No announcement yet.

Most interesting unsolved non-serial killer cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could be wrong but I think I've seen every Unsolved Mysteries program with the exception of the Raymond Burr pilot and perhaps the first of the Karl Malden specials.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The more I think about it, the more I wonder if Picnic at Hanging Rock wasn't inspired by the unsolved Wanda Beach murders which occurred two years before the novel was written. There are some commonalities.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
        I haven't seen it but the synopsis sounds somewhat like the unsolved 1980 Drew-Hack murders in Wisconsin as well.
        A man named Edward Edwards has been arrested in this case so it may not be unsolved much longer.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Edwards' DNA was found on Kelly Drew's clothing which was discovered in another location and well before the remains of the victims.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I see that some are now trying to switch the blame for the Adam Walsh murder off Toole and back on to Dahmer. Somehow, I don't think it's either.

Stan Reid

Comment

2-The Tylenol Poisoner (7) 1982 Illinois
              Actually, this case is in Newton's The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers but they're spree murders in my view.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Another big unsolved sweethearts murder case, along with Drew/Hack, is the Cook/Van Cuylenborg mystery from 1987. Hopefully, progress can be made on that one as well.

Stan Reid

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if Picnic at Hanging Rock wasn't inspired by the unsolved Wanda Beach murders which occurred two years before the novel was written. There are some commonalities.
                  I don't think so.

It seems to have been something personal to Joan Lindsay.

Web Hosting from Just Host. Professional Web hosting services with free domain name, unlimited web hosting space and unlimited bandwidth.

Comment

• I believe Cook/Van Cuylenborg was on UM as well.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Regarding the 1982 Tylenol case, the pattern in these product tampering crimes is to make the murders look random in order to cover the slaying of an intended victim. That's what happened with Christina Edmunds way back in 1871 as well as with Stella Nickell in 1986. I wonder how closely the associates of the victims were checked out.
                      Last edited by sdreid; 05-25-2010, 05:47 AM.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Since I'm from NC....
                        How about The Lost Colony of Roanoke? What was meant when CROATAN was carved by the colonist(s)?
                        Jordan

Comment

Here's my ten list of most interesting non-serial killer unsolved murders followed by number of victims, year and location.

10-The Zip-Gun Bomber (1) 1982 New York
                          9-The Gatton Mystery (3) 1898 Australia
                          8-Shirley Collins Case (1) 1953 Australia
                          7-Evelyn Hartley Case (1) 1953 Wisconsin
                          6-The Hall-Mills Case (2) 1922 New Jersey
                          5-George Storrs Case (1) 1909 England
                          4-Caroline Luard Case (1) 1908 England
                          3-Julia Wallace Case (1) 1931 England
                          2-The Tylenol Poisoner (7) 1982 Illinois
                          1-The Black Dahlia Case (1) 1947 California
                          For those over on the Storrs thread #5.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hello Stan!

A long, long time ago I read about the following murder mystery:

George Colvocoresses, murdered in New York 1872.

At the time I thought it to be a kind-of old school Mafia hit, but probably I was on the wrong track!

Quite recently I read, that he had been an American civil-war hero and this might give a clue to the case.

So, do you know the case and what do you think about it?!

All the best
                            Jukka
                            "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• Hi Stan Have you heard of the Beaumont Case?

Comment

• Hello Belinda!

A very interesting case!

All the best
                                Jukka
                                "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Working...
                                X