No announcement yet.

Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking as an unemployed man, who lives on a council estate, I quite agree that anyone in the McCann's position who lived on a council estate would be in jail by now.

Having said that, the fact that they are doctors and by definition middle-class, doesn't mean they're guilty of anything other than the most gross naivety in leaving their children unattended.

There has been a sense of "If they were unemployed......" etc, growing in popularity over the years. This however, I find to be a moot point. They are what they are and God knows, I wouldn't wish what's happened to them on another living soul.

Presuming they are simply victims and that remains my stand point, I simply pray that somehow, some way, Scotland Yard or whomever can find a way to get this solved and please God, bring Madeline home.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'veBeenToMitreSquare View Post
      Speaking as an unemployed man, who lives on a council estate, I quite agree that anyone in the McCann's position who lived on a council estate would be in jail by now.

Having said that, the fact that they are doctors and by definition middle-class, doesn't mean they're guilty of anything other than the most gross naivety in leaving their children unattended.

There has been a sense of "If they were unemployed......" etc, growing in popularity over the years. This however, I find to be a moot point. They are what they are and God knows, I wouldn't wish what's happened to them on another living soul.

Presuming they are simply victims and that remains my stand point, I simply pray that somehow, some way, Scotland Yard or whomever can find a way to get this solved and please God, bring Madeline home.
      Feeding your young children sleeping pills and leaving them unattended is a crime. I have no sympathy for the parents. They either killed her or allowed her to be abducted, probably the former. Screw them.

Comment

• I'm not going to point the finger at who I think was responsible for her disappearance but the McCann's drugging their daughter (who they admit was sick at the time) with sedatives is a highly questionable action in itself. I'm not necessarily saying there was foul play on their side in the disappearance of Madeleine, just that one cannot help but notice there's a rather pungent stink that refuses to go away about the whole case. It reeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by El White Chap View Post
          I'm not going to point the finger at who I think was responsible for her disappearance but the McCann's drugging their daughter (who they admit was sick at the time) with sedatives is a highly questionable action in itself. I'm not necessarily saying there was foul play on their side in the disappearance of Madeleine, just that one cannot help but notice there's a rather pungent stink that refuses to go away about the whole case. It reeks.
          I tend to agree, something not right about at the time and still the same now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
            Feeding your young children sleeping pills and leaving them unattended is a crime. I have no sympathy for the parents. They either killed her or allowed her to be abducted, probably the former. Screw them.
            Well, quite. I haven't seen anything to say the children were sedated. Apparently some of you have. My point is that, if that were the case and she was sedated, isn't so long without their child punishment enough?

It may indeed be, that there is more than meets the eye to all of this of course. If that's the case, the police will figure it out soon enough. My own viewpoint is simply that she was abducted, by someone unknown to the McCanns.

Whatever happened, I simply pray that one day, very soon, Madeleine will be found alive and well.

Comment

Well, quite. I haven't seen anything to say the children were sedated. Apparently some of you have. My point is that, if that were the case and she was sedated, isn't so long without their child punishment enough?

It may indeed be, that there is more than meets the eye to all of this of course. If that's the case, the police will figure it out soon enough. My own viewpoint is simply that she was abducted, by someone unknown to the McCanns.

Whatever happened, I simply pray that one day, very soon, Madeleine will be found alive and well.
              Hi mitre
              Well of course, my thoughts too, but unfortunately I wouldn't count on it.

And sorry, but I don't feel the same sense of sympathy for the parents that you do. My sympathy is with the little girl who is either dead or in a living hell right now.

Even if she was abducted IMHO the parents are almost as much to blame as if they accidentally overdosed her with sleeping pills.

They are in a foreign country, in a hotel room that any idiot could see within five minutes of being there is the most unsecure place with easy access from the streets and general public, leave their three children ALL UNDER THE AGE OF FOUR unattended(even though the hotel could provide child care), leave their sliding glass doors unlocked, and go out for the evening.

