• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mac-the-kipper View Post
    Hocus pocus nonsense.
    Oh, probably. Not "ambiguous", though.

Comment

Hello you all!

Does Nostradamus mention anything about...

"Our" Jacky?!

All the best
      Jukka
      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
        Oh, probably. Not "ambiguous", though.

This is pretty cool having my own board stalker
        I didn't do it, a big boy did it and ran away.

Comment

There was one quatrain which predicts that Tottenham hotspur will win the premier league title in a year ending in the number 9 (so im told) so it could be tottenhams year......im not totally convinced ,but better to have some hope than no hope.

Comment

Originally posted by mac-the-kipper View Post
            This is pretty cool having my own board stalker
            Don't flatter yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
              There are a few, but again they are open to interpratation,
              off the top of my head,

Century I Quatrain 90
              Bordeaux and Poitiers, at the sound of the bell
              Will go in great force to Langon
              The wind will be against the French
              And a hideous monster will be born near Orgon

Many commentators believe this point's to nuclear disaster in the area of France.

Century VI Quatrain 98
              Ruin for the Volcae so very terrible with fear, Their great city stained, pestilential deed: To plunder Sun and Moon and to violate their temples: And to redden the two rivers flowing with blood.

The Volcae is now France.

Century VIII Quatrain 21
              Three foists will enter the port of Agde carrying the infection and pestilence, not the faith. Passing the bridge they will carry off a million, the bridge is broken by the resistance of a third.

All of the above three are undated but believed to happen in the first 10 years of 2000, they are open to interpretation, but many commentators believe they point to a French Nuclear Disaster.
              Hi Mike !

Some people interpret this as the Balkans. The French have always thought there would be trouble in the Balkans which would engulf them in a big way. The civil war in Bosnia from 1992-1993 claimed between 250,000 and 300,000 lives and was the bloodiest genocidal conflict in Europe since World War Two. The majority of those killed or displaced were Bosnian Muslims.

Interesting your quote above about " The Two Rivers " since Iraq is known to the Muslims as " The Land Of The Two Rivers "

Compared with Afghanistan, Bosnia was an easy place for European Jihadis to enter. Geographically located between the Middle East and Europe, it was also an ideal platform for a westward expansion of al-Qaída ideology and connections. In Bosnia, battle-hardened Afghan Arabs mixed and fought with raw recuits from Western Europe. This was to be a key factor in the global expansion of Jihad, in particular within Europe. For here, mujahedin with European passports made connections not only with each other but also with al-Qaida central leadership. Dr. al Zawahiri was in charge of al-Qaida´s operations in Bosnia in 1993 and it seems Osama bin Laden himself visited mujahedin camps in Bosnia three times between 1994 and 1996 having been issued with a Bosnian passport in Vienna in 1993.

Maria

Comment

I think the best solution would be if All of us at the count of 10 committed mass suicide....i mean there really is no hope any more is there? Did nostradamus ever predict that anything good would happen?
                I mean,for goodness sake, how can anyone believe that a guy with a tripod a cauldron of water ,a staff and a jar of branston pickle could predict the weather ,let alone all these cataclysmic events centuries in the future?
                regards

Comment

Originally posted by dougie View Post
                  I mean,for goodness sake, how can anyone believe that a guy with a tripod a cauldron of water ,a staff and a jar of branston pickle...
                  ...interestingly, it seems that Nostradamus once made a living from making and selling jams, pickles and cosmetics. He even published a treatise on the subject.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hello Sam!

I wonder, if he could ever predict, if he could get a loan from a bank...

All the best
                    Jukka
                    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                      ...interestingly, it seems that Nostradamus once made a living from making and selling jams, pickles and cosmetics. He even published a treatise on the subject.
                      Im assuming nostradamus could (perhaps) have been the original inspiration for the robertsons "golliwog" motif?........ .....what a nasty man!

Comment

Originally posted by j.r-ahde View Post
                        I wonder, if he could ever predict, if he could get a loan from a bank...
                        According to Ian Wilson's book Nostradamus: The Evidence, he didn't seem able to predict, when he wrote his will, which of his sons would inherit his powers
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                          According to Ian Wilson's book Nostradamus: The Evidence, ...
                          Is that book any good? I read a lot on Nostradamus in my younger days, but I gather there's a new ultra-sceptical school of thought that holds that what were thought to be the earliest editions are fakes. Based on his Turin Shroud stuff, I'd be a bit hesitant about anything by Ian Wilson, but the alternative seems to be James Randi...

Comment

Hello you all!

One of my questions is still unaswered;

Any news about Saucy Jacky in his texts?!

All the best
                            Jukka

Comment

Hello you all!

The Italian lands near the mountains will tremble.
                              The ****(the animal) and the Lion not strongly united.
                              In place of fear they will help each other.
                              Freedom alone moderates the French.

So, obviously I should put my bets on Italy instead of England or France for the next football World Champion?!

All the best
                              Jukka

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                                Is that book any good?
                                It is, as a matter of fact, Chris. Wilson is actually quite even-handed about Nostradamus, and on more than one occasion points out Randi's inaccuracies and/or mistakes. In fact, Wilson gives a very interesting and straightforward account of Nostradamus. In focusing on the man's life and times, and not dwelling overmuch on the prophecies, his book is all the better for it.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Working...
                                X