Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move to Murder: Who Killed Julia Wallace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
    Hi Abby,

We have to weigh up who would have been more likely to take the weapon away. Wallace or a sneak thief?

There’s no obvious reason that Wallace might have taken away the weapon. My own suggestion is that he might have felt that with no weapon at the scene that it might suggest to the police that the killer brought his own weapon with him and therefore wouldn’t have wanted to leave it at the scene. Also the murder of his wife, in his own Parlour with a weapon from his own fire grate might point the police toward a domestic murder.

In the Accomplice theory Rod has the killer wearing gloves. This is logical of course - he wouldn’t have wanted to leave prints. But it follows then that the accomplice would have worn gloves when committing the murder. And so with no prints on a weapon that could have in no way been connected to him there’s no reason at all why the killer would have taken it away with him.

Therefore, on balance, the missing weapon points to Wallace more than anyone else.
    agree.

Im also wondering(if guilty) if he thought no one would notice the missing rod and poker.

who first brings up these missing items? did Wallace or someone else?

Comment

• Sarah Draper, the charlady, discovered them missing the day after the murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by RodCrosby View Post
        Sarah Draper, the charlady, discovered them missing the day after the murder.
        thanks Rod
        Interesting. what do you make of it?

why would an intruder, if murder was intended or not, not bring a weapon?

and use something he found there?

and take it away?

Comment

• hi Rod

so according to your idea-parry set up the whole thing and had an accomplice go to the house to burgle-no murder intended correct?

if this is correct-what was the plan on how to deal with Julia?

hope she was gone too?

just knock her out?

hold her at bay and or force her to show where valuables were kept?

Comment

• I don't think murder was intended, Abby.

It looks spontaneous.

And there is a good reason why it might be, looking at the rest of the crime scene.

You might take the weapon away for protection/offense.

You might encounter someone (else?) blocking your escape.

Comment

• hi rod

Originally posted by RodCrosby View Post
              I don't think murder was intended, Abby.

It looks spontaneous.

And there is a good reason why it might be, looking at the rest of the crime scene.

You might take the weapon away for protection/offense.

You might encounter someone (else?) blocking your escape.
              ok thanks

from my earlier post (not sure if you saw):

hi Rod

so according to your idea-parry set up the whole thing and had an accomplice go to the house to burgle-no murder intended correct?

hope she was gone too?

just knock her out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                hi Rod

hope she was gone too?

just knock her out?

Yes, Abby.
                Talk his way in, then talk his way out, after obtaining the ONE thing he had come for...

My own grandmother, then in her eighties and living about 4 miles from Wolverton Street had similar encounters with "visitors" and intruders, once being threatened with her own poker...
                Last edited by RodCrosby; 12-04-2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

hi Rod

hope she was gone too?

just knock her out?

Rod’s theory is that the accomplice posed as Qualtrough. After Wallace left he turns up at the house saying that he had an appointment to see Wallace. Julia tells him that William has gone to MGE to see him. Therefore there has been a mix up. Qualtrough asks to come in and wait for William to return.

This of course relies on Wallace telling Julia the details of his nights business. Julia took no interest in William’s work so how could Parry even expect Wallace to do this? He might simply have said “I have to go out on business.”

On the other thread Rod called Parry a clever planner. I ask you, is this the work of a clever planner? A plan reliant on a huge slice of luck or the plan fails. Even if he had been lucky and Wallace had given Julia the details she still might not have been willing to let him in. A man that she didn’t know, at night time, when she was alone in the house.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• False logic, as I have demonstrated many times.

Comment

Yes, Abby.
                      Talk his way in, then talk his way out, after obtaining the ONE thing he had come for...

My own grandmother, then in her eighties and living about 4 miles from Wolverton Street had similar encounters with "visitors" and intruders, once being threatened with her own poker...
                      thanks Rod
                      the one thing being what was in the cash box correct?

what do you mean talk his way out?

was he going to try and burgle while she was there-unbeknownst to her he was burgling?

or was the plan to hold her at bay and or force her to show him where what he was after hidden?

Comment

False logic, as I have demonstrated many times.
                        No you haven’t.

Perfectly logical as anyone unblinkered can see.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                          Rod’s theory is that the accomplice posed as Qualtrough. After Wallace left he turns up at the house saying that he had an appointment to see Wallace. Julia tells him that William has gone to MGE to see him. Therefore there has been a mix up. Qualtrough asks to come in and wait for William to return.

This of course relies on Wallace telling Julia the details of his nights business. Julia took no interest in William’s work so how could Parry even expect Wallace to do this? He might simply have said “I have to go out on business.”

On the other thread Rod called Parry a clever planner. I ask you, is this the work of a clever planner? A plan reliant on a huge slice of luck or the plan fails. Even if he had been lucky and Wallace had given Julia the details she still might not have been willing to let him in. A man that she didn’t know, at night time, when she was alone in the house.
                          totally see this point.

Comment

• He knew where the cash-box was.

Rifle it while her back was turned.

Then have some reason to make his excuses and leave.

The robbery would not be discovered until Wallace returned.

That was the plan. Except he messed up, with deadly consequences.

Comment

totally see this point.
                              I thought Parry knew her quite well, so would be in a good position to judge what degree of work detail she discussed with her husband and what someone should say to gain admittance.

Originally posted by RodCrosby View Post
                              He knew where the cash-box was.
                              I thought a cabinet was broken into. Doesn't that indicate this was done as part of a search before the cash box was found?

Comment

Why not read a bit more, then come back and tell us what you know, instead of what you don't know?
                                I do know it by the way. Amy said that Wallace was condescending towards Julia.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                                X