Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi

I just hope and pray that this forgotten little one is alive somewhere and being looked after better than her neglectful, in your face, parents. Hard to believe it's 12 months since she went missing.
    Last edited by jimarilyn; 05-03-2008, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• Harsh words

I to hope that wherever Maddy is that she is not suffering, but I think that you are being too harsh on the parents.
      Yes, they left their child alone but in no way did they know that some creep may have been watching them with the intention of taking their daughter away, to do I don't know what.
      The parents will suffer (and have suffered) the worst fate: not knowing where your child is, who she is with, and what is the person(s) are doing to her. The thoughts going through their heads must be agonising. To say that they don't appear to care is maybe because they are sick being put under the spotlight of accusation.
      Maybe this will never be solved but maybe it will.

Comment

• Last night, BBC News and Sky News announced that a fresh search of a local reservoir has been called off.

The reservoir is about 20 miles away from were the family were staying and an underworld figure tipped of the Metado 3 last year.

The Portugese Police were not intrested so a lawyer financed a search which did not find anything intresting.

Over the the last week the same lawyer paid over £3000 for a fresh search.
        They found a bag of bones, which turned out to be animal bones,
        Some kids clothes,
        Some rope!

They called the search off due to poor visibility as the bottom of the reservoir has a layer of thick mud and sediment, and teams were having to search by touch!

I hope she is alive and being looked after.
        Regards Mike

Comment

• There is nothing good or positive about this story.

--J.D.

Comment

• There rarely is when a child goes missing.
            Regards Mike

Comment

• Wow, Almost forgot, it is 1 year today that poor Maddie vanished!

BBC Reports
              BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

SKY News
              Sky News delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.

SKY News, Murat Leaves Praia For Anniversary
              Sky News delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.
              Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                The reservoir is about 20 miles away from were the family were staying and an underworld figure tipped of the Metado 3 last year.
                Metodo 3. Those clowns hired by McCans are called Metodo 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Witch View Post
                  Metodo 3. Those clowns hired by McCans are called Metodo 3.
                  Thanks Witch for pointing my error out, I had a late night last night after recording a radio show so I have only had about 5 hours sleep.

My son woke up in the early hours and demanded to know where Mother Nature had hid the sun!
                  Regards Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                    My son woke up in the early hours and demanded to know where Mother Nature had hid the sun!
                    Awesome!

--J.D.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor X View Post
                      Awesome!
                      Reminds me of one occasion when I travelled through Wiltshire on a train. Pointing at a group of cooling-towers that were belching steam, a young child of about 4 or 5 excitedly exclaimed: "Oh look, Daddy - it's a cloud factory!"
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Kids are full of funny little quotes, my boy once said to me,

"I love you, I love Mummy, I love my sister and I love myself!"

I like the idea of a cloud factory
                        Regards Mike

Comment

• It seems as if there is much more to this case than had previously been supposed. Previously undisclosed suspects and witnesses have come to light after the files were handed over following the closure of the case.

Most people agree that these small children should never have been left alone. I think that the Portguguese police found it so difficult to accept that this was an abduction because they could not comprehend such a thing happening (parents leaving tiny children alone) and therefore concluded that the parents, or someone they knew, were involved. In my opinion, this initially coloured the whole direction and nature of the investigation.

Now it seems as though there were two early suspects and a crucial witness of which the parents and public were unaware. Would the outcome of the investigation have been different if people were alerted to these early suspects?

Comment

• What the!!

Investigators for Kate and Gerry McCann are probing claims that a girl calling herself "Maddy" was seen in the Netherlands after their child vanished.

The information, reported to Portuguese police in June last year, has only now been made public with the release of previously secret police files.

An Amsterdam shop worker said the girl said "they took me from my holiday".

The McCanns spokesman Clarence Mitchell said it was "tragic" that this kind of evidence has only now been issued.

Madeleine vanished, aged three, in May 2007 while on holiday in the Algarve.