I mean how stupid, irresponsible and selfish can you be?
              And they are doctors!?!?? I would strip them both of there medical licenses, prosecute for child endangerment/gross negligence, and seriously consider taking the other kids away from them.

I too pray for her, but not her parents.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                Hi mitre
                Well of course, my thoughts too, but unfortunately I wouldn't count on it.

And sorry, but I don't feel the same sense of sympathy for the parents that you do. My sympathy is with the little girl who is either dead or in a living hell right now.

Even if she was abducted IMHO the parents are almost as much to blame as if they accidentally overdosed her with sleeping pills.

They are in a foreign country, in a hotel room that any idiot could see within five minutes of being there is the most unsecure place with easy access from the streets and general public, leave their three children ALL UNDER THE AGE OF FOUR unattended(even though the hotel could provide child care), leave their sliding glass doors unlocked, and go out for the evening.

I mean how stupid, irresponsible and selfish can you be?
                And they are doctors!?!?? I would strip them both of there medical licenses, prosecute for child endangerment/gross negligence, and seriously consider taking the other kids away from them.

I too pray for her, but not her parents.
                The actions of the parents in this case has always concerned me.

As a parent myself I could not comprehend leaving children that age unattended.

You just don't do it, unless.......

Nick

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Spring View Post
                  The actions of the parents in this case has always concerned me.

As a parent myself I could not comprehend leaving children that age unattended.

You just don't do it, unless.......

Nick

Unless what?

Don't forget that there were three other couples dining that night, and on previous nights, with the McCanns and who had left a total of five children unattended in the apartment block. Why do these couples escape censure?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beaufighter View Post
                    Unless what?

Don't forget that there were three other couples dining that night, and on previous nights, with the McCanns and who had left a total of five children unattended in the apartment block. Why do these couples escape censure?
                    yes they should be mentioned.

I just think the reaction of the McCanns was slightly odd over all of this.

Nick

Comment

• I think it's hard to judge the reaction of the McCanns fairly unless you knew them personally. Otherwise you are basing your judgement on TV, press reports and books.

Also I believe that, while the McCanns may have received more favourable treatment from some quarters, and garnered more publicity, because of their relatively wealthy, middle class, professional background, this same status engendered some hostility from other quarters, from people who might otherwise have been sympathetic. I think the whole class thing, combined with jealousy at their relatively privileged position and the fact that they unquestionably made a mistake in leaving their children alone in the evenings, has made some people all too ready to think the worst.

Ultimately we have to deal in fact and the only tangible one is that Madeleine went missing. At least there is still some hope. In Greece today the police have announced that they have discovered a four year old girl who apparently was abducted at birth, and she is safe and well. We have to hope that the person or persons that abducted Madeleine, although clearly bad, selfish and uncaring, were not complete monsters. The fact that no body was ever found lends weight to that supposition.

Comment

• Is there evidence that these children were drugged by their parents? I haven't seen any.
                        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                          Is there evidence that these children were drugged by their parents? I haven't seen any.
                          There isn't any. Just supposition. There's lots about this on the web but a good summary is this webpage from the "exposing the myths" site.

Comment

Speaking as an unemployed man, who lives on a council estate, I quite agree that anyone in the McCann's position who lived on a council estate would be in jail by now.

Very good point if it had been Mr and Mrs average who had gone out on the lash and left kids unattended we would have a queue of people wanting to do the parents serious harm and would their other kids be left in their care I doubt it.
                            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• So they dined 50 yards or so from the kids bedroom, went back to check on them now and again, and no they didn't medicate any of the kids at all...is that right?

(I'm not seeking arguments but is that right?)

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                                So they dined 50 yards or so from the kids bedroom, went back to check on them now and again, and no they didn't medicate any of the kids at all...is that right?

(I'm not seeking arguments but is that right?)

Dave
                                I've been on holiday with my kids several times over the years and not once have me and the wife left them unattended.
                                Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X