Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geddy2112
    replied
    I remember it well as I lived a few miles away, I presume you mean Nikki Allen?
    Lots of rumour at the time and 'we' were always led to believe the 'locals' got a bit too involved shall we say.
    A few years later there was the other horrible murder of Laura Kane from Penshaw, I can remember driving home from the football, it was a horrible horrible night and Sunderland beat Newcastle 2-1. I went to drop my friend off in Penshaw and the place was riddled with police, luckily the culprit is rotting in jail for this.
    On a slightly different note way back in the 80s an elderly woman was murdered in Houghton, around the corner from my house at the time and my friend and I 'sort of' discovered the body delivering newspapers, as a 15 year old it was rather a traumatic event. Sorry I went off on one there....

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood Mac
    started a topic Little Girl Murdered in Sunderland 1992

Little Girl Murdered in Sunderland 1992

I don't think this one has been mentioned on here.

In Sunderland, near my home town, a little girl was murdered in 1992.

With extreme brutality. She was stabbed 37 times and a brick was smashed over her head in a derelict building, and her shoes were left outside of the building for someone to find. A truly despicable crime.

The killer has not served justice to date.

At the time, the local loner was accused and he admitted his 'guilt' but only after the police led him down a path into confessing. Subsequently, the case was thrown out of court due to police procedure/actions being deemed to be suggestive to say the least. From the tapes, it is clear this man didn't have a clue how she had been killed, although his sister testified that he washed his clothes in the early hours of the morning, which was unusual for him, and he had claimed to have not known the little girl - in actual fact he had known her. He had to leave the area, no one knows where he is, and his solicitor had his premises firebombed by friends of the family.

Around the same time, a serial killer murdered 4 young lads, also in disused/derelict buildings in the same area. He was arrested for the murder of the girl last year on the back of a new lead, but was released with a statement that 'he faced no immediate further questioning'.

We don't really get serial killers 'round here, so for one to be doing the rounds is highly unusual; two lunatics doing the rounds is pretty much unheard of.

Unfortunately, it looks like a cowardly psychopath will escape the law this time.

Not many will have heard of this case because with it being a working class family it hasn't been in the public eye, but for anyone who cares to read it is interesting though horrific.
Working...
X