Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Capps and Bob,

Thanks for your support.....I must admit I was a little shocked when I read through all the information that we were not fed here in Britain,and realised just how selective our press and tv had been in this case.

Capps....I was a little annoyed that Jeff doesn't seem to know the meaning of the word IF....which if he had bothered to actually read my posts,would have seen that it ran throughout,concerning the McCanns involvement on that evening.

Bob....You and I share exactly the same opinion of what happened.Kate's mum is a feisty woman,so Kate knew she would be on her case,so the first words she uttered where exactly what you and I think...
    "It was an accident mum".
    Bestest,
    ANNA.

This country made a massive error of not allowing this case to be investigated fully....the parents seemed to take preference over Maddie,since day one.
    Last edited by anna; 09-29-2008, 11:57 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Maria,who I have great respect for as a friend,and myself have gathered together in the hope and knowledge that one day an end will be found for this case,that will be the truth of the matter,whatever that be.

I'm sure many others are stood under that banner,so to speak.

So,until that day arrives,there really is no need to tussle about details really,we need to just sit and wait.

Best Regards to one and all
      ANNA.

Comment

• Thatīs right. Anna and I are very good friends, I enjoy having conversations with Anna and her observations have been informative to me on some things that have come to light, even though we differ in our opinions, time will tell as more new things come to light and new developements happen on this case, since nothing remains hidden for ever, someone somewhere knows the truth and in time, it will eventually come out. Personally I believe that there was not enough time to dispose of the body and I also believe that if it were an accident that would have been easier to explain to the press and the authorities rather than this too elaborate conspiracy plan where 10 people including the McCannīs were responsible for a cover-up on a murder.

An accident would have meant that little Maddie would have had a proper Catholic Christian burial rather than being put like a dog in an unmarked shallow grave where they cannot even ever visit her again. I do not think the doctors McCannīs can be that callous with anyone let alone their sweet little girl.

Maria

Comment

• Originally posted by Maria View Post

The children were given Calpol which a very mild medicine for children administered by Kate who is a doctor.
          That’s news to me because I could have sworn I saw the parents being interviewed at one point and categorically denying giving the children anything at all. It was the interview during which Gerry gave a nervous little laugh and tugged at his ear as he issued the denial.

Someone is not telling the truth here, but who?

Love,

Caz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Oh, yes, Calpol makes my kids sleep much better when they're unwell. Whether it's mild depends on the dose...paracetamol can be lethal, I'm told, but maybe I'm wrong.

Who knows? First they said they were given sedatives, then nothing, now Calpol. The only people who do know are the McCann parents and they're not telling.
            best,

claire

Comment

• Claire:

That is correct. Paracetamol can be lethal. An overdose of paracetamol can give an adult liver failure. Iīm sure Dr. McCann knows about all this.

Maria

Comment

• Originally posted by anna View Post
                ....I give up.......

Why is it,that people have trouble with the fact that there are suspicious things going on here.....all I did was post some finding of FACTS here on the thread....and someone has to get insulting.....

Maria and I had a very good discussion on this subject...as we are adults.
                And brought it to a conculsion from our mutual respect for Maddie.

Jeff...so you should be sorry.

ANNA.
                Anna:

I think a lot has to do with conflicting newspaper reports. At one time... on the same day, a newspapers was saying that the parents had frozen poor Madeleine in the fridge ! Whilst another newspaper was saying that they dragged her through the staircase, yet another newspaper was saying that they had buried her in the church grounds, a fourth one was saying they had detected her DNA in the boot of the car, ( which we know was hired 25 days after Madeleine disappeared.)

What we have to take into account here is that the newspapers want to sell their newspapers and something sensational will sell like hot cakes, regardless if the story its true or not. That is the difference between a responsible and respectable newspaper from the ones who give a whit about the truth so long as their newpaper sales are increased so that they can make more money.

So in the McCannīs case at this point its really difficult to sift what is the truth from the lies. The final report written by the prosecutors critizes the police for having failed to establish exactly what happened in this case.

Maria

Comment

• Hi Maria,

This is what you posted about that final report:

The latest news is that Portuguese detectives came under fire from their own prosecutors for uncovering " Very little " conclusive evidence about Madeleineīs fate, the newly released files have revealed.

The damning report, made public as part of the massive dossier of evidence assembled over more than 14 months, even compared local investigators unfavourably with Hercule Poirot and Sherlock Homes.

The document, written by public prosecutors in Portimao and dated July 21 ( The day the case was officially shelved ) said the investigation had not been able to achieve any proof which would allow " The information of any lucid, sensible, serious and honest conclusion " of the circumstances of the girl going missing. It went on: " This includes the most dramatic thing, ascertaining whether she is still alive or dead ( which seems the most probable " )

The prosecutors continued " The investigators are fully conscious that their work is not exempt from imperfections. They worked with an enormous margin of error and they achieved very little in terms of conclusive results, especially about the fate of the unfortunate child.

" This is not, unfortunately, a detective novel, a crime scenario fit for the investigative efforts of a Sherlock Holmes or Hercule Poirot, guided by the illusion that the forces of law and justice can always re-establish order "

As I have tried - and failed - to get through to you previously, the commentary in the first two paragraphs appears to have been written by someone who either completely misread the tone of the subsequent statements, or was putting an unholy spin on them.

I can see nothing particularly 'damning' about anything you posted here that allegedly comes from the report itself, and in fact the prosecutors are acknowledging that real policemen are not fictional super sleuths who could be expected to discover what happened that night regardless of the circumstances and whatever obstacles lay in their path. If that was the harshest criticism of the Portuguese police to be found in the report, no wonder it had to be built up in the commentary as something worse, in the hope that people wouldn't notice.

