JFK Assassination Documents to be released this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
    Mark Lane was allowed to address the Warren commission and in judicial language explained why the WC was (to quote Bob Dylan in another context) a 'pig circus.'

If it is the Commission's position that this is not a trial in any respect, and therefore Oswald is not entitled to counsel, that is the position with which I would like to respectfully offer a dissent.
    The fact that Oswald is not going to have a real trial flows only from his death, and he is not responsible with that having taken place. Every right belonging to an American citizen charged with a crime was taken from him up to and including his life……..
    ...I suggest that it is not the function of the trying body to appoint counsel, or the jury to appoint counsel, but in our society it is just the reverse; it is the function of defense counsel to participate in determining who the jury should be.

If Mark Lane told me what my name was I’d go and dig out my birth certificate before believing him.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

Mr. BELIN. Where do you remember seeing the shells?
      Mr. CRAIG They were laying on the-uh-well, as you’re facing the window
      Mr. BELIN. As you are facing the window and you’re looking south?
      Mr. CRAIG. The southeast corner window and you’re looking south, the shells would be on your right and back away from the window, as I recall, about a foot.
      Mr. BELIN. Do you recall any of the shells right up against the wall at allor, don’t you recall?
      Mr. CRAIG). No: I don’t: I didn’t look that close.
      Mr. BELIN. How many shells did you see there?
      Mr. CRAIG. I saw three.
      Can you read?

Ive just made two long post exposing Craig as a liar and a fantasist. Using actual evidence. Plus the opinions of Weisberg, Ferrell and three people that worked with him. Anything that Craig ever said has to be considered in that light. As tripe.

We can add him to Ed Hoffman, Beverley Oliver, Charles Crenshaw and Dr. McClelland.

Top quality witnesses you conspiracy theorists use. Then you have to try a denigrate blatantly honest, respectable ones like Buell Frazier and Ruth Paine.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• The quality of the points being made by the conspiracy theorists are actually getting worse even though I wouldn’t have thought it possible. Not only are they too cowardly to actually address points and answer questions they rely on witnesses that you wouldn’t trust to count your legs. They endlessly nitpick in their little safe spaces wittering on about angles and trajectories (because they know that these points can safely be disputed forever without ever having to think) but can’t answer a single point that disproves utterly the preposterous suggestion of a conspiracy. Then to cap it off, after squealing ‘fake’ and ‘forgery’ at everything they don’t like) they have to stoop to character assassinations.

Its beyond weak. The idea that there was a conspiracy is a proven joke.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by cobalt View Post
          Kellerman was not a very helpful witness for the WC. By this time his 'flurry' of shells has been downgraded to two shots but Kellerman is very careful in his wording. And he is clearly telling the world that shots were fired in very close succession.

Specter. Now, in your prior testimony you described a flurry of shells into the car. How many shots did you hear after the first noise which you described as sounding like a firecracker?

Mr. Kellerman. Mr. Specter, these shells came in all together.

Mr. Specter. Are you able to say how many you heard?

Mr. Kellerman. I am going to say two, and it was like a double bang — bang, bang.

Mr. Specter. You mean now two shots in addition to the first noise?

Mr. Kellerman. Yes, sir ; yes, sir ; at least………

…..Specter. Mr. Kellerman, you said earlier that there were at least two additional shots. Is there any area in your mind or possibility, as you recollect that situation, that there could have been more than two shots, or are you able to say with any certainty?

Mr. Kellerman. I am going to say that I have, from the firecracker report and the two other shots that I know, those were three shots. But, Mr. Specter, if President Kennedy had from all reports four wounds. Governor Connally three, there have got to be more than three shots, gentlemen.

Senator Cooper. What is that answer? What did he say?

Mr. Specter. Will you repeat that, Mr. Kellerman?

Mr. Kellerman. President Kennedy had four wounds, two in the head and shoulder and the neck. Governor Connally, from our reports, had three. There have got to be more than three shots.

Notice the question the WC did not ask: from which direction Kellerman thought the shots had come.
          Thanks for the post cobalt. The Kennedy wounds are corroborated by his autopsy, but I can't see how Connolly could have more than two shots hit him, unless the thigh wound was a ricochet.

