Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Suzi View Post
    Please Maria- rein in!!!

I've been watching the way that this Madeleine thread has degraded during the day from work- off subject isn't in it.....it has degraded into mud slinging in a highly unpleasant personal fashion which to be honest has no place on a) this thread
    and
    b) on any civilised thread!

Please can we stop this!

People have better things to do,like day to day work etc - than to be upset by snide comments and unreferenced comments and 'research' -which- at the end of the day has nothing whatever to do with a disappearance of a child in Portugal,-where I believe this thread began!

PLEASE if you feel the need to insult/question/slander people please restrict it to PM's..the people you're attacking have friends you know- and to be honest this is NOT the place to post your grievances!

Suzi
    Suzi:

In that case, I suggest you go back to work and don´t see the thread. It is really that easy. Maybe you have nothing better to do in your life than chastise me for something I did not started but of course you are biased aren´t you ? Where you blind that you did not see what the other people said to me ? or did you just expected me to take it all without defending myself ?

Maria

Originally posted by Graham View Post
    Dear Maria,

For the love of God, go away,

Graham
    I suggest you should take your leave, since you have not contributed a word to this thread and only came just now when you could see the opportunity of stirring some trouble. It is typical of you.

Maria

Comment

• 'Er excuse me Maria I work every day and only when I have a break catch up on the posts etc on 'Casebook', where I expect to see sensible debate and the occasional diversion-

This is one 'diversion' too far!

Abuse and slighting to individuals is unforgivable!- and Cheers to Graham for wading in!!!

- As I said earlier- this thread is NO place for this sort of mud slinging..if there were such a thread I'm sure it would be very popular with the odd (ODD) poster!

Anyway I'm OUT OF THIS!- what's the point of making myself a contender for a mud slinging thread- I've got better things to do!- and one of those isn't to spend a BORING weekend! Thank You!

* Can you send me one of those V certs back Bob! - I've earn't it!!!

Suzi
      Last edited by Suzi; 10-03-2008, 11:07 PM.
      'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

• Dear Maria,

Your education may not have stretched to encompassing the works of the famous man of letters George Bernard Shaw, so I will excuse your ignorance and say only that Mrs Patrick Campbell, an actress contemporary with Mr Shaw, who was known for his endless talk, once said to him, "When you were quite little, somebody ought to have said to you, just once, 'hush' ".
        The same applies to you, dear Maria.

Or to put it more crudely, if your brain was as expansive as your mouth, you'd be a genius.

I will continue to read threads in which I have no direct interest, yet if I spot such nonsense as you continually spout, dear lady, I will retain the right to tell you to be quiet. Now do so.

Graham
        Last edited by Graham; 10-03-2008, 11:23 PM.
        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• Graham:

I think we should stick to the subject of Madeleine McCann, Suzi is right about that. Excuse me if I have not read a word of your last post because it has gone off the tangent and it is no longer discussing the missing girls fate which is in the end what we were discussing.

Maria

Comment

• Originally posted by Maria View Post
            Graham:

I think we should stick to the subject of Madeleine McCann, Suzi is right about that. Excuse me if I have not read a word of your last post because it has gone off the tangent and it is no longer discussing the missing girls fate which is in the end what we were discussing.

Maria
            Dear me, and here's me thinking that you were using this thread merely to tell the entire world what a wonderful person you are....tut, tut, Graham!

Graham
            We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

• 'Er OK that's a start- OK where were we....

Comment

• ......this thread's changed a bit since I last read it!!!

What the bloomin' hell has this load of what Suzi calls "toot"....got to do with Madeline McCann.

Bob has put in some excellent views,opinions and observations on this thread.
                I for one have valued his input immensely,it has been a privelege to read, from someone who knows,how the legal system works.

A Special Message to Monty.

I'm your friend Mont

ANNA.

Comment

• Exactly!

Hi Anna- Well what can I say- read back!!!

.........Right a child disappears in Portugal.......................

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Suz x (Toot is a great word for it!)...IT'S THE PERSONAL SLIGHTING THAT GOT ON MY WICK!

Thank God for the Bobs and Montys of this world
                  Last edited by Suzi; 10-03-2008, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by anna View Post
                    ......this thread's changed a bit since I last read it!!!

What the bloomin' hell has this load of what Suzi calls "toot"....got to do with Madeline McCann.

