JFK Assassination Documents to be released this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
    Surely the Dr. Pepper machine was in the lunch room on the 2nd floor? Jarman is clearly very keen to disassociate himself from the Dr. Pepper bottle found on the 6th floor hence, I suspect, his mistake.
    His mistake? The second floor lunch room contained a Coca Cola machine.

Comment

• Not for the first time I discover I have spent time re-inventing the wheel.

The issue of the soda drink machine or machines has been covered by several others. The LG theorists claim that there was a Dr. Pepper machine on the 1st floor near the rear stairs and this was the machine referred to by Jarman. Since several witnesses described going up to the second floor to use the cola machine inside the lunchroom it was wrongly assumed that only one machine was inside the TSBD. It has also been claimed that Buell Frazier (some years later) remembered the Dr. Pepper machine on the first floor being next to a refrigerator. If this is true then the WC missed an opportunity to undermine Oswald's reasons for being on the 2nd floor when confronted by Marrion Baker. Oswald had nothing in his hands according to either Baker or Truly and, devastatingly, was known to be a Dr. Pepper drinker! Case closed methinks.

Some claim that a Dr. Pepper machine is visible in photos of the 1st floor taken for the WC although I can't quite see that myself; it looks rather 'Badgeman' to my failing eyesight. And if there was a refrigerator on the 1st floor why did some workers leave their lunches on the window sill in the Domino Room?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post
        * A bullet that magically curves to miss JFK, magically starts tumbling in midair, and magically curves again to hit Connally in the back.
        If Connally was actually struck when he himself said he thought he was, then more magic was needed, Fiver. The bullet striking him followed a downward trajectory and slightly from Connally's right to left, while he held his hand & wrist above the point of exit and to the right of it.

"You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
        Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post
          Connally and his wife were quite definite that he was not hit by the same bullet as one that hit Kennedy.

Your argument is as much with him as it is with me.
          Are you assuming Connally saw the president getting hit then, PI?

"You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
          Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankO View Post

Connally heard the shot that hit the President AFTER the President had actually been hit, and at a time when he himself had not been hit, and that, as he pointed out, means that they were definitely hit by separate bullets.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankO View Post
              Hi Frank,

Connolly said he didn't see the President but his wife said she turned and saw the President clutching his throat and then saw the reaction as the second bullet hit her husband.

John and Nellie Connally recall John F. Kennedy's assassination quite clearly in this interview, as they were in the car with the President. Connally, then g...

Cheers, George
              Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.​ - LOTR

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. - Bladerunner

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

• Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

Hi Frank,

Connolly said he didn't see the President but his wife said she turned and saw the President clutching his throat and then saw the reaction as the second bullet hit her husband.

John and Nellie Connally recall John F. Kennedy's assassination quite clearly in this interview, as they were in the car with the President. Connally, then g...

Cheers, George

And note that during that interview, as in the press conferences he gave in 1963, when Connally mentioned the first shot he meant one that hit Kennedy in the back, by second shot he meant one that hit him, and by third shot he meant the one that caused the President's head to explode.

He did not mention the very first shot, which missed the limousine altogether, nor the throat shot.

There have got to be more than three shots.

(Roy Kellerman, Warren Commission testimony, Volume II, page 78).

Comment

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
                  It's a pretty good description of a guy nicknamed 'Shorty' and a great deal more accurate than any ID witnesses of Oswald. The stumbling point remains: how did Oswald know that Jarman and Norman passed through the domino room shortly before the assassination?[/SIZE]​
                  Harold Norman's nickname was Hank, not Shorty. Pictures show Norman was about the same height as Jarman, not unusually short.

Oswald was lying when he said Jarman and Norman passed through the domino room shortly before the assassination.

Harman and Norman did not pass through the domino room shortly before the assassination. Norman's testimony is that he and Jarman went outside around 12:00 to 12:10.​​ Jarman's testimony is that he re-entered the building with Harold Norman between 12:20 and 12:25, then took the elevator up to the 5th floor.

Jarman testified that he ate his lunch while walking around on the first floor, not in the domino room.

Norman ate his luinch in the domino room. He didn't see Oswald.
                  Troy West said he ate lunch in the domino room. He didn't see Oswald.
                  Danny Acre said he ate lunch in the domino room. He didn't see Oswald.
                  Jack Dougherty said he ate lunch in the domino room. He didn't see Oswald.
                  And Oswald claimed he had been alone, somehow failing to see West, Acre, and Dougherty.​
                  "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

How do you know that Oswald was known to have been in the building at the time of the shooting?
                    If Oswald was outside the building he would have had an alibi. Yet out of all the things he denied, Oswald never denied being inside the building.

Oswald claimed to be inside, in the domino room - a claim that is contradicted by the testimony of Jarman, Norman, West, Acre, and Dougherty.

Lets apply simple logic here. Which is more likely - Oswald was lying or Jarman, Norman, West, Acre, and Dougherty were lying.
                    "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

If Oswald was outside the building he would have had an alibi. Yet out of all the things he denied, Oswald never denied being inside the building.

Oswald claimed to be inside, in the domino room - a claim that is contradicted by the testimony of Jarman, Norman, West, Acre, and Dougherty.

Lets apply simple logic here. Which is more likely - Oswald was lying or Jarman, Norman, West, Acre, and Dougherty were lying.

You take Oswald's claim that he was having lunch at the time of the assassination to be proof that he was in the building at the time of the assassination even though you deny he was having lunch?!

I repeat my question:

How do you know that Oswald was known to have been in the building at the time of the shooting?​

Comment

Oswald was lying when he said Jarman and Norman passed through the domino room shortly before the assassination.

I don't see how you can substantiate the above statement.

Comment

His weight, according to his arrest record in November 1963, was 131 lbs.?
                          Oswald gave his weight as 140 pounds, not 131. 131 is lower than his weight when he enlisted in the Marines when he was a teen.

Comment

I don't see how you can substantiate the above statement.
                            ​​

Comment

​​

I am applying simple logic!

You say Oswald was lying when he said he was having lunch in the building at the time of the shooting.

How do you know that Oswald was known to have been in the building at the time of the shooting?​​
                              Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 04-14-2023, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Oswald gave his weight as 140 pounds, not 131. 131 is lower than his weight when he enlisted in the Marines when he was a teen.

On page 79 of Jesse Curry's book, Assassination File, there is a copy of Oswald's arrest report.

His weight is recorded as 131 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X