Hammersmith Nude Murders (Stripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammersmith Nudes Murders

Thanks, Jeff, Stan and Pirate. I have felt for a while that Jones and Rees were known to each other and I believe the link will be shown in the next few weeks. Regards Neil.

Comment

• Hi Neil

I've got some work that urgently needs finishing over the next couple of days, After that i may have some spare days if you require any help or research doing?

Strangely enough I did at one point look into finding Rees relatives on Canvey Island as i also have family close by...Leigh-on-sea. And as you know Cushway has a connection there.

The problem is that A) I cant be certain that the relatives had the same surname. B) Canvey Island was mainly caravans and pre-fabs in the late 50's early sixties. Most of the houses now there were built 70's and 80's.

If I can be of any help either there or in London. Let me know

Jeff

Comment

• Kim and Peter Rees

Thanks Jeff, I hope by a week next Wednesday to post something very significant. Regards Neil.

Comment

• Hannah Tailford

Jeff, are you able to tell me Hannah's house number at Thurlby Road when she went missing. Regards Neil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Milkins View Post
            Jeff, are you able to tell me Hannah's house number at Thurlby Road when she went missing. Regards Neil.
            I will try, its in the coronors report, will need to make phone calls ....talk later..jeff

Comment

• Top flat, 37 Thurlby Road, west Norwood. Are you aware that when Hannah went missing she owed a Diary with names and contacts that went missing?

In 1963 Hannah was living at 36 Wickersley Rd Battersea.

then, 40 Chestnut Road

Pirate
              Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 12-02-2008, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Hammersmith nudes murders

Thank you Pirate for the information. I was hoping by now to have something significent to report but up to now have only this: Detective Superintendent Frederick Chadburn was perplexed as to why Gwynneth Rees vanished from Stepney, east London but was found dead in Mortlake, west London. What Chadburn didn't know was that Harold Jones/Harry Stevens was living incognito in the Mortlake district at the time of Rees' death. Regards Neil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Milkins View Post
                  Thank you Pirate for the information. I was hoping by now to have something significent to report but up to now have only this: Detective Superintendent Frederick Chadburn was perplexed as to why Gwynneth Rees vanished from Stepney, east London but was found dead in Mortlake, west London. What Chadburn didn't know was that Harold Jones/Harry Stevens was living incognito in the Mortlake district at the time of Rees' death. Regards Neil.
                  I will await. Yes Gwyneth was working East End clubs (Hannah had links to East end also). But i think we need something a little more circumspect to link her with Jones?

Anything in Wales?

Good Luck Neil

Pirate

PS Phone next week

PS PS Thats why an explination of aborsion gone wrong was put forward..she was a long way from home.
                  Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 12-04-2008, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• Hammersmith Nudes Murders

Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me when Kenneth Archibald died? He was 54 years old when he was acquitted of the murder of Irene Lockwood in 1964.
                    Regards Neil.

Comment

• Hi Everyone, I'm just recovering from Britain's man flue, so not back to speed yet.

I'm afraid i havn't an answer as yet about Archibald date of death, however I'm working on it as i did come across a thesis written about people who confess to crimes they didnt do, a while ago. I'm sure it had all the info on Archibald.

For those not familiar with Archibald's story this link will fill you in for now.

Merry Xmas Neil I wish you all the best for 2009, and your current quest.

Pirate

Comment

Thank you Pirate. Over the last few weeks I have been gathering photocopies of newspaper stories regarding all of the 8 murder victims, inquests etc.( Figg-O'Hara) Does anyone know the local history centre that would have microfilm of papers covering Tailford's murder and inquest.
                        Regards Neil.

Comment

• yes, its in North London somewhere, I filmed there about four years ago.

Most news papers are on micro film..

are you coming to London Neil? Fancy a coffee?

Pirate

Comment

Thanks for the offer Pirate but I have been fortunate up to now to be able to phone various archives and for a small fee have photocopies of relevant newspapers sent through the post. The only problem I am having at the moment is finding where microfilms on the Tailford case is kept. I know they would be at Colindale but they are not as helpful as local history archives.
                            Regards Neil.

Comment

• Actually they were pretty good when we filmed, however it may be that you need to go in and do your own donkey work. Give me a buzz and let me know what you require.

Pirate

Comment

• Hannah Tailford

Thank you pirate. What I meant by Colindale are as not as helpful as local archives, is, where local archives will send info, Colindale won't which is not surprising considering the amount of enquiries received. I have been trying different local history archives to save coming all the way to London.
                                Regards Neil.

Comment

Working...
                                X