Bob has put in some excellent views,opinions and observations on this thread.
                    I for one have valued his input immensely,it has been a privelege to read, from someone who knows,how the legal system works.

A Special Message to Monty.

I'm your friend Mont

ANNA.
                    Anna,

I always read this thread whenever I log on, even though I don't really have a terrific interest in the subject. But to say that it's gone 'off-thread' is an understatement...hence my recent posts.

From someone who can take very little more from Ms Paella,

Best regards,

Graham

Comment

• Originally posted by Graham View Post
                      Anna,

I always read this thread whenever I log on, even though I don't really have a terrific interest in the subject. But to say that it's gone 'off-thread' is an understatement...hence my recent posts.

From someone who can take very little more from Ms Paella,

Best regards,

Graham
                      HE HE

Comment

• Putting The Record Straight

Over the last few days Maria has made some outrageous remarks about me. Since I am not corresponding directly with Maria until she apologises for calling me a “gun fanatic who condones murder” I felt I had to put the record straight about some of her more ridiculous claims.

Bob and Caz think that the McCanns killed their daughter

Wrong. I do not and have never believed either of the McCanns killed their daughter. When the case broke I PM’d some of you to give my take on the case. I have not changed my opinion since then and those I pm’d can confirm I never suggested such a thing.

You are in your sixtees (sic)

Wrong. For those of you who have access to the BMD records feel free to look up my birth in the 2nd Quarter 1950 where you will see my birth registered in Stroud under my full name Robert B Hinton.

he was dressed in a tatty cheap T-shirt

Wrong as far as I can recall I was wearing an open necked shirt with a pair of slacks. As far as I can recall I have never worn a T-shirt to any of the conference dinners.

obnoxious in our table that an American lady moved away from our table

Wrong. The lady in question was Judith Stock who was over here with her friend from Boston. We became friends; in fact she bought one of the first copies of my book ‘From Hell’ (the same book that Maria asked me to send her as she hadn’t got a copy – which I did free of charge)

Bob was with his brother, his wife and his brother´s wife

Wrong. I attended the conference with my brother. We had as our guest a lady from Llanelli who had previously gone on my Jack the Ripper tour. She was never introduced to anyone as my ‘wife’. My sister in law has never attended any of the Ripper conferences.

well... maybe it was your bit on the side

Wrong, and I won’t dignify such a slanderous comment with any further remarks.

I spent my time talking to her and your sister in law

Wrong. Mrs Oliver said afterwards that she thought Maria a little strange, and swapped places with my brother to put some distance between them. If Maria was talking to my sister in law she must have done it over the phone, as she never attended the conference.

it seems like if Altzeimers decease must be attacking your brain

Wrong. I don’t have Alzheimer’s disease. The illness I was recently diagnosed as having does not affect my brain.

With Maria being wrong on so many points one can only wonder if it might not be a good idea to just stick her on a universal ignore list!

Comment

• Anyway,

Just been reading the book by Danny Wallace entitled "Vanished- The truth about the dissapearance of Madeline McCann".
                          It's a good read, but I had to give it back to the wife
                          Regards Mike

Comment

• The voice of reason!!!

Right- a missing child...............................???
                            Suz x

Comment

• I just hope they find her to allow closure for all those involved, not just the parents but friends, family and everyone involved.
                              Regards Mike

Comment

• Goodness gracious me...poor Maddie isn't just missing in general, but missing from a thread supposedly dedicated to her

I'm pretty fond of a bit of a verbal ding-dong (did anybody guess?!!), but enough already!!

My husband said he thought that if Madeleine had been abducted and was still alive, they would have taken her pink toy. Now, there are times when he gets a bit delusional (I have observed air guitars being played, and steering wheel piano), so I thought I'd best check his thinking...and his reasoning was, any abductor who planned to keep her alive (for kindly or, God forbid, nefarious reasons) would take the toy along to calm her down. But then I remember hearing someone else talking (probably stupid talkback radio) and saying that grieving parents often adopt their child's favourite toy as a symbol of them...

I'm not stuck on the toy, or either of the theories. But it was quite a powerful bit of symbolism, wasn't it, Kate McCann carrying that fluffy pink toy? Was it calculated, you think, or just very sad?

And next person who is mean doesn't get any icecream and rainbow sprinkles.
                                best,

claire

Comment

Working...
                                X