Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You old softie Mags!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    Suz x

A girl can NEVER have too many !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'s I say!!!
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Hello Magpie!

One or two exclamations, it's very good!

All the best
      Jukka
      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Hi Mags,

That is great. It especially strikes a chord with me because on Valentine's my husband bought a plain, white, heart-shaped balloon and, in blue marker, wrote some very touching words to me. I thought it was one of the most romantic things he had ever done. I have pictures of it, and I have the actual balloon, even though all the helium is gone. He gets me a balloon every year, but this one was the most special to me. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Best,

Cel
        "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

My little contribution!

I uploaded this sketch I did of Mary Jane before the black hole opened up and swallowed everything!
          Here it is again....

Countess xxx
          Attached Files

Comment

Here's another one....

This is my interpretation of how Catherine Eddowes would have looked...
            Attached Files

Comment

Want another one ?? !!

And, finally...I've completed Annie Chapman.

I'd love to know your opinions...

Countess xxx
              Attached Files

Comment

Almost forgot to say...

Sorry guys, Must add that everyone's work on here is really unique and everyone are talented artists here. I love individual interpretations, you can see the individual's personality, and that is what makes a piece of art work so special.

Enough babble !!

Countess xxx

Comment

Originally posted by countess bolsover View Post
                  Sorry guys, Must add that everyone's work on here is really unique
                  Yours, too, Countess. Nice to see them again.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Hello Countess!

Yes, Mary could have looked like that too... She seems to be different with different artists!

I like the firy eyes of CE!

But Annie Chapman I like the best!

All the best
                    Jukka
                    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Thanks Sam x

Thanks Jukka x

I think my fav has got to Mary Jane. She was my first, and she hangs proudly in a golden frame on my bedroom wall!

(I'm a little bit wierd )

Countess xxx

Comment

Hey all. Here is a painting that I did some computer art with. MJK

"Truth only reveals itself when one gives up all preconceived ideas. ~Shoseki

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Hello Blackkat!

Interesting and creepy at the same time;

I'd like to hear the view of those Casebook members, who blame us for romanticising MJK, meaning you have probably had the most realistic view here so far!

And yet, Jane Coram's portrait, despite being made after a careful research, portrays her in a different way...

Then, the part giving me the creeps; there is the following archi-type horror-story feeling; "Just a moment before she woke up shouting "Murder, oh murder..."

All the best
                          Jukka

Comment

Well thank you. When I was looking around the internet for a painting to add to, I just found that one and saved it. A few weeks later when I started to do so, I completely forgot who the painting was by - I know ... how rude of me. Anyhoo I found the painting and wanted to add the shadow and the liquor. I know the shadow's "hat" isn't the correct type of hat , but anyone who sees it here gets the gist of it.

Anyhoo it's just fun to mess around with photoshop sometimes. Thanks so much for the compliments though.

When one has one's hand full of truth it is not always wise to open it. ~French Proverb

Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized. In the first, it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident. ~Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Here's one I did a couple of months ago.

The Ghost of Jack the Ripper

Comment

Hi Countess, Well done on Annie. You made her a strong personality. I'm glad to see you've reposted the others.

Hi BK, Nice work. Thanks.

Best to you both,

Cel
                                "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Working...
                                X