Cursed objects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
    I think it's pretty well known that inanimate objects hate us, and will try to embarrass, maim or even kill us at every opportunity

- Ginger

Comment

It's interesting that as humans, even with education and science, we still carry a fear of the unknown and a bit of superstition from our earliest time on this planet. A study of religious people and atheists showed that atheists were reluctant to call down God's wrath upon themselves and loved ones. I'm not so sure that we can conclude from this that atheists have more doubt than they are willing to let on. I think it is more indicative of human nature in general. Take a scientist who is completely adamant that ghosts do not exist. He might not be so eager to spend a night by himself in a supposedly haunted house. Or a doctor who knows where plague comes from might not be so eager to challenge the universe to give it to him right then and there. It's just human nature.

As for myself, I do throw salt over my left shoulder if I spill some. Silly, but why take a chance?

c.d.

Comment

Working...
      X