No announcement yet.

Hammersmith Nude Murders (Stripper)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'For possibly the first time in my life I found myself believing that there can be no humane answer for somebody born with the evil ability to kill, instantly, for sadistic pleasure with no remorse.'
    Respect, Keith... but is this the case in the Hammersmith Nude Murders?
    I don't think so, and I have my reasons for that opinion.
    The main reason is that, to me, the murders are not inherently sadistic, evil or 'pleasurable'; on the contrary they seem 'matter of fact' disposal crimes carried out with a specific purpose.
    V.S. Naipaul, writing in 1979 in his 'Michael X and the Black Power Killings in Trinidad: Peace and Power' explored, in some serious depth, the murder of Gale Benson, by the very same black men who were pimps for at least two of the Hammersmith murder victims, and his conclusion was that Benson died 'on stage' as it were, as a surprise as it were...
    But I reckon if Naipul could write between the lines of his conclusion he might say that Malik and his his thugs killed these white women because they had sex with black men... and that was against the rules of the 'Fruit of Islam'.
    My honest opinion is that the Hammersmith Nude Murders were the very first Islamic terrorist strike against the heart of Empire; and I carry the vexatious opinion that Jack's crimes were of a similar nature and degree.

Comment

• ...and the missing teeth and scatches to the throat inflicted by the victim themselves?

These women were suffocated by having a long thin object pushed into their throat..

I'd say that was a fairly extreme and sadistic murder.

Pirate

Comment

• Ah, me old pirating chum, Gale Benson took nine cuts to her neck, one almost severing her head, her arms and hands covered in defence wounds, but she was still alive when they buried her, particles of earth in her lungs a testament to that.
        It matters not the method, what we talk of here is motive.

Comment

• ok Cap"n---you have it your way.So what kind of terrorist was Jack? He wasnt surely a Muslim Fundamentalist turned terrorist so was he a Christian fundamentalist turned terrorist?

Comment

• Basically, Natalie, it is just men killing women using race or religion as a lame excuse for their inability to deal with them as human beings on a similar level to themselves...
            But I would say Jack did not like the Catholic in particular, and the Irish in general.
            Jack were the 'Angry Brigade'.

Comment

• yes,I reckon that could be the case Ap, and I reckon too that Jack found women selling sex more than usually unsettling and provocative....

Comment

• Blogg

Just a quick post on this thread.

I gather casebook is starting a new blogg section and wondered if this might be useful for those of you interested in this case?

I'm not certain how it would work but individual threads on each victim and each suspect might help to organize what has become an interesting and informative topic on casebook..

a sort of sub-section, giving voice to the latest ideas and theories on the subject?

Pirate

Comment

• Jack the Stripper

Hi everybody, I am even more that convinced Harold Jones-Harry Stevens-Harry Jones was involved in the Hammersmith nudes murders. (google neil milkins for more info). I say involved because since July, I have believed Jones was involved in the killings with an accomplice, a companion in evil deeds. The accomplice was Mungo Ireland a former London Metropolitan police officer. He committed suicide in his lock-up garage in Solna Avenue West Putney on 3rd March 1965. Soon after, Jones fled from the address which I had not been able to trace for many years. That address I have now discovered was 20 Colinette Road West Putney, just a short walk down Larpent Avenue to Ireland's garage in Solna Avenue. Stevens as he had been calling himself for the previous 17 years then turned up in Aldensley Road Hammersmith as "Harry Jones". Only the police can now join the dots and I am sure they can make the link between Jones and Ireland and Jones and the Heron Trading Estate Acton. I also believe that Jones' house that lay empty at Hestercombe Avenue Fulham between1963-1965 will eventually reveal dark secrets.

Comment

• Hi Neil

Welcome to casebook, Now you have me very interested. A link with Ireland, who was away the date the last victim disappeared, and a known serial killer.

Would you be interested in talking to me privately? I would very much like to interview you if at all possible?

Jeff Leahy

Comment

• Welcome Neil,

I'm sure we'd all be interested your information. I know I am
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Sell it to me Neil.

Jeff, I can't see anything relating to this case in that link
                        Last edited by sdreid; 09-23-2008, 01:31 AM.
                        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I do apologise everyone I'm not certain how that happened..

I'm useally good at links and crap at spelling...

AN INFAMOUS double-murder that took place in 1920’s Abertillery is the subject of a soon-to-be published book.

I will try again..however the link was simply to confirm Neil's credencials.

