Hammersmith Nude Murders (Stripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Stan

I have know idea. All i do know is that I have been unable to post for around six months even though my account has been active..

Then yesterday while flicking through the site (on other matters) I discovered I could post again. Not received any communication of any kind, so who knows?

I'm not taking any chances, as my posts seem to mysteriously disappear around here, but i will post over the way in more detail, as i think the importance of what Neil Melkin is trying to say should be stressed.

Yours Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post

PS PS Lets face it what Bob knows about the hammi murders we could write on a postage stamp...
      You probably wouldn't need the whole stamp!

But I do know Neils name is Milkins not Melkin!
      Last edited by Bob Hinton; 12-20-2009, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
        You probably wouldn't need the whole stamp!

But I do know Neils name is Milkins not Melkin!
        Yes I’ve been following the luddite beliefs of certain casebook posters about spelling and grammar….perhaps the new technological age passed them bye?

Which is why I have made a lengthy reply placing ‘content’ before ‘style’ elsewhere..

Only a man obsessed by spelling could boast about his ignorance on a subject this important.

Pirate

PS Ah yes missed your reply there..have it now.
        Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 12-20-2009, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Eh?

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
          Yes I’ve been following the luddite beliefs of certain casebook posters about spelling and grammar….perhaps the new technological age passed them bye?

Which is why I have made a lengthy reply placing ‘content’ before ‘style’ elsewhere..

Only a man obsessed by spelling could boast about his ignorance on a subject this important.

Pirate
          No one boasts about ignorance, but some of us do admit when we don’t know something, rather than give the impression that we know it all! The subject is only important if you are interested in it. I’m not, that’s why I don’t know much about it and am quite happy to admit that fact. My knowledge on subjects that I am interested in is, I like to think, quite extensive.
          It’s not a question of being obsessed with spelling, but more a comment on a person who professes so much interest in another’s theories to the extent of wanting to make a documentary about them not even knowing the mans name!

Comment

• So lets get this straight Bob, you are writing reviews on books about a subject you know nothing about and on which you appear to have NO interest?

And your only qualification to do so, is that you're GOOD AT SPELLING and GRAMMAR?

I mean isn’t that a bit like getting a painter and decorator from Dung Balls and Co to re-paint the Sistine Chapel?

Pirate

PS There's an old saying that goes "In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king"....... pieces of eight
            Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 12-20-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• [I]PS You've hinted at knowing stuff before Vincent but never delivered. If you have anything serious to add then my camera is running?
              I certainly wouldn't want a camera running, the victim's height, age, looks, medical conditions etc are similar to a woman who suffered at the hands of the person I suspect to be the killer. Both of whom are still alive. I am not aware if dna exists from any of the crime scenes but I would be willing to have mine sampled to compare it as I am closely related.

Comment

So lets get this straight Bob, you are writing reviews on books about a subject you know nothing about and on which you appear to have NO interest?

And your only qualification to do so, is that you're GOOD AT SPELLING and GRAMMAR?

I mean isn’t that a bit like getting a painter and decorator from Dung Balls and Co to re-paint the Sistine Chapel?

Pirate

PS There's an old saying that goes "In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed man is king"....... pieces of eight
                Dear Pirate,

Yes do let’s get this straight. I have not written a review of a book concerning the Jack the Stripper murders.

I have written a review on a book about the Abertillery Murders of 1921, a subject on which I do possess a certain amount of knowledge. My main criticism of the book was on style, content and presentation and I consider myself qualified to make such comments. My review did praise the factual research that was carried out.

I am unsure where you get the idea that I am good at spelling and grammar from. I consider myself poor at these subjects, that is why I try so hard to get it right.

Comment

• Originally posted by vincent View Post
                  [I]PS You've hinted at knowing stuff before Vincent but never delivered. If you have anything serious to add then my camera is running?
                  I certainly wouldn't want a camera running, the victim's height, age, looks, medical conditions etc are similar to a woman who suffered at the hands of the person I suspect to be the killer. Both of whom are still alive. I am not aware if dna exists from any of the crime scenes but I would be willing to have mine sampled to compare it as I am closely related.
                  Vincent to my knowledge there is no DNA evidence from the murders. Neil might correct me on this (I'm sure he found one grave) but I beleive most of the bodies were cremated.

That said if you are serioous about your beleifs you should go to the police with them.

Merry Xmas and all the best

Pirate

Comment

• Hammersmith Nudes

Hi all,

Is this thread still active?? I've just spent a while catching up on it all and would be well up for a discussion - any takers?

Comment

• This thread is still active as far as I know. I'm simply no longer chit chatting on JtR matters.

Pirate

Comment

• Hi Pirate,

I've just been looking into the case, I'm trying to decide whether I think JtS was a signature killer or not.

I'm leaning towards 'not'; despite his MO of strangling and stripping the bodies, it doesn't seem to me that this was a psychological need but more of a practical necessity. However as I can't find much info on the net, it's difficult to assess. Also me being a complete novice, and just knowing a few CSI buzz words, my opinions don't mount to much!

Would be interested to know other people's thoughts,

Slipper

Comment

• Not my area of expertise but Stan is pretty well researched on the subject. So pick his brains if he turns up.

The problem is that there are eight victims usually attributed to the series, Morton lists another possible ‘Goldie’.

Figg dosnt fit the MO and Rees was badly decomposed.

Tailford was dumped in the river her pants pushed in her mouth, Lockwood dumped in the river.

Barthelemy, Flemming, Brown and Ohara…were all stored of some time and left naked and displayed.

Probable cause of death, choked while giving a blow job.

My theory is that they were all connected from Tailford to sex parties…not certain about OHara.

There isn’t at present a good book on the subject, although Seabrooks ‘Jack of Jumps’ contains must have information.

Neil Melkins book should be the most definitive and he pop’s up around here…(if your reading this Neil we have an appointment to organize we should try and set a date.)

Well that’s about it at present. If you require info on the period AP is pretty good.

My area is the victims and their backgrounds.

Yours Pirate

Comment

• I am currently reading Jack of Jumps by David Seabrook and I am finding it an absorbing read. Of course, the events he relates are not pleasant, but his research is very thorough and I like his writing style - it's almost Raymond Chandlerish in parts - but with more class.

Like Pirate, I am more interested in the victims' lives than their deaths and I am more interested in the social landscape related to the crimes and the kind of lives lived by the victims than who the actual murderer was.

It is quite a long, detailed book and I only have about half an hour a day to spare in reading it so it will be some time before I get to Seabrook's theory but I believe it leads to a suspect living in Chingford, north east London, where I grew up and I went to school with a boy who had the same name as the suspect - although it seems Seabrook never named the suspect in the book.

Comment

• He did pretty much spell it out. It was all over the internet that he believed Cushway committed the murders.

A most unsatisfactory conclusion.

Personally I dont like Seabrookes rather poorly discuised disdain for the victims. I had rather a long conversation with him about Hannah and we fell out pretty quickly, even if some of what he said were true, who are we to judge?

Oh well it's in the past and it is tragic he died so young....

A decent Factual book on the subject is long over due.

Trust you are well, and Happy New Year

Pirate

Comment

Not my area of expertise but Stan is pretty well researched on the subject. So pick his brains if he turns up.
                                I don't tout myself as any sort of expert so you are obviously speaking of some other Stan.

Anyway, as I see it, there is certainly a pattern to the slayings but I would agree that he is not a signature killer, if by that you mean a murderer who intentionally leaves something in order to show police that this was one of his killings.
                                This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X