No announcement yet.

Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The parents are either directly or indirectly responsible either way for their daughters disappearance. and no matter how you look at it they suck.

I think its 50/50 at this point between abduction or the parents had something to do with it.

No doubt they are 100% responsible though.

Comment

• Originally posted by caz View Post
      One question that sticks in my mind is why the McCanns chose not to take advantage of the baby monitoring service offered while dining at the Tapas restaurant each evening, which had been block booked in advance for them and their friends. This service was apparently free of charge and would have saved all the trouble of interrupting their meals to check the children weren't crying.

Love,

Caz
      X
      Hi Caz,

Found this article written by a reporter who had stayed in the resort at about the time of Madeleine's disappearance and it explains the various child minding options available. http://blogs.thisismoney.co.uk/2007/...erience_o.html

Comment

• All this talk that the McCanns themselves had something to do with Madeleine's disappearance is disturbing. The latest theory seems to be that the little girl was abducted by a gang of three men who were carrying out a bungled burglary of the apartments. Bungled in what way? Apparently those apartments had been burgled plenty of times in the past. But why should a three year-old child be taken away by inept burglars at this particular time? To what end? Can't quite get my head around this. Why should a bunch of petty crooks take away a small child because they made a mess of burgling the apartment she was sleeping in? It does make one wonder if there is something in this case which remains buried.

Graham
        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• I just don't believe a theory of burglars taking a child of that age or harming her. If she and her siblings had started screaming or making a row burglars would have just nicked off in search of easier pickings IMO. What possible accurate description could a three year old have come up with to assist the police in investigating a burglary?

Maddie's abduction in my opinion was probably conducted by a lone male paedophile who had been hanging around the vicinity of the hotel, had noticed the pretty little girl and noted she and their parents going back to their apartment. I think he was an opportunist who took a chance that paid off for him. Unfortunately, my belief is that Maddie died shortly after being taken.

While I don't think the McCanns had anything directly to do with Maddie's fate I certainly believe that leaving three little ones at night as they did was both extremely reckless and reprehensible.

Comment

• The parents have only got themselves to blame. Sadly I think its likely Maddy is dead. If not she'll have been subjected to years of abuse from a paedophile or a group of paedophiles which doesn't bare thinking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spitfire View Post
              Hi Caz,

Found this article written by a reporter who had stayed in the resort at about the time of Madeleine's disappearance and it explains the various child minding options available. http://blogs.thisismoney.co.uk/2007/...erience_o.html
              Cheers Spitfire. That article rings a bell now, and I can see how it might have been a pain taking three small children to that other location and picking them up again after a good night out. But there is little excuse for not coughing up for a babysitter in their apartment.

I am very uneasy about the whole 'abduction' presumption. This is the only road the McCanns were prepared to go down, or prepared to let others go down, despite the fact that there was no evidence of a break-in, or the window being opened for the purpose of escape. The patio doors were left unlocked, so just as an intruder would have got in and out without needing to squeeze through a window carrying a presumably sleeping child, that child could have woken up and become distressed at being left alone with the younger twins, and walked out through the unlocked doors to look for her mum and dad. This would have been my first thought had the unthinkable happened to my daughter on one of our holidays abroad, and I would have frantically searched the immediate grounds to try and find her before anything worse could happen. Yet this scenario doesn't seem to have been considered a possibility, let alone more likely than an intruder who walks in through a door but thinks of climbing out through a window that would have been too small!

Does anyone know if Kate McCann join in the initial physical search?

Love,

Caz
              X
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• People need to dig deeper into the McCanns and the company they kept in Portugal.

Comment

• Hi Harry,

It seems the deeper one digs, the more the whole thing stinks to high heaven. So many questions yet to be answered; so many questions that have no answers.

What can be made, for example, of the following statement by Madeleine's own father in a tv interview back in August 2007, not four months after she went missing:

"In fact, one of the slight positives in all of this is that there is so much rumour about what did and didn't happen, it's actually very difficult, if you're reading the newspapers, watching TV, to know what is true and what's not."

How in the name of sanity was that a 'positive', except for whoever knew the truth and wanted the waters to become so muddied that it would disappear along with Madeleine? And if that was 'one of the' positives, what were the others?

Love,

Caz
                  X

Comment

Hi Harry,

It seems the deeper one digs, the more the whole thing stinks to high heaven. So many questions yet to be answered; so many questions that have no answers.

What can be made, for example, of the following statement by Madeleine's own father in a tv interview back in August 2007, not four months after she went missing:

"In fact, one of the slight positives in all of this is that there is so much rumour about what did and didn't happen, it's actually very difficult, if you're reading the newspapers, watching TV, to know what is true and what's not."

How in the name of sanity was that a 'positive', except for whoever knew the truth and wanted the waters to become so muddied that it would disappear along with Madeleine? And if that was 'one of the' positives, what were the others?

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    Hi Caz
                    The parents are morons in so many ways it actually makes me mad. Grrrrrr!!!
                    Didn't the mother go for a jog the day or day after she disappeared?

Id throw her ass in jail just for that if I could.

Comment

• Hi Abby,

Infinitely worse for the parents, assuming they had nothing to hide, was the fact that no DNA from Madeleine could be harvested from their holiday apartment in the immediate aftermath of her disappearance. Gerry later flew home to fetch one of her pillows, and when he returned with this to Portugal he was also able to miraculously produce the 'last photo' of Madeleine, said to be taken just a few hours before she went missing. This would have made it the ideal photo to show everyone searching for their little girl, yet oddly the photo the McCanns first handed over was an old one, taken when she was considerably younger. They later handed over their holiday snaps, minus the so-called 'last photo', claiming there were no further pictures of Madeleine, which was shown to be untrue when Gerry finally handed this one over.

