Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who To Believe?

Caz,

I agree with you, this hasn't helped their case at all. I find it interesting that just when everyone had thought the dust had settled, the police are pursuing their enquiries once again. The first thing that came to my mind was they were lulling them into a false sense of security.

Comment

I am dumbfounded. That VERY MORNING, Madeleine asks her parents why they're leaving her alone to cry and not coming to get her, and they do the very same thing that night?

Okay, I've wavered back in forth but it's official: the McCanns are not merely stupid, bad parents. They are evil, vicious, heartless and selfish bad parents. Whether they were directly involved in her disappearance or not. That just goes one step beyond.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
        I am dumbfounded. That VERY MORNING, Madeleine asks her parents why they're leaving her alone to cry and not coming to get her, and they do the very same thing that night?

Okay, I've wavered back in forth but it's official: the McCanns are not merely stupid, bad parents. They are evil, vicious, heartless and selfish bad parents. Whether they were directly involved in her disappearance or not. That just goes one step beyond.
        As a daddy, when the wife is at work and I am home alone with my bambinos they never leave the room, if they need to do a "Doodoo" I go with them, if I need to take a "Doodoo" they come with me!
        If we go for a wander to park to feed the ducks they stay with me, either holding my hand or onto the pram!
        Leaving a child alone for one second is dangerous, leaving them to go for a drink, no matter how far away is plain stupid!

Right, Doodoo time!
        Regards Mike

Comment

Maria.. This couple gave the excuse that they could not remain in Portugal because they did not have the funds to do so.My point was that whatever your status,you would turn your hand at anything to stay there if you were really determined to do so.Why would he want to scrub tables in Portugal when he is a qualified surgeon at a hospital in Britain.....basically,because status has nothing to do with being a desperate parent. A fact that has been put to you before,and that YOU fail to take on board.Ally is completely correct in what she posts,and so is Bob, who incidentally has picked up on something I posted a while back,and that is, that the Portuguese police have played clever,and lulled the McCanns into a false sense of security... Maria...a line..like comparing pears to advocado pears....status again Maria.. Celesta has picked you up on this point a number of times...it has nothing at all to do with being a good parent, unless you look at it from the angle Celesta highlights it from...in that it makes you less responsible rather than more,of course. My last point is what has been revealed today...and answered by Clarence on national tv today...the McCanns had left their children the previous night aswell..a fact we all knew,which he tries to dismiss as perfectly acceptable,because they were checking on their children...that is not ok at all,he looked uncomfortable discussing it,because he obviously feels it's not ok himself,but of course is paid by the McCanns to defend every action they have taken.

Comment

By the way, are you still on about the McCanns winning over the newspapers.....oh, yawn....another fact you wheel out to try for some reason to excuse a moron couple even you should by now be sensing are starting to be on shaky ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

Ally, although I do not agree with all of your comments in your second paragraph, I must say that this new revelation has disappointed me greatly. I was never in favour of the McCann's leaving their children alone, but have tended to attribute their behaviour to a single foolish error. However, if Madeleine revealed that she and her siblings had been crying and they were distressed because neither mummy or daddy came to comfort them, and the McCanns repeated this behaviour despite their daughter's pleas, then it throws a whole new light on the case for me.

It makes me wonder if Maddy and/or the twins awoke distressed and Maddy decided to go and look for her parents. She could have been snatched outside the appartment or wandered into the sea.

Comment

Hi Maria,

Are you accusing Clarence Mitchell, the McCanns' spokesman, of spouting baseless rubbish? He admitted on GMTV that Madeleine had asked "Mummy, why didn't you come when we were crying?" on the very day of her disappearance.

He said her parents were "puzzled" by the question because nobody had heard any crying, and they decided they had better check the kids more regularly that evening. He also said that the McCanns suspected the person who took Madeleine could have been lurking that night as well and caused the children to wake up and become frightened, explaining why they were crying.

That is as good as admitting that for two nights in a row they left their three infants at the mercy of a child abductor, totally ignoring the danger signs being given them by their own daughter. It also completely destroys my previous assumption that the parents felt okay about leaving the children alone because they were sound sleepers.

Perhaps that's why the twins slept so deeply the night Madeleine went missing - they may have been thoroughly tired out from having cried themselves to sleep the night before because mum and dad never came in to them. Being that much older, Madeleine may have reacted the opposite way and found it harder to sleep.

One wonders what else will emerge.

Love,

Caz
                X
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Another Development

I notice this morning that the McCanns who previously stated they would return to Portugal at any time and fully co-operate with the authorities there, are now threatening to refuse to return.