The McCanns, both 40 and from Rothley, Leicestershire, have accused detectives of withholding potentially crucial evidence from them after the release of the official documents.

According to one file, Anna Stam, 41, a shop assistant, said she spoke to a girl aged three or four in Amsterdam who resembled Madeleine and said her name was "Maddy".

In reply to a question about her mother, the girl is said to have remarked: "They took me from my holiday."

A report was sent to Portugal on 18 June last year but it is not clear from the files what action was taken.

Mr Mitchell said: "It is harrowing to hear a child saying that. If it was Madeleine, it was a disgrace that it was not passed on.

"We need to know what happened with this. This is exactly the sort of primary information that we need to know if it was followed up properly by the police.

"If that hasn't been done, that is exactly the kind of information that the private investigators are going to follow up."

The Portuguese police inquiry into the girl's disappearance was wound up last month.

The McCanns and a third British national, Robert Murat - who have always strongly denied having had any involvement in what happened to Madeleine - were declared to no longer be formal suspects.

Among the new files released was a prosecutor's report that said the investigation had uncovered "very little" conclusive about Madeleine's fate.

There were also CCTV images showing a small child said to resemble Madeleine at an Algarve petrol station the day after she disappeared that the McCanns had not seen before.

Several other reported sightings across Europe have been examined by local authorities or the investigators working for the McCanns in the past but all came to nothing.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7544384.stm
                            Regards Mike

Comment

• More red herrings than Sainsbury's.

Hi Mike,
                              I think we really have to take all this new stuff with a pinch of salt.
                              Firstly,this new video....for me the child is older than three.I think she has longer hair than Maddie in the pictures we saw taken just before she "went" aswell....and I chose my word carefully there...
                              Look at it this way,if a child had said that to you,and it had not become big news,and you felt it important..would you not have contacted the overseas press who were massed on Portugal and not hard to find at the time,contacted a news agency or indeed the McCanns themselves.
                              Don't make sense for me.Yet another non-starter.
                              How many of these are the McCann circus going to trot out over the next few months?
                              You and I both know there was something wrong with what occurred over there in Portugal,and you said that you would have stayed,like I would, and torn Portugal apart.We both would not have run home after we were questioned.Infact,and I think you will agree,we are both the sort of people,who would rather be suspects and remain,to fight another day in Portugal,than run when things beome uncomfortable for you.
                              Clarence Mitchell talks the most amazing amount of crap,just off the top of his head,in interviews than i've heard in ages...with a smile on his face aswell.
                              He said yesterday,when asked why Kate didn't answer all the questions when the McCanns had vowed to help as much as they could.He said that she had been advised not to do so by her solicitor,as the question could lead her into more trouble,or words to that effect.And you always do what your solicitor adivses.Oh yeah,listen,I wouldn't have cared what personal trouble I would have been exposed to,I would have considered it my duty to my child to answer,just incase I had fergotten something that might come out during my thoughts to raised points asked.If you have nothing to hide,you have nothing to hide,and that shows.
                              Perhaps,now that the dust has settled,she would care to give all of us her answers.......but as far as I know they are still suspects...and quite rightly so....let us bear this in mind people...they are the only two people on this earth..unless they have confided in others...that TRULY know what went on in that room.
                              Something in incorrect with this case,there's no doubt about that,a feeling many of us,who consider crime on a daily basis,just had a gut feeling about.
                              ANNA.

Comment

• Reported Sighting in Amsterdam

I am always wary of people saying that they saw Madeline but the Portuguese police did nothing about it. For example in the recent case of the Amsterdam sighting you would expect the initial report to be made to the Dutch police. If they investigated this sighting, concluded there was nothing to it then it is hardly surprising that the Portuguese police did not take any further action. It is very noticeable that we have not heard from the Dutch police on this matter. If they have no record of this sighting being made to them, I think we have to ask ‘Why?’

Comment

Working...
                                X