Hammersmith Nude Murders (Stripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammersmith nudes murders

Thanks Jeff. Today I applied to Kew under the Freedom of Information Act to get access to Ireland's records. Regards Neil

Comment

• Hi Neil,

Any news on the access to Mungo's records?

regards, Paul

Comment

• Mungo Ireland

Hi Paul, I am expecting it will take a few weeks to learn whether or not I will be allowed access to these files. Regards Neil

Comment

• Thanks for the reply Neil, hope your request is granted. Seabrook seems to have had some success in the past, hopefully you too.

Regards, Paul

Comment

• Harold Jones

Hi everyone. The Daily Express is today(8-11-08) running a double page feature on the possibillity of Harold Jones being the murderer of 11 year old Muriel Drinkwater in Swansea in 1946.(google muriel drinkwater) The reprint of my book Every Mother's Nightmare: Abertillery in Mourning is fast selling out, which isn't bad for a book that one forumster predicted would sink without trace. Regards Neil.

Comment

• my copy just arrived...be nice to revisit the Jones case.

Comment

• Muriel Drinkwater Murder

Hi everyone. I realised today that the Daily Express article linking Harold Jones to Muriel's death was only published in the Welsh edition. Shame. It was an excelent article. Regards Neil.

Comment

• Prodical Son

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
                  Just a very quick post to thank casebook. Being here really does 'make a difference'. Hope to fill everyone in over the next few days. Good news to come.

Pirate
                  Hi everyone

Just a quick note to fill you in on good news. Those of you who have followed this thread over the past few years will know that I responded to a casebook post requesting information on Hannah Tailford, by her eldest son, who had been adopted, before she died..

Following some time and research I eventually managed to reconnect him with Hannah’s family in the Newcastle area. We also discovered that she had four children altogether, 3 boys and a girl. However despite reuniting him with his wider family and discovering where she was buried, we were unable to discover the missing brothers and sisters, who had also been adopted.

Recently however, following a search on casebook. I was contacted by Hannah’s youngest son, who was also interested in discovering more about his mother, Hannah Tailford. I am pleased to report that a family reunion is now planned.

I am of course interested in leads on Hannah’s second eldest son, David (who may have been adopted in the Derby area) and her Daughter Lyn (who may have travelled with her father ‘Lynch’ to Australia) Something tells me that Hannah would be happy if one day her family were all reunited.

Any future information would be treated in strictest confidence. And I am happy to help the family in any way possible.

Having spoken to a member of the family tonight, I have explained about Neil’s current interest and research, and that a book dealing with the facts of the case is long over due. The family would be more than interested in any findings on the matter. I have given assurances that Neil Melkins is the man for that book, and will treat the facts with sensitivity. I am at his and their disposal if required.

Anyway, this is just a short post to remind everyone that on occasions casebook makes a very big difference in peoples lives. Hannah’s two sons would not have been reunited if it were not for the existence of casebook. And I would personally like to thank Steven Ryder and his staff for making this possible. Thank you.

I will of course keep an eye on future developments on the case. I offer my services to any relatives of the ‘Hammersmith Nude Murders’ who would like further information or help reuniting with their families, as a large number of the victims, had children who were adopted.

Yours, as Always 'Jeff'. J. Leahy…..’the Pirate’
                  Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 11-14-2008, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Your latest thread is indeed good news Jeff and I hope that soon all members of Hanah's family will be reunited. I mentioned last week that the Daily Express of Saturday 8th November had done a 2 page spread on Harold Jones' possible involvement in the murder of 11 Muriel Drinkwater in Swansea in 1946. I understand now that the article was published not just in Wales but in various parts of Britain. i.e Wales, Colchester, Chippenham etc. A reporter from the Mail on Sunday visited me last week and said he could see possible links between Mungo Ireland/Harold Jones and the Hammersmith nudes murders. I am sure that soon they will be doing a story on this. I will keep you posted Regards Neil.

Comment

• Hi Neil

Just be careful. While we wish you every success with your research, the press have an interest in selling news papers, we'd like you to get the story correct, even if that means waiting a while.

Good Luck

and thanks Jeff

Comment

Thank you Jeff for the advice. Regards Neil

Comment

• Hammersmith Nudes Murders

Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me if the two children of Gwynneth Rees who was found dead at Mortlake on 8th November1963 are still alive. A girl, Kim was born in August 1958 and Peter on 27th December 1963. Some very exciting developments will be made public very soon.
                          Regards Neil Milkins.
                          n.milkin@sky.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Milkins View Post
                            Hi everyone. Can anyone tell me if the two children of Gwynneth Rees who was found dead at Mortlake on 8th November1963 are still alive. A girl, Kim was born in August 1958 and Peter on 27th December 1963. Some very exciting developments will be made public very soon.
                            Regards Neil Milkins.
                            n.milkin@sky.com
                            Hi Neil

Its almost impossible to tell if they are alive unless they choose to come forward. She certainly had two children. After leaving Wales she stayed with relatives on Canvey Island in Essex for a while. She also returned for periods of time to wales..ie I beleive she kept contact with her family while in London...she may have tried to place the children with relatives?

But I guess thats not to much help for you.

I did do a search for her coroners report and drew a 'blank', most were destroyed, its only by chance that Hannah's survived..

That said, the Police files should contain considerably more information..so good luck...

The only thing to bear in mind with 'Rees' is that her body was badly decomposed..and as far as I know didnt contain the tell tale spec's of paint associated with the later victims...it's possible she was a victim of an aborsion gone wrong, her body being dumped...however the police clearly had her down as a victim..

I look foreward to your news

Pirate
                            Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 11-24-2008, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• Hi all,

It's quite possible that if Rees was the first victim then the killer hadn't fully established his pattern as yet. I tend to count her in but not too strongly.
                              This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Good Morning Guys

Yes I find this a very interesting idea. I have always been suspicious if Figg was a victim? 1959 takes her well out of the pattern and she was strangled not suffocated with long phalic object, no teeth missing..although she was semi nude she had been murdered where found, the others were dumped. And she was very young 18-19.

A point i raised with Neil. As you know Jones and Rees are both from Wales and any connection would be most interesting. If Rees was the first victim that would be interesting.

As far as I remember Rees worked as a night club hostess in the East end before falling out with the boss and moving out west...

Now if she had work offered over in Putney that might also explain the move?

RE: Children. I did make a post on the old boards listing the children known to have belonged to the victims. I will look for my notes and try and re-post information.

Pirate

Comment

Working...
                                X