No announcement yet.

The Highgate Vampire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever else the Highgate Vampire was, it is safe to say it wasn't a vampire. Given that there is actually pretty little to go on, it could be simply misinterpretation followed by mass hysteria. However, if considered in terms of genii loci, there is a long history of witnesses to such phenomenon. The interesting thing being where such witness testimony corroborates other testimonies without any collaboration being evident.
    Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence. The third time, it's enemy action.

Comment

Apparently it's not the end of the story, otherwise y ou wouldn't be obsessed and compelled to continue posting about him.

You say he's the publicity seeker, who's the one giving him all the publicity. That would be....you.

And it matters not where the information was taken from. The fact of the matter is there is word for word verbatim regurgitation of crap you are posting here.

Once again this thread is not titled David Farrant, occultist wanker. You are the one who is making the entire thread about him.

Pirate Jack,

I could give a fck what young people are on this site. If they haven't heard the words before, time they did. And if they are so immature and infantile that those words would be horrifying to them or shocking then chances are they are too young to be posting on this site anyway, and their parents should be doing a better job of watching them. Your telling me to watch my language is as objectionable as you saying people shouldn't make fun of you for your bad spelling. Dyslexics are perfectly capable of proofreading and using the spell checker. SO be the role model for "young people" you expect others to be. Use the damn spell check.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
        Your telling me to watch my language is as objectionable as you saying people shouldn't make fun of you for your bad spelling. Dyslexics are perfectly capable of proofreading and using the spell checker. SO be the role model for "young people" you expect others to be. Use the damn spell check.
        “I’m being oppressed ..note the violence inherent in the system”

Comment

Farrant claimed he came to "summon up" the vampire - not to stake it

Apparently it's not the end of the story, otherwise y ou wouldn't be obsessed and compelled to continue posting about him.

You say he's the publicity seeker, who's the one giving him all the publicity. That would be....you.

And it matters not where the information was taken from. The fact of the matter is there is word for word verbatim regurgitation of crap you are posting here.

Once again this thread is not titled David Farrant, occultist wanker. You are the one who is making the entire thread about him.
          I am not the one "obsessed and compelled to continue posting about him." It was not me who started this thread or opened this topic. I merely contributed toward it, as have others. The difference is that I have access to a large archive of data on the matter of the Highgate Vampire which naturally includes Farrant because he attempted to interlope at that case's periphery as a publicity-seeker and was prepared in the process to be arrested by police in order to secure sensationalist headlines. His very first criminal conviction (for indecency in a Barnet churchyard in November 1972) revealed that he had orchestrated his own arrest to guarantee newspaper coverage. The young woman arrested alongside him in the churchyard was a close relative of the journalist who covered the story and gave it front page headlines. Any list compiled of Farrant's convictions will look pretty much the same as any other. The chronology stays the same whoever publishes it. Likewise, any quotes from press or court records cannot be any different no matter who is supplying the quotes.

I came here because others were already giving Farrant publicity and declaring how much they regarded his story convincing. This astonished me because his story has been unconvincing, contradictory and inconsistent down the years. First he said he believed in vampires. Then he said he did not. He said he was hunting the Highgate Vampire. Then he said he was not. Then (and this is something nobody else here has touched on) he claimed in the High Court and also in an article he wrote for New Witchcraft magazine that he had summoned up the Highgate Vampire in a necromantic ritual in the cemetery involving a naked Martine de Sacy. She would later expose Farrant as a publicity-seeking failure who compensated for his shortcomings by seeking to be the centre of attention.

I did not make this thread about Farrant. Others had already done that by singing his praises. This thread is about the Highgate Vampire and, at the moment, we are discussing Farrant's attempts to mislead and hijack the case for his own selfish ends. When we have dealt with that aspect we can move onto other aspects.

It is certainly of concern that you link to a hate site run by an atheist who despises all who subscribe to the supernatural; a site, moreover, which identifies innocent people and publishes private addresses. The names of third parties who had nothing to do with these matters are published along with falsely attributed allegations about them. Private matters are discussed and distorted beyond all recognition. As I have already said, Catherine Fearnley, one of the people who posted a lot of the malicious falsehood on that site, has since admitted that she was manipulated by Farrant into doing her share of his dirty work and now deeply regrets what she did and is ashamed to have had any part in his wicked vendetta.