Rather like the statement they made before.

"We will stay in Portugal until this matter is settled"

"Excuse me the police want to interview you again"

"Pack the bags we're outta here"

Comment

Illusions Shattered

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                    I must say that this new revelation has disappointed me greatly. I was never in favour of the McCann's leaving their children alone, but have tended to attribute their behaviour to a single foolish error. .
                    But Limehouse it was stated on these boards many, many times that the McCanns routinely left their children alone. Don't forget after Madeline vanished they were still off loading the twins into the creche every day, until they were asked not to do so by the complex.

Luckily I have never suffered anything as horrendous as having my child vanish, but I should imagine that if that had ever happened my remaining children could look forward to a life of being chained to me for ever.

Comment

• Hi Bob,

It may have been stated on these boards many times that the McCanns routinely left their children alone during the holiday but that does not make it a fact.

It has also been stated on the boards that the McCanns are responsible for the death of their child but that has yet to be proven.

However, it looks probable that Madeleine and her sibling twins were crying for a mummy and daddy who never came and in light of subsequent events, that thought haunts me. It must surely haunt her parents too.

Comment

• I will say it again...

...if the McCanns were in the US and did this, they would probably be in jail now. Even if some type of "deal" were made, and they were put on probation, their remaining children would NOT be living with them.

I don't think Kate McCann ever wanted children, or even likes them, her own, or anyone else's. I think she had them because she felt she had to to stay in her marriage.

I think both McCanns are the most uncaring self-centered people I have ever seen, anywhere. I wouldn't trust them with a gerbil, let alone a human being. Period.
                        Cheers,
                        cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

• Hi Limehouse, you come accross as a very caring person.We are all saddened by what happened to Maddie.When Bob says" on these boards",he does not mean that it was our speculation, but a fact that we knew to be correct. Spot on posts,once again Bob.Good old fashioned police tactics of let go and observe may yet provide the answer.

Comment

• a very caring parent returns to the thread......

Hi ya Caps.... Exactly right,the fact that they STILL have the twins beggers belief, and the fact that they STILL haven't been charged with child neglect also....but as Maria points out,he is a cardiologist,paid lots by us to achieve that position in life...and is ,of course,needed back in the UK to continue his duties.....what a load of rubbish.....they've used yet another excuse to side step the situation.It is that sort of attitude and the delusion that status rises above all else,that has got this couple into the pickle they're in now.

Comment

• Limehouse:

It was also reported that a man took a little girl under a blancket. In previous similar cases, the abductor has used chloroform on the face of a child to stop them screaming.

There was an identical case in Britain which was done exactly like that, but in that other case where chloroform was used, the police quickly found the culprit when they did a house to house search, finding the child at a neighbour´s house. This is because the police moved quickly and not in the incompetent way it was handled by the Portuguese police who did not even closed the borders ! So Madeleine could have easily been smuggled by car to Spain or Morocco where white, blond, blue eyed girls are sold.

- Maria
                              Last edited by Maria; 04-13-2008, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• Hi Maria, It was most impressive how you managed to spot the signs that Shannon Matthews mother had something to do with what happened to her,well done for that! You have now raised two points that are very interesting. Firstly,the man carrying the child away in a blanket.We did work out that if Jane Tanner had infact been where she said she was she would have bumped into Gerry McCann on the way.But it does raise the question of how friendly were their friends. If I had seen a man carrying away a child I thought might belong to my friend, I would have gone straight to the room to check Maddie was there,before doing anything else.Her child had been left alone by this stage when ill,so a few minutes more would not have mattered.She then sat with her child for the rest of the evening,in a room where the wall she was sitting next to was between her own and the McCanns apartment,(according to an interview with Clarence Mitchell this week),and supposedly listening in for any sounds coming from it.The other friend just listens but doesn't bother to go in to check on the children.If that were me, I would certainly have reacted differently,after all,I would expect them to check on my child properly,so would do them the common courtesy of doing the same for theirs.
                                Another point is this,it's all very well having the idea that she could be stolen to be sold,chloroformed etc.. one fact remains and that is,how would she react when she woke up and saw them?Anyone left in charge of a three year old that wants mummy and daddy and not you,then has a temper tantrum etc knows this is a nightmare situation, if only for a short while.Can you imagine this on a daily basis.Which is why,when most kids go missing,someone they already know is to blame.Kids kick,scream and bite,run away when you turn your back for a moment,hide....all sorts of things would come into play here.

Comment

Working...
                                X