Cheers, George
          Last edited by GBinOz; 03-17-2023, 12:00 AM.
          They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
          Out of a misty dream
          Our path emerges for a while, then closes
          Within a dream.
          Ernest Dowson - Vitae Summa Brevis​

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

• Please see my reply below.

Originally posted by cobalt View Post

Mr. Kellerman. Mr. Specter, these shells came in all together.

Mr. Specter. Are you able to say how many you heard?

Mr. Kellerman. I am going to say two, and it was like a double bang — bang, bang.

Mr. Specter. You mean now two shots in addition to the first noise?

Mr. Kellerman. Yes, sir ; yes, sir ; at least………

Mr. GREER. The last two seemed to be just simultaneously, one behind the other, but I don’t recollect just how much, how many seconds were between the two. I couldn’t really say. Mr. SPECTER.

Mr. Hickey. I heard two reports which I thought were shots and that appeared to me completely different in sound than the first report and were in such rapid succession that there seemed to be practically no time element between them.

... there was a bang [and then a few seconds later] and then there was bang! bang! - very close together.

(Robert MacNeil, Canadian journalist)

... one shot, then a pause, and then two shots in very close order ... almost on top of each other.

(Lee Bowers)

... the second two [shots] seemed to be simultaneously.

(Seymour Weitzman)

The second two shots were immediate. It was almost as if one were an echo of the other. They came so quickly, the sound of one did not cease until the second shot.

(Mary Woodward, Dallas Morning News)

I heard one. Then there was a little bit of time and then there were two real fast bullets together.

(Linda Willis, one of the eyewitnesses closest to the assassination)

The last two shots could not have been fired from the same rifle.

That means there was more than one gunman.

That means there was a conspiracy.

Comment

• Nothing that Kellerman said or did is of any real relevance.​..

... the conspiracy theorists [here] ... rely on witnesses that you wouldn’t trust to count your legs.

​Says the man who has been posing as chief defender of Kellerman's character.
              Last edited by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1; 03-17-2023, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• Lee Bowers: I heard three shots. One, then a slight pause, then two very close together.

Bowers also reported seeing two men standing near the picket fence on the
                grassy knoll. He added: "These men were the only two strangers in the area. The others were workers whom I knew." Bowers said the two men were there while the shots were fired.

Strange that he didn't see the Pullman Dining car behind the picket fence.​

Last edited by GBinOz; 03-17-2023, 02:22 AM.
                Out of a misty dream
                Within a dream.

Comment

Lee Bowers: I heard three shots. One, then a slight pause, then two very close together.

Bowers also reported seeing two men standing near the picket fence on the
                  grassy knoll. He added: "These men were the only two strangers in the area. The others were workers whom I knew." Bowers said the two men were there while the shots were fired.

Strange that he didn't see the Pullman Dining car behind the picket fence.​

https://spartacus-educational.com/JFKbowers.htm

Thanks for bringing Bowers' testimony to my attention.

I was quoting from his interview by Mark Lane in the documentary Rush to Judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR 1 View Post

You have reproduced a photograph of a light grey jacket, apparently claiming that it was Oswald's.

Callaway claimed that Oswald was wearing a light brown jacket.

It is beyond me how you can think that Callaway's evidence was not problematic and could have been used against Oswald when there is no evidence that Oswald even owned a light jacket.
                    Marina Oswald identified the light jacket as belonging to her husband. It was found in the packing lot behind the garage on the route Oswald took between killing officer Tippett and the theater where he tried to kill officer McDonald.
                    "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• Originally posted by Fiver View Post

Marina Oswald identified the light jacket as belonging to her husband. It was found in the packing lot behind the garage on the route Oswald took between killing officer Tippett and the theater where he tried to kill officer McDonald.

Marina Oswald was in custody and pressured to make all kinds of incriminating statements.

She now states categorically that Oswald was innocent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

A photo of the said jacket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FF85F7C0-470C-41E0-BB14-86C76ED2639D.gif
Views:	359
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	805199

From a website dedicated entirely to the murder of JD Tippit.

“Oswald was last seen cutting through a parking lot behind a Texaco Service station two blocks from the shooting scene. A gray zipper jacket was found there by police​.”
                        Thanks for sharing. The only picture I'd been able to find was in black and white, though that does show that even a colorblind person would not describe the jacket as brown.