History repeats itself over and over where Farrant is concerned. An earlier ex-girlfriend, Martine de Sacy, revealed the fantasy world of this pathetic attention-seeker in an interview published in one of the UK's largest newspapers.

"This place where we are now is really a battlefield between the powers of good and the forces of darkness." - Seán Manchester (speaking at Highgate Cemetery on BBC television's 24 Hours, 15 October 1970)

Comment

Originally posted by HighgateVampireArchivist View Post
            [FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]I did not make this thread about Farrant. Others had already done that by singing his praises. This thread is about the Highgate Vampire and, at the moment, we are discussing Farrant's attempts to mislead and hijack the case for his own selfish ends. When we have dealt with that aspect we can move onto other aspects.
            Calm down Highgate. If you are refering to me here, this is not exactly true. I think singing his praises is a bit strong. I said I 'interviewed' the man and the story he gave to me, seemed credible. By that i mean his story of the encountering the phenomina 'Highgate Vampire'

You must remember that at this time i was traveling around the country investigating a story. I am an imparcial producer not a religious nutter (a photo-journalist). I met and interveiwed several people who have 'seen' and 'witnesses' such things. This included people who claimed to have been abducted by aleins. I was also spending time with a lady I'll call Mrs X. She claimed that she was being attacked and raped every night by a 'being' ,'thing' that sounded very much like Farrents discription of the Highgate Vampire...I did several all night viduals with infa-red cameras, electro magnetic devices etc etc.

which is why I was interested in his story. I was aware of the controversy that surrounded the man. All I can say is that my personal dealings with him were pleasant, he made me a cup of tea, and he was quite sympathetic when when of my light bulbs blew. Thats it really..I admit he was a little strange..but then alot of the people I interviewed were from my perspective.

I'm certainly not singing his praises, i met him once, and I'm giving an honest account of what happened. And nothing you have published so far really changes that impression..

And I'm NOT saying your wrong either, I'm just saying that that was my impression given perhaps 4-5 hours in his company..one two one..thats all.

You may have noticed Ally making fun of my Dyslexia...'Tis true..it is something that I have always suffered from...so one of my main interests is in the working and functioning of the brain.

My favourite Ripper suspect is Aaron Kosminski, I am deeply interested in the phenomina of schizophrenia...the story I was working on was to do with hypnogogia a form of waking sleep paralysis...i'm only interested in the supernatural in terms of what the brain thinks it see's..I had also interveiw prof French at Goldsmiths.

I'm not really interested in David Farrent per se. I'm interested in his accounts...a large dark shape, he felt afraid, it appeared to drain his energy, he was very cold, he ran off...

This story seems relatively credible..

If it was later woven into something else more flamboyent..well most posters on casebook will be familiar with that..in terms of JtR. But the basic story has much in common with other accounts of Incubus and Alien abduction phenomina.

That is what i am claiming.

What I'm interested in is your views on the Highgate vampire phenomina, as clearly you have more experience researching the phenomina than I do.

So if we could just leave David Farrent to one side for a moment that would be cool

Yours Pirate

PS Dont let yourself get wound up by Ally. She self-styles herself on Anne Robinson...I have it on good authority that she is a ***** cat in real life..puurr!

Comment

PS does anyone know how Ally can get away with the language she does, but when I use a perfectly innocent reference to a fluffy animal it gets starred out?..is this another transatlantic thing..does the 'w' and 'f' word mean something different over there?

Comment

......hold on,how can this person say they haven't made this thread about Farrant...when practically everything they have posted,and talked about,has been about this man?????
                Personally,I don't care who he has sent Voodoo dolls to or if he has run around Highgate Cemetry with handmade implements....that just proves that he has been a sad nutcase in the past.We should feel sorry for him.

I basically object to two things:-
                Firstly.....I read in one newspaper article that a headless corpse was sat in a car in the cemetry....now,
                Many of us have relatives that are lying in cemetries all over England "sleeping peacefully" and someone reading this thread may have a recently departed relative.I prefer to think that mine will remain that way,and not be dug up or found sitting in a bloomin' car while some excuse of a human,runs around on whatever wild goosechase they happen to be on at that moment.Call me picky...but there you are.
                Let's all hope these practices have ceased in these more enlightened times.
                Secondly....I object most strongly to ANY animal being used for sacrificial purposes.....and if I'd have been there to interview him,I'm afraid he might have been wearing that cup of tea.
                You notice he picked on a stray cat....hmmm,so he knew it was a stray!..woudn't have been worried incase a livid owner might have been ready to catch up with him,perchance????
                If this other Manchester guy is anything like this one,I think they both better be ready to be issued with pokers and suntan lotion, when their time comes
                to "cross over".
                ANNA.