The DNA issue is equally odd. If the pillow at home could produce enough for a profile, why not any of the apartment bedding, her clothing, or Cuddle Cat, the soft toy she supposedly never slept without? There was an explanation for this one, as Kate McCann admitted to washing it, claiming it had sun tan lotion on it. Odder still is the explanation for no toothbrush being available for profiling. Apparently Madeleine and her younger sister shared a toothbrush.

Some have tried to explain this initial inability to produce anything with her DNA on it, by suggesting everything used or worn by Madeleine was thoroughly washed or cleaned or disposed of before the alarm was raised. But that would have taken time, which has made others question how many nights Madeleine had actually slept in that apartment since their arrival on the Saturday. The least damaging scenario for the parents - abduction by an intruder on the evening of Thursday May 3rd - was only ever an option if they 'owned up' to giving an intruder the means and opportunity and could demonstrate how they had done so. All the while they were condemned for being absent and having fun when someone snatched their daughter, that was a whole lot better than any of the alternatives. So was the accusation of being absent parents considered another of Gerry's 'slight positives'?

The witness testimony for Madeleine being in bed asleep at any time on the evening of Thursday May 3rd was so riddled with inconsistencies from all concerned, not to mention the whiff of damage limitation, that the McCanns and their holiday companions can hardly wonder at the myriad questions that have lingered ever since.

Love,

Caz
                      X
                      Last edited by caz; 05-06-2016, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Hi Abby,

Infinitely worse for the parents, assuming they had nothing to hide, was the fact that no DNA from Madeleine could be harvested from their holiday apartment in the immediate aftermath of her disappearance. Gerry later flew home to fetch one of her pillows, and when he returned with this to Portugal he was also able to miraculously produce the 'last photo' of Madeleine, said to be taken just a few hours before she went missing. This would have made it the ideal photo to show everyone searching for their little girl, yet oddly the photo the McCanns first handed over was an old one, taken when she was considerably younger. They later handed over their holiday snaps, minus the so-called 'last photo', claiming there were no further pictures of Madeleine, which was shown to be untrue when Gerry finally handed this one over.

The DNA issue is equally odd. If the pillow at home could produce enough for a profile, why not any of the apartment bedding, her clothing, or Cuddle Cat, the soft toy she supposedly never slept without? There was an explanation for this one, as Kate McCann admitted to washing it, claiming it had sun tan lotion on it. Odder still is the explanation for no toothbrush being available for profiling. Apparently Madeleine and her younger sister shared a toothbrush.

Some have tried to explain this initial inability to produce anything with her DNA on it, by suggesting everything used or worn by Madeleine was thoroughly washed or cleaned or disposed of before the alarm was raised. But that would have taken time, which has made others question how many nights Madeleine had actually slept in that apartment since their arrival on the Saturday. The least damaging scenario for the parents - abduction by an intruder on the evening of Thursday May 3rd - was only ever an option if they 'owned up' to giving an intruder the means and opportunity and could demonstrate how they had done so. All the while they were condemned for being absent and having fun when someone snatched their daughter, that was a whole lot better than any of the alternatives. So was the accusation of being absent parents considered another of Gerry's 'slight positives'?

The witness testimony for Madeleine being in bed asleep at any time on the evening of Thursday May 3rd was so riddled with inconsistencies from all concerned, not to mention the whiff of damage limitation, that the McCanns and their holiday companions can hardly wonder at the myriad questions that have lingered ever since.

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        Hi Caz
                        Thanks!!!
                        I think you are suggesting that something happened to her before the fateful dinner? But didn't the friends they were with at dinner say they took turns checking in on the kids? So either she was still there at some point during the dinner or the friends were in on it-ie something happening to her before the dinner?

Comment

• It's sometimes hard to take in all that is wrong with this story as we seem to have been fed tit bits all the while.

The parents are guilty of something for sure. I used to side with the theory they had gave the kids sleeping pills to knock them out so they could dine in peace and poor Maddie did not wake up so the parents got rid of the body. We have heard the dogs picked up the scent of a dead body in the room and hire car etc.

Maybe this case will be spoke about for decades to come. The whole thing stinks though and the parents should have been locked up ages ago...

Comment

• Originally posted by Geddy2112 View Post
                            It's sometimes hard to take in all that is wrong with this story as we seem to have been fed tit bits all the while.

The parents are guilty of something for sure. I used to side with the theory they had gave the kids sleeping pills to knock them out so they could dine in peace and poor Maddie did not wake up so the parents got rid of the body. We have heard the dogs picked up the scent of a dead body in the room and hire car etc.

Maybe this case will be spoke about for decades to come. The whole thing stinks though and the parents should have been locked up ages ago...
                            But what should they have been charged with?
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                              But what should they have been charged with?
                              Being idiots for starters. Child neglect but I'm sure it should be worse than that. Maybe one day the truth will come out but I doubt it. Working class folk would have been locked up ages ago.

Comment

• It wouldn't have to be sleeping pills, even, Geddy. Here are a few stories of overdoses of cold medicine and cough syrup killing young children:

That 2002 case actually led to more clearly marked labeling and stronger warnings on adult cough syrup packages.

Kimber Michelle Brown was spending the night with her grandmother and had two and half times the dosage in her system.

Grandma was looking after the little girl in that case.

So it could have been very unintentional, and might explain why people checking on the children thought all three were really sleeping.
                                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                                ---------------
                                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                                ---------------

Comment

Working...
                                X