to be too much of a leap from being kicked off the force for thefts and committing a series of murders.

In a similar way I am not convinced that Mungo Ireland who had briefly served as a police officer is also an likely suspect and was conveniently used by John Du Rose to bolster the opinion that "four day Johnnie" always got his man.

Although Neil Milkin suggests that Harold Jones was in the area at the time and his psychiatrists were convinced he would kill again, why would he change his victims from teenagers to adults?

The more I look into some of the police officers who were on the perifery of the investigation into Freddy Mill's death the likes of Wallace Virgo, Ken Drury, Lambert and others the more I am now convinced that they may of known who the killer was.

Ironically Lambert investigated the murder of a model who was found naked in Chelsea in the early seventies and her killer was never found either.

I am doing research into the so called Dirty Squad and if anyone has anything that links them to the Hammersmith Nude Murders I would be very grateful.

PS Along with a Jack the Ripper tour guide I going to do a Jack the Stripper walk soon around Chiswick and Mortlake if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Here is a link to some news reports from the day - courtesy of ITN.

I hope it's ok to post it up here (?) I'm sure you will find it very interesting.

The ITN Archive features contemporary and archival video footage from the UK’s leading supplier of independent broadcast news. Browse over a million digital clips.

Comment

• Hammersmith nudes' murders

Hi everyone. Gosh! This site has gone very quiet for 6 months. Is there no longer any interest in Jack the Stripper? Just a bit of news to post. In the next 2 weeks Professor David Wilson, television presenter Fred Dineage and myself start filming for episode 5 of Fred Dineage's Crime Stories. The 1 hour documentary for the Crime and Investigation Channel will be aired throughout Britain and Europe in April 2011. The documentary deals with the life of Abertillery child killer Harold Jones and the Hammersmith nudes' murders. Adult children of 4 of the murdered women have agreed to take part in the documentary. I am hoping that children of 2 of the other women that were murdered will contact me before my book on the murders is launched just after the documentary. These women were Irene Lockwood and Mary Fleming Best wishes. Neil Milkins. n.milkin@sky.com

Comment

• Congratulations on getting on to TV with your book.

Comment

• I echo Bob"s congratulations Neil,do keep us posted!
                    Thanks,
                    Norma

Comment

• I'm still with it Neil although who knows when we ever get any news on the case over here in the States!? I actually remember the case when it was ongoing and it did get some limited coverage over here at the time.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi. There doesn't seem to be much interest in this forum anymore. Why is that? On Thursday 25th and Friday 26th November, Fred Dineage and Professor David Wilson came to Abertillery to film a 1 hour documentary for the C+I Channel dealing with Harold Jones and the murders of 2 Abertillery schoolchildren in Abertillery in 1921. The documentary also deals with the Hammersmith nudes' murders and the person who I am convinced was Jack the Stripper. Professor David Wilson will leave the viewer in no doubt who he believes the killer was. Regards. Neil Milkins.

Comment

• I think Jeff either got drummed out or chose to leave after some discord, I'm not sure which. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I am still interested in this case but get ratrher distracted by the A6 thread! I will keep an eye out for that documentary Neil. Any news on your book ?

Comment

• The book will be launched in March or April 2011 to coincide with the documentary. Regards. Neil.

Comment

• Neil-Will it be a straight documentary or one with actors in recreations?

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X