No announcement yet.

An unsolved int he UK not listed here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An unsolved int he UK not listed here.

Hello to all, I DO have one that has intrigued me for a very long time. I have FEW details but finding out anymore is frustrating to say the least. A murder took place in Kew, Richmond, England some time in 1954. When typing ito the search bar "Unsloved murder kew 1954" A 'decision' notice pops up pretty much straight away. The decision notice is from Kew National Archives and relates to an unamed person who has been trying to access the case details for some time and has been refused, the reasons given are that "This case files contains details of an unsulved murder case dating back to 1954 and there is no statute of limitation on murder" Hence whomever was trying to acess the filies was unable to gain any details either! I DID see a blog by someone a while ago regarding issues still in place on the freedom of information act and a man had commented on there that he had been trying to access the files on the unsolved murder of his 'friend and neighbour' in kew in 1954 with little success (His innitials were R.H) but i seem unable to locate him also.
    It's all very intriguing and has my brain buzzing! I DID have some miscellanious 'info' come my way around 2 yrs ago saying that the incident left one person in hospital for a very long time months in fact and the other person dead and i'm surrently trying to go through all thedaily mirror papers of that year on line to see if it's listed anywhere there. One would assume that it surely would have been reported in the national papers at the time??? I'm sure there must be SOMEONE out there who has learned of the incident through word of mouth in the family as they'd have surely been told growing up that their brother, uncle, whomever had been murdered just as the opposing families side would have been told 'he once killed a man' so i can't help but wonder just why this is so hard to locate? I seem unable to find anything other than the kew decision notice under this unsolved kew murder in 1954 and nothing at all if i type in the 'possible' suspect name. It would be really interesting to know of ANY newspaper cutting of this event and the events that too place that night in 1954. It's certainly worth jumping on i think. Thankyou to you all for taking the time to read my post. Any assistance greatly received.
    Last edited by Inthedark; 02-06-2010, 12:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Kew Murder

there is a book by prof kieth simpson that covers the case its called 40 years of murder

Comment

Working...
    X