Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villisca

Hi all,
    I received a email from the webmaster of the Villisca ax murder house regarding a recent event. The owners are now being criticized for turning the house into carnival. I've talked to Darwin and he doesn't treat it that way.

Here is the Email I received

A letter to the editor appeared in the Villisca Review this week that was written by Robert Moore, Jr., a relative of the Josiah Moore family. In this letter, Mr. Moore accused Darwin and Martha Linn of "turning history into a carnival side show for profit and publicity." According to Mr. Moore, "this publicity has a negative connotation for the city of Villisca."

Mr. Moore's letter was prompted by an event being held this weekend by the investigators from the Paranormal State Television Show that was billed as the "Merry Axmas Event". The event consisted of a historical tour of the house on Saturday and a screening of a documentary in Creston that the Paranormal State guys put together this summer. While the name of the event may not have been appropriate, it was not something that either Darwin or Martha came up with. Their involvement consists allowing the crew access to the house to shoot the documentary film footage and to conduct the tour of the house on Saturday.

As the webmaster for the Villisca house, I am deeply saddened that one event could undo all of the positive things that the house and it's owners have done for our visitors. Sarah's message is that "We can heal and overcome" even a tragedy as horrific as the murders of her and her family. That has always been the message of Villisca and always will be.

Mr. Moore has gotten his information from the media which always seems to focus on the negative and I'm hoping that each of you who have been impacted by a visit to the house or the website will take a moment to share your experience with Mr. Moore and the citizens of Villisca by writing your own letter to the editor.

I'd like to hope that what we've done with the house and website has meant enough to each of our visitors that we can flood the Villisca paper and the Mayor's office with so many other "Letters to the Editor" offering a positive view of what the Linn's have accomplished that they'll have a to run a second edition of the paper.

Please email your letters of support to the following email addresses:

Villisca Review - newspaper@netins.net
    Mayor's office - villcity@netins.net
    Darwin and Martha - dmlinn@frontiernet.net
    Villiscaiowa.com - villiscaweb@cox.net

With your help, we can hopefully turn the tide on this media storm and show the citizens of Villisca and Robert Moore that the house and the memory of his family are treated with respect not only by the Linn's but by each of you who visit.

Thank you in advance for your help!
    Carol

Regards
    Tom
    Last edited by wisfisher; 12-07-2009, 08:26 AM.

Sorry to hear all that.Maybe if the show Ghosthunter with Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, the founders of TAPS, had done a show there, feelings by Mr.Moore might have been different.I'm not sure if GhostHunters-TAPS has been there yet.
    From what I have read on the web at some forums, Paranormal State seems to see demons everywhere,etc.
    I think it is nice that the owners have tried to furnish and maintain the house as in was when the Moore family lived there. And most of the paranormal investigative teams that have been there, didn't seem to have upset the Moore relatives.I hope the home is not going to bar investigators in the future because of the ufortunate name of the program. I wonder what they did besides the event name?

Comment

Working...
    X