Name:	cat highgate2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	654657

Hmmmmmmmmmm

Suzi
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Farrant claimed to "summon up" the Highgate Vampire!

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
      What he claim he saw, to me, in that interview, seemed consistent with other sitings from other people I interviewed independently ... Whether Farrent was or was not I do know..I said his account seemed to me 'Credible'
      I have no idea when you spoke to Farrant, but I sense it was this century. We will put to one side what has been published in other interviews he has given, interviews which contradict what he told you, and concentrate on what he wrote in an unedited article published in New Witchcraft magazine at the time of his incarceration in the 1970s. These are Farrant's own words, completely unedited according to the magazine. I wonder how credible his story to you is in the light of what he wrote back then?

"This place where we are now is really a battlefield between the powers of good and the forces of darkness." - Seán Manchester (speaking at Highgate Cemetery on BBC television's 24 Hours, 15 October 1970)

Comment

Apart from anything else sigh--My scroll bar is wearing out!

Comment

Sorry the state of sleep paralysis, while awake is Hypnogogia..

What I find of interest are accounts of shared sleep paralysis attacks..

Are there outside influences that effect the brain..

My interest in this first started when I was stuck on a tube train in a packed commuter train that cault fire in a tunnel..you can almost sense peoples physical fear, its like a shared experience..

Again I say check the links on Popo Bawa

These experiences are clearly real for a large number of people. I also discussed a case with Professor French at Goldsmiths college where he talked about an attack in Vietnam where a number of people died in a similar attack, possibly shared Hypnogogia, these people died from fear.

Pirate

I will not condone harm to animals in any form what so ever, the odd human being possibly, but animals never...and Tara is purring in agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by kensei View Post
            Sorry, I mean no disrespect, but can you suggest a reason why multiple unrelated people either passing by or through Highgate Cemetery at night, and others inside homes nearby, would all experience spontaneous "sleep paralysis while awake" and hypnopompic hallucination, which you admit is "very rare"? Seems it would have to be something inherent in the place, not the people.

yes yes yes...Kensie I could kiss you , at least one person around here has a brain...excuse the pun..

However I've just promised to deliver a Dish washer to a partner, so I will catch you all later..

Thanks Kensie

Pirate

Comment

Re: you post Highgate

I interveiwed Farrent about four years ago..

The account he gave made no mention of him being with anybody else when he fist saw it, what he claimed to me he saw...he was alone..he had gone looking for something having talked to an old lady with a small dog..

It was an entity..judgeing by gate about 8' in height...he said it became very cold, he frooze, it approached him, he felt it drain his energy...he ran off..

That is all...I dont own the tapes, they belong to the production company or I would give you an exact transcript.

He mentioned returning at a later date to perform an exorcism, he was arrested. He did mention he was with other people on this occassion. But my memory is hazy I'm not being difficult or nothing..

Pirate

I must off the govnor will kill me

Comment

Two plus two is more than just tea for two

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                Anyone want to add two plus two here?
                Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
                My impression of David was that he was a reasonable sort of chap, if a little strange/excentric?. However he was quite articulate and intelligent..
                Originally posted by Ravenstone View Post
                Certainly, David Farrant always comes across as an honest man, genuine in his belief, and consistent.

Last edited by HighgateVampireArchivist; 08-20-2008, 03:42 PM.
                "This place where we are now is really a battlefield between the powers of good and the forces of darkness." - Seán Manchester (speaking at Highgate Cemetery on BBC television's 24 Hours, 15 October 1970)

Comment

www.davidfarrant.org is worth a tiptoe through........

I'm quite sure that characters such as Josef Mengele came across as intelligent,articulate and reasonable on first meeting..........

Comment

Worth a tiptoe through

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                    davidfarrant.org is worth a tiptoe through........

http://www.holygrail-church.fsnet.co.uk/Rhoads.htm is worth a tiptoe through........

Comment

It was............

Comment

Hi Kensie

I’m trying to track down some stuff on effects of invironment…

Taking me longer than I thought..sorry

However the person I was talking to about creating sleep paralysis under scientific conditions was called Julia Santomauro

Perhaps this conversation can start taking, a slightly more scientific direction than Farrent.

And yes I do believe that environment may effect groups of people into shared experience, though clearly there is no scientific evidence for my claim at present.

To be honest when you start digging away at science some of their ideas are more bizarre than the religious nuts.

I'm on the case

Pirate

Comment

A series of intriguing experiments show that people can 'see' events hundreds of miles away. Bunkum? Then why did British military chiefs conduct their own study - but refuse to reveal the results?

Hi Kenzie

I cant find my info, so sorry..

What i'm looking for is an experiment by Dr Richard Wiseman..who built a copy of the Edinbough dungeon in 3D virtual simulation..

Bizarrely people said they had seen ghosts while in a virtual copy of the dungeon..even though they were in a computor generated space? Wisemans conclusion was that certain spacial envirronments may be more conclusive to super natural phenomina than others..

I'm not saying he is correct.....I dont know..I'm just exploring all the possibilities...and i think we should listen to both sides of the argument.

Well to be more precise..all the different angles of the argument..

Pirate

Comment

I have it on VERY good authority that our 'friend' Farrant is a chum of J P de L............Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	jpdl.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	654665

Just a great excuse to repost THAT pic!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Can I please make something quite clear:

What I said was: I have interviewed David Farrent. The account he gave of the Highgate Vampire seemed 'Credible' given other accounts by different people who claim to have witnessed Incubus or Alien abductions.

Not David Farrent was 'Credible' per se.

In the few hours I spent, doing my job, he seemed pleasant enough..but i met him for only a few hours about four years ago. I'm working from memory..I DO NOT HAVE THE TAPES.

I can not possibly comment on anything that he has supposed to have done before or after that event..you are all free to make up your own minds about him. He was simply one of a number of people I interviewed on the subject.

I wasn't making a program about Farrent..I was making a program about Spectrophilia..

I have nothing personally against any other individual connected to the case, I am interested in any views on the phenomina of the Highgate Vampire.

As to hate mail, or personal greivences, i know absolutely nothing. I am not an Advocate of David Farrents, I have nothing either against or fore the man personally. Clearly you cant tell if anyone has another side to them, even if they make a decent cup of tea...

I might remind some of you that Adolf Hitler was an animal lover.

Some of the most terrible serial killers in history have been very pleasant people..some people even made a case for Mira Hinley..

Not that I'm suggesting Farrent is a serial killer, I'm saying I met him for a few hours and I filmed his story..thats it really.

The idea anyone can look at a photograph and make a conclussion about someone they've never met is as silly as Cornwell's comments on Walter Sickert's eyes.

And please keep this conversation in the public domain.

Pirate

Comment

......Pirate,who the hell cares about this Farrant guy anyway!!!!!

Especially when you scroll down and see Suz's hum-dinger of a piccie of
                                J.P.De L......

Far outweighs all this other crap the Highgate Vampire keeps posting.

........gonna look at that photo again....much more amusing.

hee-hee,hee-hee,hee-hee!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X