Comment

Highgate Vampire,

You haven't posted a single thing related to the Highgate Vampire. You have posted a lot of off topic crap completely about Farrant that has nothing to do with the Vampire case at all. Once again, YOU are making this thread about Farrant. You are obviously obsessed and pathetic in this regard. No one really cares about your vendetta. You say you are an "archivist" of the case. Bullsht. You are an archivist about David Farrant. What did he do, turn you down for a date and now you have to stalk his name all over the internet, trying to tell everyone what a bad, bad man he is? Get over it. Really.

As for Pirate Jack's idiocy, it's an American owned, run and operated board so the it's the american definition of words that count and in America, wanker isn't a bad word. The other is.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Hi Anna

How are you today?

Just two observations. Firstly i believe that Highgate Cemetary has a far older religious connection and was there, as an area of religious significance, long before Christianity.

I'm not certain that there is any scientific evidence for the existance of laylines..non that I have come across. However I did interview a 'Diviner' who believes, quite independently of Farrent, that Highgate cemetary is of significant importance to electro-magnetic forces he calls 'laylines'...whether they exist or not I don't know but he claims to have mapped them in the UK with a bent stick.

You will find that many old christian churches in the UK were built on much older areas of religious significance. It was common practice to put christianity over older religions.

Also I dont believe that anyone here would condone crualty to cats in anyway, in fact i'm sitting here with my own beautiful feline friend 'Tara' right now, and my heart was broken last night watching Panarama

Crufts should be ban and these wicked people who inter-breed pedigree dogs should be locked up..they are the real abusers of animals..

Anyway quick rant over, I cant abide cruelty to animals.

And certainly this thread is about the Highgate Vampire NOT David Farrent. Farrent however was a witness to the phenomina, and I beleive its justified to discuss in context what he saw. As to ho relivant or true the other stuff and claims are..I dont know.

Pirate

Comment

Highgate Vampire,
                      As for Pirate Jack's idiocy, it's an American owned, run and operated board so the it's the american definition of words that count and in America, wanker isn't a bad word. The other is.
                      Seriously Ally I didn't know..what does the 'w' word mean over there?

Surely the 'F' word is the same?

A pus*' cat is something very innocent in the UK although on its own it can be rude. Depends on context.

Can we all stick to Highgate Vampire now?

Comment

Cats, corpses and cups of tea

Originally posted by anna View Post
                        I basically object to two things:-
                        Firstly.....I read in one newspaper article that a headless corpse was sat in a car in the cemetry....now,
                        Many of us have relatives that are lying in cemetries all over England "sleeping peacefully" and someone reading this thread may have a recently departed relative.I prefer to think that mine will remain that way,and not be dug up or found sitting in a bloomin' car while some excuse of a human,runs around on whatever wild goosechase they happen to be on at that moment.Call me picky...but there you are. Let's all hope these practices have ceased in these more enlightened times.

Secondly....I object most strongly to ANY animal being used for sacrificial purposes.....and if I'd have been there to interview him,I'm afraid he might have been wearing that cup of tea. You notice he picked on a stray cat....hmmm,so he knew it was a stray!..woudn't have been worried incase a livid owner might have been ready to catch up with him,perchance????

If this other Manchester guy is anything like this one,I think they both better be ready to be issued with pokers and suntan lotion, when their time comes
                        to "cross over".
                        You have absolutely no grounds whatsoever for asking whether Seán Manchester is anything like Farrant. They are obviously chalk and cheese. One is a charlatan with criminal convictions who uses the occult as a publicity-seeking bandwagon. The other is an author and exorcist in holy orders who has no criminal record. A picture of Seán Manchester can be found at the following link:

My issue stems from Farrant being an obvious and complete fraud. Meanwhile, Pirate Jack, who has met and spoken to him for a couple of hours, found his tales credible. How can they be credible when they change from one decade to the next? First farrant was hunting the Highgate Vampire. Then he was summoning up the vampire. Then he said there was no vampire. Then he said there was a vampire again. Then there wasn't again. And so on. Provided the press print his rubbish he is happy.

