When Flying Saucers Attack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Cel,

Yes, the show was out-there even for that program. Even the guys on there who believe in absolutely everything seemed a little skeptical on this one.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hiddy-ho Stan,

I've seen some of the "flying humanoid" vids on the net. The flying humanoids remind me of the big Michelin tire guy. You know the one who looks like a big mummy?

But that whole cave bit...as if!
      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• There are quite a few on Youtube, mostly out of Mexico that look like the stereotypical with floating about on a stick (some without the stick). Very strange indeed!

Comment

• UFO Crashes into a House in Hull
          Get the latest news from Hull and around the UK. Breaking news & headlines, live blogs, video, pictures and in-depth comment & analysis from Hull Live news team.

I am making enquiries...
          Regards Mike

Comment

• Gee I was so preoccupied, I missed July!

Hi everyone,

A few people on the Board, like Mike, Ali, Jennie, and Helga, knew I was on FaceBook, but I have not visited this site as often as I previously did. In particular now that I have been drawn into three fames (dealing with farming) I find my time screwed up). I apologize for not being back as much
            as I should have been.

I don't have anything relating to UFOs to discuss. I will mention that I did do some book reviews on the occult (Conan Doyle) and magic (Houdini). But nothing really to report. I'll try to find something later on to discuss.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Comment

• Here is some footage from a BBC Webcam!

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
              Regards Mike

Comment

• Paranorm-Hull visited the Spring Bank cemetery, the photo's are here, http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=1609d806a1

The cemetery is the home of the Dawber family grave, the McLennan family grave, and the grave of Dr Kelburn King.
                Regards Mike

Comment

• The Day After Roswell

HI To All,
                  I have just read (most) of the above book after reading about it on the web when I was directed to the dvd' Secret Space'. I suppose a few of you have read Colonel Phillip Corso's book which is an expose of how he helped seed the alien technology gained from Roswell into civilian firms, and how the disinformation campaign was run.
                  Secret Space mentioned the book and I spotted it in the library and grabbed it. It is very informative. The basic premise of 'Secret Space 'is that NASA has been fighting a war with some aliens for a few decades. I haven't seen the whole dvd yet, just a30 minute snip that is on You-tube.
                  I am still waiting for my copy of the book about JTR's 'Diary',which we discussed a while ago, from Jewish Books Australia. I paid a month ago and no book yet.
                  I owe Celesta a story on possums. My dad used to go out in our large back-yard and knock on a weeping willow tree and the possums used to come down and take some banana from his hand. After he had taken years to get to know them. They lived in an old garage next door. They are still all over Sydney, they have adapted to urban living well. I moved about ten Kilometers away and I still have some next door. Hope you are all well. I am mainly on stampboards.com now (as raz), but it is not just stamps.
                  Aust Post has personalised stamps now, you supply a picture and I may do the first JTR stamps in the world,as far as I know. Let me know what you think and if I do it I'll send you a letter with a JTR stamp on it. Regards from downunder.

Comment

• The opossums we have here in North America are rather unpleasant scavengers. A friend if mine, who's a farmer, had a pig die in one of his fields and when he approached the remains with an end-loader to remove it for disposal he said he saw a couple opossums run out from inside the carcass. YIKES!!
                    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hi Ron,

A JtR stamp would be really cool, and I'll bet you'd have people standing in line to get one. That's a good idea. A really good one, actually.

I have a few old stamps but they're attached to antique postcards. Mostly I have Egyptian ones (because I love the scenes depicted) and some British and European.

Stan's right about our possums here. They're kind of nasty, in more ways than one. They're our only marsupial though, and have been pretty successful. They're nocturnal and light really makes them freeze up. Sometimes they get in our backyard here, after the persimmons and maybe wild strawberries. They'll trip the security lights and when the lights come on they freeze up, confused about what to do because they really can't see. They didn't show up to get persimmons last year. It kind of bothered me as these guys take advantage of every opportunity. Nasty they may be, but there was an emptiness to the late summer nights without them.

I've forgotten what your Australian possums look like. I gotta go look that up. Thanks for the story. That's great that your dad could win the trust of wild animals like that.
                      "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

• Hi Ron,

Yep, Australian possum are definitely cuddlier-looking than ours.

Comment

• The Day After Roswell

This book is different to all the others about Roswell. It gives the reasons why they ran Blue Book,and fills in all the gaps. It also tells how the CIA and KGB spies worked together to keep the politicians from taking over. Corso says that the CIA was fully infiltrated by the KGB in the late fifties and early sixties.
                          He says that a moon base was planned for 1965 and explains all about the U2 spy flights. The German technology was so like what the USA got from Roswell he surmises that the Nazis either had a downed UFO like Roswell or some form of contact.
                          He explains about how we got night vision technology from Roswell,plus lasers and integrated circuits. Some companies already working on these concepts had the Roswell stuff seeded into their programs, many of which were kicked off from German Technology after WW2. They found a laser at Roswell,and nearly had an accident until they worked out it was a cutting tool.probably surgical.
                          If you think a JTR stamp would be a good idea Celesta I'll give it a go. I just have to find the right image. Any suggestions from the experts?
                          I have talked to my mum since my last post and she told me that Dad used to sit down in our large backyard where we had a table and chairs set up,and he would have a beer and the possums would come and sit on the other chair leg(it was two chairs with a table in between-all one piece of wood or slats really) and he would sit there with the possums. He could call them down by making a possumy noise. But mum said if she approached the possums would scatter.
                          These are usually ring-tailed possums,with big black and brown eyes,quite pleasant to look at,but some gardeners don't like them.
                          Dad said a few bananas at night and they were happy. He also grew some corn for them.
                          Anyway , I recommend 'The Day After Roswell', by Colonel Phillip
                          Corso.Pocket Books. New York. 1997. Hope you are all well. I know we have had some problems lately. Google Essiac for cancer info, or books by Dr Hulda Clark. She wrote in Nexus also. The story of Gaston Naessens is an eye opener about how the medical establishment jumps on alternative medicine. Dr Rife's machines are currently under attack,and the guy making them has been charged, A repeat of what happened to Dr Rife back in the 1930's.

Comment

• Hi Ron,

Thanks for the recs on cancer info. It's true that alternative medicine is usually under attack by so-called mainstream medicine. Chiropractors and acupuncture used to get criticized a lot here. Now, doctors are reluctantly admitting that both chiropractic therapies and acupuncture can provide relief. Chiropractors are now covered by our health care provider.

That sounds like a pretty interesting book you have there. It's got a little bit of everything in there. I'm going to try and get a copy of this.

As for the stamps, I'm not sure. Something that would be immediately assoc. with the Ripper and Victorian London but tasteful.

Have a good Sunday, Ron.

Comment

• I have two editions of the Corso book and find it an amazing story. He had the military background, and I have not heard a decent argument against him.

Only found out the other day that John Keel had passed away, Keel wrote the stunning Mothman Prophecies, which is the work he will be remembered for, but I had one of his earlier books, Strange Creatures From Time and Space. Such a loss.
                              Regards Mike

Comment

• Sorry to hear about Keel, Mike.

Comment

Working...
                                X