No announcement yet.

Hammersmith Nude Murders (Stripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As I identified on the old boards there is a basic problem with the known information on the books dealing with the subject.

Brian McConnels book Found dead and Naked-journalist

James Morton book Fighters-true crime novalist

David Seabrooks book Jack of Jumps- had access to police files.

The information regarding Ireland is contradictory, so its hard to know who to believe. Seabrook however had access to the police files. His style on the whole is to paste chunks of the witness statements, repeat them, and add rancid comments about the victims between the text..

He may have had access to police files but I would be very cautious of his conclussions...his suspect 'Cushway' was still alive and living in Chingford to my knowledge when the book was published...and almost certainly wasn't the Stripper.

I actually went to the release party and met David Seabrooke. However I've never agreed with his findings...he did go and meet Brian McConnel before he deid..now there is a man who I would have loved to have met..

Pirate

Comment

• Hi Jeff and Neil,

That guy with Brown would have been much younger than Jones. Sometimes people look young for their age but 25 years would be a case for scientific study.
      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        Hi Jeff and Neil,

That guy with Brown would have been much younger than Jones. Sometimes people look young for their age but 25 years would be a case for scientific study.
        Yep..the ages look like a problem. The only thing that might be bearing in mind is that Mahoon and Brown had been on a two day bender and were both pretty drunk..

But I agree it seem unlikely that Mahoon could have been that far out , she spent some time with her client..

But the fact remains that Brown was last seen with two men together.

Pirate

Comment

• Jack the Stripper

The fact that Brown was last seen with 2 men younger than Harold Jones doesn't mean that they were the last persons with her. Regards Neil

Comment

• Quiet correct Neil.

I've just been scanning through some of my case notes today trying to see if anything else (witness wise) fits, but no joy.

If you discount Elizebeth Figg 1959. And I think she's 50-50

Then the first victim was Gyn Rees. I beleive she lived in Barry/Wales.

I don't suppose there could be a connection? Between her and Jones?

There sometimes is with early victim? long shot.

However what you have discovered to date is most interesting. I still think we are dealing with a single killer, but if Jones were part of a group. Private Parties - drinking then it would explain a connection to Tailford, and I would be very interested in finding more about Ireland.

I have made some inquiries about access to the official records.

Talk soon

Pirate

Comment

• Hammersmith nudes murders

Hi everyone. Just to let you know that I am even more convinced than ever that Harold Jones was partly resonsible for the Hammersmith murders and it will become blatantly obvious sooner or later. Can anyone please furnish me with some information? Serial killer John Reginald Halliday Christie of 10 Rillington Place Ladbroke Grove, Notting Hill who was hanged on July 15th 1953 worked at the Heron Trading Estate Acton where the bodies of at least four of the Hammersmith nudes victims were stored before disposal. Who did he work for?
              Please contact me at n.milkin@sky.com

Comment

• Hi Neil

I hope that the contact information I left for you was of use. I wish you every luck in search of the information you require. Should you require any help then do not hesitate to ask. I only wish I could have been of more help.

Whether your theories prove correct or not, they seem to me worthy of further research. I look forward to your findings.

When you are next in London I would very much like to interview you, if at all possible.

I've not come across a Christie connection before.

Again, I would be very interested in any information, you may come across, about the production of 8mm films connected to the victims.

Yours Pirate

Comment

• I had read that Christie worked there but nothing beyond that including just what he did.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hammersmith nuds murders

Thanks Jeff and Stan. I have discovered that Christie worked at the Ultra Radio Works at Heron. I have believed for a long time that Harold Jones worked there and this is being looked into. Two serial killers working on the same estate? Coincidence? Thanks Jeff for the information that you supplied. I have spoken to Paul Begg and he has been helpful too.
                    Regards Neil.

Comment

• Hi Neil

Yes it possibly is just coincidence. However I believe that it raises an interesting parallel to the JtR murders where we also know that a number of serial killers where at work in a comparatively short space of time and area.

ie Torso killer, Cream, Chapman, JtR..possibly more.

Most interesting

Pirate

Comment

• Just a very quick post to thank casebook. Being here really does 'make a difference'. Hope to fill everyone in over the next few days. Good news to come.

Pirate

Comment

• Hammersmith nudes murders suspect Harold Jones

Hi everyone. Just to let you know that my book 'Every Mother's Nightmare: Abertillery in Mourning' which was published on May 22nd 2008 and which sold out within weeks has now been reprinted. The book which is 112 pages long and contains 160 photographs, (many scenes of crime never before published) is printed on high quality gloss paper and it will be sold at W.H.Smith's, Waterstones, the Crime Bookshop at Charring Cross and various other booksellers. My publisher Old Bakehouse Publications of Abertillery will also be selling the book via the post. Their phone number is 01495213744. It is anticipated that the reprint will sell out within weeks.
                          Regards Neil Milkins.
                          n.milkin@sky.com

Comment

• Hammersmith nudes murders suspect Harold Jones

Stupid boy Neil. Old Bakehouse Publications' phone number is 01495212600
                            Regards Neil Milkins

Comment

• Cheers for that Neil

I have definately decided to purchase a copy. I will phone them on Monday.

What we all need/require however is a decent, clear, well researched book on the Hammersmith Nude murders, Hint. hint.

I'm not certain whether your ideas are correct. But they certainly seem to me worth pursuing.

And as long as your book covers 'the Facts' in an imparcial way you will get 100% support from everyone here,

I'd just love to know why Ireland really killed himself and how many of the victims were involved in the same film making projects and playing the same party venues?

anything I can do, let me know. We need however, to get you a look at the same files that Seabrook did.

Pirate

Comment

• Hi Jeff,

Have you seen that other Stripper thread about the guy named Beverly Perrin who claims to be a former London policeman and who now tends bar in the Philippines?
                                Last edited by sdreid; 10-18-2008, 09:20 PM.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X