You provided us with just one such obstacle when you claimed that Kate McCann had dosed the kids up with Calpol, even though Gerry McCann himself claimed, during a filmed interview, that they gave them nothing at all. If you are right, then one or both parents were lying about their children's medication and the police would have been obliged to try to find out why. It would also make a mockery of Gerry's self-righteous indignation when asked if he had anything to do with his daughter's disappearance.

On the other hand, if you are wrong, and Kate never claimed any such thing, then all you have succeeded in doing is to repeat a false and damaging rumour that gives people reason to believe the McCanns must have been lying.

So if you care about this couple's reputation like you say you do, you will now go back and check your source for Kate's use of Calpol and if it's not in the form of a direct quote, it would be better not to rely on that source in future.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  Last edited by caz; 09-30-2008, 11:58 AM.
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Hi Maria,
                    I don't read newspapers,but agree they have to sell newspapers.The sample in ice was scientifically analized to be dripped LIQUID(which the dogs traced from the boot,down the side of the car,over the wheel arch and onto the pavement)...which the McCanns explained as "frozen steak that had started to thaw".The dogs don't pick up animal scent,or liquid.Only story I've seen as to have a factual basis..can't remember your third though.
                    Kate's mum has admitted during a US tv interview,that Gerry told her to push the abductor theory
                    Actually the only point I would argue,is that there was plenty of time to move a body during that evening.IF,and again,IF... they were involved.

There is one question....which is the most compelling of all......who exactly is Gerry McCann and what was he up to,that is being kept from us.His is the only statement that is not in full on the net...which is very strange.He makes numerous calls to one number just before Maddie goes,and 48 mins of calls after....all wiped.He is sensative enough to make this incident one where major people jump,and a well connected spokesman sought.

This Maria,would be the only reason why we may never know the full truth of this crime.
                    If you can think of any reason for this strange behaviour by all,I would be interested to hear it.....as it is their odd behaviour,and not necessarily the circumstances,that are the issue here.
                    ANNA.

Comment

• ....and before anyone jumps in with the absurd theory that anyone who does not agree with their thoughts hates the McCanns....let me make this quite plain and clear,and on behalf of all those who have posted any facts that mean that we think there is something shifty with this crime...

***********WE DO NOT HATE THE McCANNS*****

Comment

• Anna:

It doesnīt matter what they found in the car since this car was hired 25 days after Madeleine disappeared which means where was Madeleine hidden during those previous 25 days ? You see how silly this is ?

Besides, I do not think the Doctors to be so callous to bury anyone like a dog in a shallow grave let alone their little girl. Iīm sorry Anna but we are talking about doctors who are all from the caring community, not some hardened criminals who would be capable to hide a murder.

Coming from a doctorīs family, I know the sacrifices doctors have to do for others, we understood as children that Dad could not be for our birthdays nor Christmas if he had to attend a patient. We always thought that a personīs life was more important and always came first before a selfish party.

I admire and respect my father, my sister, my aunt and all our friends who are doctors would think of nothing to leave a holiday to attend someone who needed them. People forget that. So I will not believe that not only the McCanns but that seven more doctors would be a party to covering-up a murder ? NO. This would have to be callous in the extreme. By becoming a doctor you make an oath to save lives, not to cover-up murders, that is completely against the grain. Criminals can easily do that, but 9 doctors in medicine ?

Maria
                        Last edited by Maria; 09-30-2008, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Hi Maria,
                          I just looked up the facts and put them here.What I think or feel,whether they sound silly or unrealistic is neither here nor there.A lot of it defies explanation,which is why people are suspicious.Blame the McCanns for that.
                          Your first point,about the car.
                          It's a fact that was actually taken very seriously indeed.Being liquid,it could not have been transferred in any way on clothing etc,and unless anyone had died in that car boot since the McCanns had it previously,they had to come to the conclusion that they reached.The locals reported to the police that the McCanns were taking nightly strolls to an appartment block.Who they were visiting was not known.They police had no idea which block,and had no time to set up proper surveillance equipment before the case was halted.Yet another action unexplained.They had told police they had no friends or aquaintances,living near their holiday appartment.
                          Your second point about the doctors.
                          Difficult to say what people will do in any circumstances.I suppose it depends on their level of involvement,IF this was the case.

What we would do,think or react to,may be totally different.I do understand your thoughts on this,and things I have thought were silly suggestions,turn out when put into context,to be explained.
                          I am in the dark in this,as much as you.....the case's only interest for me,is as I have already said...why they made the moves they made,and not the circumstances.
                          Warmest Regards,
                          ANNA.
                          Last edited by anna; 09-30-2008, 10:11 PM.

Comment

• Anna:

I do not find anything " suspicious " I believe in Innocent until proven guilty.

Comment

• As you wish Maria,maybe all will be revealed one day.

Bestest,

ANNA.

Comment

• Anna:

It is not as I wish. It is the way it is in a civilized society. We cannot go lynching and hanging people on hearsay like they did in the wild west. It is no good pointing the finger of " guilty " if there is not even one shred of evidence in these suppositions without a basis.

This gossip about the McCanns visiting another apartment, they would have needed to have rented it first and the smell of a dead child would not even have needed the trained dogs to smell it since it would be such an unbearable stench, that it would have been quite impossible to disguise it.

Maria
                                Last edited by Maria; 10-01-2008, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X