Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by louisa View Post
    Probably both.

They were all doctors weren't they? They have a tendency to close ranks when one of their own is under fire.

At one point during the investigations the British police told the press they were going to seize the cell phones and computers from the people who were present that night. By all accounts A LOT of phone calls were made that night between the couples.

Unfortunately none of this ever happened. At this time the British public were on the side of the McCanns and thought they were being victimized, and in the end the police left them alone.

The McCanns managed to gag anyone who spoke out against them. They managed to get a ban on Amaral's book getting published in the UK.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?
    Im not sure it's a right anywhere if it is found to cross certain lines (which vary by location).
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      agree, as Ive said many times-who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
      In Kate McCann's book 'Madeleine' doesn't she make some disturbing comment about Maddie's "little vagina being hurt"? Who talks that way about their three year old [missing] daughter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        In Kate McCann's book 'Madeleine' doesn't she make some disturbing comment about Maddie's "little vagina being hurt"? Who talks that way about their three year old [missing] daughter?
        Guilty and twisted losers, that's who.

Comment

Surely that quote suggests one or both parents are paedophile's?

Comment

• I would never want to read a book written by people who are probably guilty of the crime. It's putting money in their hands.

It would be the same as reading an autobiography - just too self-serving. And the author isn't going to say anything detrimental about themselves are they? We're going to hear things the way they WANT us to hear them.

The Ramseys wrote a couple of books too, which should also be filed under 'fiction'.

If I wanted to read fairy stories I would buy Cinderella.

And I agree that a parent should NOT be referring to her 3 year old daughter's vagina.
            This is simply my opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
              Surely that quote suggests one or both parents are paedophile's?
              I've managed to find the context and wording of the quote:

"I asked Gerry apprehensively if he'd had any really horrible thoughts or visions of Madeleine. He nodded. Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her body, her perfect little genitals torn apart."

Interestingly, the Daily Express published this extract from the book but conveniently omitted the line about her genitals: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/245...less-bad-dream

Comment

I've managed to find the context and wording of the quote:

"I asked Gerry apprehensively if he'd had any really horrible thoughts or visions of Madeleine. He nodded. Haltingly, I told him about the awful pictures that scrolled through my head of her body, her perfect little genitals torn apart."

Interestingly, the Daily Express published this extract from the book but conveniently omitted the line about her genitals: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/245...less-bad-dream
                The mother said that?!?! Pedophile.

Comment

And I agree that a parent should NOT be referring to her 3 year old daughter's vagina.
                  Indeed Especially as a 'vagina' it's a bit too clinical and seems to distance them from their daughter.... floof, Mary, nipsy etc maybe but not 'vagina.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
                    Indeed Especially as a 'vagina' it's a bit too clinical and seems to distance them from their daughter.... floof, Mary, nipsy etc maybe but not 'vagina.'
                    well I think calling it whatever is not the point. its that she referenced it at all in the context of thinking about it. nobody gets that specific when talking about their dead/missing child or loved one in the context of sexual abuse.

ive seen hundreds of interviews, books etc. and the closest anyone gets is I hope she didn't suffer etc etc.

shes a sick ****.

Comment

well I think calling it whatever is not the point. its that she referenced it at all in the context of thinking about it. nobody gets that specific when talking about their dead/missing child or loved one in the context of sexual abuse.

ive seen hundreds of interviews, books etc. and the closest anyone gets is I hope she didn't suffer etc etc.

shes a sick ****.

I'm no psychologist but I would agree with that.

Comment

The mother said that?!?! Pedophile.
                        I'm sure that a similar thought goes through every parent's mind whose small child has been abducted, but phrasing it like that is just... bizarre, if not downright disturbing. You can't even pin it on an errant ghost writer, as these were Kate McCann's own words.

Comment

I'm sure that a similar thought goes through every parent's mind whose small child has been abducted, but phrasing it like that is just... bizarre, if not downright disturbing. You can't even pin it on an errant ghost writer, as these were Kate McCann's own words.
                          well maybe a similar thought, but thinking specifically what her daughters vagina would look like?!? NO.

if it was my daughter, I would worry, like most normal parents, that she didn't suffer and or was tortured/abused. Not something that detailed and specific.

so she's thinking about what her daughters abused vagina would look like and then saying it, in very specific graphic manner. so two red flags.

sick and sicker. shudders.

Comment

well maybe a similar thought, but thinking specifically what her daughters vagina would look like?!? NO.

if it was my daughter, I would worry, like most normal parents, that she didn't suffer and or was tortured/abused. Not something that detailed and specific.

so she's thinking about what her daughters abused vagina would look like and then saying it, in very specific graphic manner. so two red flags.

sick and sicker. shudders.
                            Yeah it looks as though one or both parents were/are child abusers and quite possibly paedophile's.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                              Yeah it looks as though one or both parents were/are child abusers and quite possibly paedophile's.
                              Well I'm not sure we can jump to that conclusion from this simple quote.

I have to say that it sounds like a very strange thing for a parent to say but some parents ARE strange, without being paedophiles.

These two were doctors and may have thought nothing of talking about vaginas, etc.

Comment

Well I'm not sure we can jump to that conclusion from this simple quote.

I have to say that it sounds like a very strange thing for a parent to say but some parents ARE strange, without being paedophiles.

These two were doctors and may have thought nothing of talking about vaginas, etc.
                                True but at best there highly irresponsible.

Comment

Working...
                                X