Farrant claimed to be head of the British Occult Society. They went on record (see below) to say that he owed no connection to the British Occult Society.

Regarding his claims to have sacrificed cats in bizarre rituals, how can Pirate Jack, knowing these published claims, say that because Farrant made him a cup of tea he is therefore okay? What is truly bizarre is how people can stick their heads in the sand where Farrant is concerned and say they find him credible in the light of his history of contradictions and appalling behaviour. The courts certainly didn't find Farrant credible which is why he went to jail.

You cannot divorce the man from his misdeeds over a lifetime.

"This place where we are now is really a battlefield between the powers of good and the forces of darkness." - Seán Manchester (speaking at Highgate Cemetery on BBC television's 24 Hours, 15 October 1970)

Comment

Hold on..I said what David Farrent discribe in that interview was credible.

I have no idea if at another time he discribed it as a Mr Blobby look alike, with a stetson hat driving a Morris Minor...

What he claim he saw, to me, in that interview, seemed consistent with other sitings from other people I interviewed independently..

And I would also say consistent with some of the symtoms discribed in legend as the 'Old Hag' and also consistant with symptems discribed in Science as 'Sleep Paralysis' and in very rare occassions as Hypnopompic Hallusination. 'Sleep paralysis' while awake.

My interest is in what exactly happens in the brain during these attacks..which apparently no scientist at the time could tell me..

And clearly for some of the people who I interveiwed the experience was very real..they werent making it up...they genuinely believed what they claimed..and from a piont of veiw they probably did experience in the brain what they claimed..so they werent necessarily lying or trying to deceive anyone

Whether Farrent was or was not I do know..I said his account seemed to me 'Credible'

Thats it.

Pirate

Sorry but my dyslexia gets worst when I post at speed..

Comment

Dear God (Horned or otherwise!) I have yet (and I've had enough years of reading some!) to read such a load of gratuitous,badly 'researched' bol****s! -OK what's the point of it all-

At least a good old 'Bisexual Satanist Vicar in Nazi Alien Massage Horror' in the News of the World has a certain charm!-

The cat 'thing' aside...which it would probably be wise for me to avoid (apart from total and utter disgust- which I would bracket with ignorant yobs tying fireworks to animals)- This person is to my mind not worthy of board space- I hope I'm not taken poorly- I may be subjected to the tender charms of a sexually inept satanist hospital porter!

Hmmmmmmmmm In the interests of wanting to stay a member of Casebook,which- although we can all come up with some amazing toot-'credible' or otherwise, is usually worth web space of some description- I'll shut up now.

Suzi
                            Last edited by Suzi; 08-20-2008, 02:50 PM.
                            'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Let's look at the facts:

HVA has massive hatred for Farrant. He's obsessed like a pathetic teenage boy turned down for the prom and determined to post as many "bad" things about him as he can all over the internet.

HVA thinks poor Sean Manchester has just been done wrong by Farrant and his crew. Even though Manchester, by all appearances is the same kind of nutter as farrant.

Anyone want to add two plus two here?

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
                                Hold on..I said what David Farrent discribe in that interview was credible.

I have no idea if at another time he discribed it as a Mr Blobby look alike, with a stetson hat driving a Morris Minor...

What he claim he saw, to me, in that interview, seemed consistent with other sitings from other people I interviewed independently..

And I would also say consistent with some of the symtoms discribed in legend as the 'Old Hag' and also consistant with symptems discribed in Science as 'Sleep Paralysis' and in very rare occassions as Hypnopompic Hallusination. 'Sleep paralysis' while awake.

My interest is in what exactly happens in the brain during these attacks..which apparently no scientist at the time could tell me..

And clearly for some of the people who I interveiwed the experience was very real..they werent making it up...they genuinely believed what they claimed..and from a piont of veiw they probably did experience in the brain what they claimed..so they werent necessarily lying or trying to deceive anyone
                                Sorry, I mean no disrespect, but can you suggest a reason why multiple unrelated people either passing by or through Highgate Cemetery at night, and others inside homes nearby, would all experience spontaneous "sleep paralysis while awake" and hypnopompic hallucination, which you admit is "very rare"? Seems it would have to be something inherent in the place, not the people.

Comment

Working...
                                X