Fore those of you not aware he has an interesting story about a known serial killer called Harold Jones.

If he has proved a link between Jones and Ireland then this would be very interesting indeed. More than that actually.

However I'm sure we'd all be interested in any such proven conection. It would certainly fill in some of the known gaps.

Pirate

Comment

• Jack the Stripper

Hi Jeff. I'd be happy to talk to you. My number is 01495213744

Comment

• Good morning everyone

Why was I excited yesterday about Neil’s post, well I have been researching Francis Brown (a young black man bought her whisky the night she disappeared but that’s not why excited but why I was researching)

I think most of you know I believe in a single serial killer. That’s only because most killers work alone. However, that said, there are a number of interesting cases where this is not so, I digress.

The point is, that the best account of the ‘Stripper’ was given by Blonde Beryl.

Beryl Mahoon and Francis Brown had met a couple of days before Francis disappeared. They had been drinking all day…

I’m going to quote David Seabrook but his book is annoyingly broken up and full of his silly quips and rancid comments. We really do need a decent book written on the subject that actually covers the FACTS coherently. Gripe over.

Friday Night. 11 pm. Last orders. Upon leaving the Warwick castle Francis Brown and Beryl Mahoon walk toward two men in separate cars waiting at the traffic lights at the junction of Portobello Road. And Westbourne park road. As they approach, the first man waves to them to walk round the corner into Portobello Road. The men then over take them and park nearby in a small mews, Haydens Place.

“When Francis and I got into the Alley the two men were just getting out of their cars and were walking back towards us. I was surprised at first, as I had thought only one of them wanted to do business. I queried this with the smaller one and he said, ‘Its alright, we’re both mates’”

Brown’s suggestion is that the two of them should travel in one car and lead the other to a quiet spot near Chiswick green, but the smaller man, who is the first man, persuades the girls to split up. ‘I know the smaller man did ask us our names and he mentioned his and his mat’s name, but I cannot remember what they were.”

The first man is about 5’8’’ tall and aged between thirty and thirty-five. He has dark brown hair and a full face with a clear complexion. He is wearing a white shirt beneath a light tan suede jacket with a white sheepskin or lambs wool collar. ‘His speech was rougher than my client and he seemed to do all the talking’ He talks to Francis Brown into his car, a darkish grey ford Zephyr or Zodiac, and they are off.

Beryl Mahood gets into a fairly new light grey car with a bench front seat and gear change on driving column. Her man is 5’ 10’’ tall, of medium build, and aged between thirty and thirty-two. He has thinning light brown hair and a roundish face. He is well spoken with a London accent and he chats away as they follow the first mans car.

And then they lose the first mans car in traffic at a point just east of Shepherds bush Green. The second man said ‘It doesn’t matter. He knows where to find me at the flat’.
                              This was the last known sighting of Francis Brown..

And interestingly two men together.

Whether those description fit Harold Jones or Mungo Ireland I’m not certain?

Mungo Ireland was from Scotland and known as Jock. There is no mention of a Scottish accent and I must assume Jones would have a welsh accent.

In February 1972 Own Summer re-examined the case and discovered the dead security guard had been working in Scotland at times when at least one of the killings occurred. In fact the police uncovered no evidence, either at his home or premises he visited, to link him to the murdered women.

Mungo Ireland wasn’t working the night Francis Brown disappeared. David Seabrook doesn’t give a satisfactory description of Mungo Ireland (jock) a 45 years old Scot of 132 Tildesley Road Putney. Suicide note:

I can’t stick it any longer. It may be my fault but not all of it. I’m sorry Harry is a burden to you. Give my love to the kid.
                              Farewell, Jock. PS. To save you and the police looking for me I’ll be in the garage.

Mungo was a night security guide. Brian McConnell states Mungo was in the army..if you can find his army records it should reveal something about this man. Brian McConnell also claims he was a police officer at one time?

David Seabrook gives us almost nothing on the subject except the name Mungo Ireland and his address..

Well there it is for now. Hope this has helped given some room for thought.

Pirate

Thanks for number Neil, I'll give you a bell..please read this first as I have a number of questions..Jeff

Comment

• Jack the Stripper

Thanks Jeff. Again, only the police can say who "Harry" was that was referred to in Ireland's suicide note. Seabrook I believe just took pot luck when he identified "Harry" as Mungo's brother. If he knew he was his brother why didn't he know whether he was a cripple or an alchoholic. I'm banking on "Harry" being Harry Stevens.
                                Regards Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X