Hammersmith Nude Murders (Stripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by halomanuk View Post
    are you able to put that on here Stan or is it legally binding still ?

I can't but it's mainly because I need a flatbed scanner. The picture is in Martin Fido's The Chronicle of Crime if you can find a copy of that somewhere and you might want to bring a magnifying glass. She is seated in what appears to be a maid's uniform.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Stan, I'm fairly certain the picture you describe is the usual picture presented of Helene Barthelemy? and the one in David Seabrook's book...

I gather that Neil Melkin's book will contain genuine new pictures. Despite the fact that it is finished, he is still taking time out to get this stuff correct..

One of the problems with books is getting pictures together, If I had the money I would help out, I know where it would go....copyright is expensive.

We have all said for a long time that we need a real book on the Hammer Smith Nude Murders. I think that Neil's book will be the first to take the case seriously and I cant wait for its publication...which I gather will be fairly soon

Good luck Neil, lets hope all that pain staking research pays off?

Pirate
      Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 05-30-2009, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Hammersmith nudes' murders

Thank you Jeff. Everything is now coming to completion. I never believed last July I would have got so far so fast with my research. The help I have had is unbelievable. I now have well over one hundred photos of people and locations connected to the cases. I have had a huge amount of help from Gwynneth Rees's daughter. Hannah Tailford's son and Frances Brown's son. I was hoping to hand eveything over to the publisher by the end of May but I know I just have to hang on a bit longer as there are other important photos and information on its way. The photo of the body on the link almost looks like a reconstruction but its not. It is Helene Barthelemy at Boston Manor Road. I will be contacting the BFI next week to see about using that photo.
        Best wishes Neil Milkins.

Comment

• WOW! Her flesh looks living.

Stan Reid

Comment

• In the newest issue of Ripperana (April 2009), Dr. Nick Warren calls for DNA testing in this case. Asking, "Why is Scotland Yard doing nothing?"

I would like to think that they have preserved the evidence since it is very possible that the killer could still be alive.

He also refers to the revealing of Mungo Ireland "in an obscure book". What book would that be?

Stan Reid

Comment

• At the end of the editorial about DNA, Warren says, "Surely the descendants of Mungo Ireland deserve justice." I could be wrong but that statement looks to me like he thinks that Ireland was innocent.

Wednesday marks the fiftieth anniversary of the finding of Elizabeth Figg's body. I noted same + over on the Centenaries thread.
              Last edited by sdreid; 06-15-2009, 05:29 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi Stan

Certainly Mungo Irelands wife and daughter were at the same address until fairly recently and moved at the same time David Seabrookes book was published.

The police continue to be 'cagey' about the case, despite continued application to review records by various parties.

I'm not convinced the police have DNA or they would have used it.

I know of at least two books currently being researched. Neils being the highest profile.

Jeff

PS do you have a link for the feature?

Comment

• Hi Jeff,

Regarding a link, Ripperana used to have a site but I don't see one listed any more - just email addresses for subscribing.

The police surely haven't been so short sighted to throw the evidence away yet. I don't think it should be thrown away ever if for no other reason to remove a cloud over an innocent man's head.

Excluding that, there is likely DNA in the graves with the victims. We dug up Marilyn Sheppard after about fifty years and, if I remember correctly, they got what could have been perpetrator DNA from her remains. The same goes for a Boston Strangler victim from the same era.

Stan Reid

Comment

• To my knowledge most of the victims were cremated but i think Neils book will carry more precise detail on the graves.

However you could be correct about DNA. I was really only guessing considering the police indifference to the matter. Again my guess for this is that the police were pretty certain that Ireland was the man/men, which is why nothing has been done.

Pirate

Comment

• Mungo Ireland

All I can say at the moment is that the cold case team at Scotland Yard who did a review of the Hammersmith nudes murders in 2006/2007 came to the conclusion that Mungo Ireland was most likely responsible. I can't figure out how in 1965 it was proved that he was in Scotland on the night Bridget O'Hara vanished, yet he is now believed to be the killer. I believe he WAS in Scotland but Harold Jones was not!
                      Regards Neil.

Comment

• Regarding Justice for Mungo Ireland

Ireland's family may possibly be convinced themselves that he was guilty. The police obviously know a lot more about the case than anyone else and I'm sure they would have put their evidence to his family. On the other hand Ireland's family may be convinced that he wasn't the killer like Freddie Mills' family are convinced that it wasn't Freddie. I don't know what truth is in it but I have been told that all evidence relating to the nudes' murders has been destroyed in a fire at the warehouse where it was stored. On the very day of Gwynneth Rees' inquest in 1964 a six year old girl was snatched from the same area where Gwynneth had lived in Stepney. Kim Roberts was found raped and strangled a few days after her abduction. The police cannot find her clothing which would no doubt prove the guilt or innocence of a number of suspects. Such is life. Regards Neil.

Comment

• True Detective magazine (May 2003 issue) published a crime scene photograph of Irene Lockwood, a mortuary photograph of Elizabeth Figg along with a crime scene photograph of Vicki Pender who was not a Stripper victim but was a friend Irene Lockwood.

Rob

Comment

• Thanks Rob! I didn't know there were any photos of Figg of any sort out there, not to mention a crime scene of Lockwood. Unfortunately, all our (U.S.) traditional detective magazines went under about the year 2000.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi Stan,

This is there website http://www.truecrimelibrary.com/ they might be able to help with a copy of the article or magazine if your interested.

Rob

Comment

• Hammersmith Nude Murders.

Food For Thought.victims Were Round 5 To 5foot 2in.so They Could Be Rolled In A Roll Of Carpet.and Hidden In Plain Sight.till The Murderer Could Move The Body,s.they Were Kept In A Car Spraying Garage As You Know.the Decomposing Smell Of The Body,s Was Hidden By The Smell Of Car Paint Which Give,s Off Alot Of Fumes.the Body Fluids Would Be Absorbed By The Carpet.the Murderer Is Still Alive And Was Well Known By The Working Girl,s.he Spoke With A Stutter.the Police Should Have Picked Up The Carpet Fibres On The Body,s.it Was Mentioned In One Of The Old Posts From 2005 Or 2003 About Some Of The Body,s Were Partly Mummyfied.that Was Because They Were In The Paint Shop For Awhile.it Is A Very Warm Enviroment.so The Murderer Is Someone Who Could Store Rolls Of Carpet In The Spray Shop Without Any Questions Being Asked.

Comment

Working...
                                X