This color pic also shows how different people seeing it for a few seconds in a highly stressful situation might describe it as gray, tan, or white.
                        "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

• I refer to witnesses' descriptions of Tippit's killer given in # 1005.

One witness said he was short and stocky with bushy hair, another that he had curly hair and a ruddy complexion, another that he had black wavy hair with a white jacket, another that he had dark hair with a sport coat, another that he was aged no more than 20 years, another that he was wearing a darkish-brown jacket, and another that he was aged about 30.

That makes seven witnesses who gave descriptions of the murderer which cannot be descriptions of Oswald.

At about the time of the Tippit shooting, he was buying popcorn in a movie theater, according to a member of the theater's staff.

Oswald did not murder Tippit.

Comment

• The evidence presented here:
                            A detailed biography of Roger Dean Craig that includes images, quotations and the main facts of his life. The Assassination of John F. Kennedy. Last updated on 20th February, 2020.

shows Craig in an entirely different light to the cowardly attack perpetrated by our resident serial character assassin.

I wonder why a man who owned two pistols would buy a shotgun solely for the purpose of committing suicide.
                            Out of a misty dream
                            Within a dream.

Comment

Hi Frank,

Click image for larger version  Name:	Throat-1.jpg Views:	30 Size:	124.5 KB ID:	806064

Click image for larger version  Name:	Back5.jpg Views:	30 Size:	139.9 KB ID:	806065

Looking at the autopsy front sheet, the witness descriptions, the holes in the shirt and coat and the description of the location as the third thoracic vertebrae, I remain unconvinced that the hole was in the back of the neck. All the Parkland doctors that commented on the throat wound described it as an entry wound at the time.

Myers said that the flap of the lapel and the sudden erratic movements occurred between 223 and 240 and therefore the hit must have occurred within those frames. I've looked repeatedly at frames 240 to 270 and I can't see any indication of the distress of a man who had been shot through the chest and having had his wrist smashed.

I had already watched the South Australian re-enactment, and I have read other experiments using gelatine, but those conducted at the time with goats and human cadavers are the most relevant. The shooting through the wood was using Pine, which is very soft. The result would have been dramatically different had an Australia hardwood, such as Ironbark, been used. If CE 399 passed through Kennedy and Connolly smashing a rib and the hard bone in the wrist and came out nearly pristine, how could the head shot have caused the below damage and fragmentation?

Click image for larger version  Name:	MB-14.jpg Views:	29 Size:	152.4 KB ID:	806066

We'll have to agree to disagree at this stage, but that's not a problem. Put a hundred people in a room and there'll be disagreement, currently in a 60/40 ratio.

Best regards, George
                              Hi George,

Just a couple of remarks and then we’ll leave it at that, agreeing to disagree. No problem indeed.

I had been hoping that you, as an opponent to the SBT, would have had a good, clear and realistic idea of the origin and trajectory of a separate bullet striking Connally after the president was hit, but you don’t. For me, not believing the SBT should go hand in hand with such a good, clear and realistic idea.

Instead, you return to saying that don’t believe that there was a bullet hole at the base of the neck, because the face sheet and death certificate say that it wasn’t and holes in the president’s shirt and jacket possibly suggest otherwise. That’s fine, of course. I, on the other hand, stick to the autopsy report of 6 December 1963, for now, which suggests that the bullet hole in his body was at the level of T1, as it did not penetrate the right lung, but had passed just over it. A bullet at T3 would have gone through it.

All the best,
                              Frank

"You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                              Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

Bowers also reported seeing two men standing near the picket fence on the grassy knoll. He added: "These men were the only two strangers in the area. The others were workers whom I knew." Bowers said the two men were there while the shots were fired.
                                Doesn't get much more incriminating than that.

Also some comments from expert acoustic observers during the 1978 reenactment:

Perhaps most importantly, both primary observers were overwhelmed by those rifle shots originating from the grassy knoll. Those were very loud and unambiguous. We are convinced that had any rifle shots actually originated from the knoll area on the day of the assassination, the earwitnesses from that vicinity would have shown high confidence and high agreement about that fact. The fence on the grassy knoll was only a few meters to the right of the amateur photographer, A. Zapruder. Had a rifle shot actually originated from the grassy knoll, his startle response might well have knocked him sideways, off his perch on the pergola.

Comment

Working...
                                X