Joke Suspect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joke Suspect

Pick a whacky suspect and make your case!

As for me, I believe PC Neil is JtR.

1. He was in Bucks Row and found the body.

2. He says he never saw Charles or Robert.

3. He could complete the murder on his beat and who would notice??

Ergo, PC Neil is JtR. Case closed.

O have you seen the devle
    with his mikerscope and scalpul
    a lookin at a Kidney
    With a slide cocked up.

If the victims bled out as fast as Christer Holgren claims, the PC Neil is the most likely suspect.
    "The full picture always needs to be given. When this does not happen, we are left to make decisions on insufficient information." - Christer Holmgren

"Unfortunately, when one becomes obsessed by a theory, truth and logic rarely matter." - Steven Blomer

Comment

I believe Charles Lechmere to be Jack The Ripper because..

1) Christer told me so in his compelling documentary and book.
      2) Ed Stow tells me so in his completely unbiased approach in his House of Lechmere videos.
      3) He always seemed to walk past the murder sites when someone was being murdered.
      4) He did not have any alibis
      5) He was a cunning master criminal and produced a ruse to trick Paul and Mizen to evade suspicion.
      6) He had a DeLorean with Flux capacitor to enable him to time travel.
      7) He was also the Torso Killer and more than likely killed every woman in the East End from 1870 to 1892.
      8) He had a documented hatred for women
      9) He had a criminal record
      10) He had a known propensity for extreme violence.
      11) He knew Jimmy Saville.

Comment

M.J. Trow actually models how easily this can be done in a piece entitled "The Way to Hell" in the Mammoth Book of Jack the Ripper.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
          M.J. Trow actually models how easily this can be done in a piece entitled "The Way to Hell" in the Mammoth Book of Jack the Ripper.
          I remember reading this over a decade ago! It was very well done, it had me!
          O have you seen the devle
          with his mikerscope and scalpul
          a lookin at a Kidney
          With a slide cocked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post
            Are you referring to the naming of Dr. Barnardo as the Ripper? If so, that was an excellently written piece, and it had me hook, line, and sinker! Until the very end. Just shows how biases, speculation, and twisting evidence to suit theories instead of vice versa can be a very slippery slope!

Comment

Originally posted by Holmes' Idiot Brother View Post

Are you referring to the naming of Dr. Barnardo as the Ripper? If so, that was an excellently written piece, and it had me hook, line, and sinker! Until the very end. Just shows how biases, speculation, and twisting evidence to suit theories instead of vice versa can be a very slippery slope!
              Dr Barnardo remains a person of interest nonetheless.

He saw Stride days before her death after his speech in the kitchen of the lodging house she was residing at after she had just split from Kidney a day or so beforehand.
              Barnardo even chose to go to the mortuary to identify Stride; for reasons only he knew.
              He also appeared in court many times; having been accused of abducting children without the parents knowledge or consent.
              Such was his sociopathic and narcissistic mindset; that he pleaded guilty and yet still walked away from the court a free man.
              He used Philanthropy to conceal his darker side; as did other key "philanthropic" individuals like Booth who was also charged of child abduction; allegedly as part of an organised child extortion network that spread to Paris.

Barnardo even remarked that he had actioned the taking of children as a means to an end and was all in the name of Philanthropy.

Barnardo also assaulted a young woman after she had tried to unsuccessfully protect her father from being mobbed by a group of "Barnardo's Boys" on the orders of Barnardo himself.

There is some evidence of psychopathy...

He was a narcissist
              He was a sociopath
              He had an inflated sense of self worth
              He was known to be arrogant
              He had a complex and disruptive childhood
              He thought he was above the law
              He disliked people disobeying him
              He used Philanthropy as a guise to mask a multitude of intentions
              At the time of the Ripper murders, he wasn't even a qualified doctor. He quit his studies and lied about his qualifications; although he did have anatomical and surgical knowledge through the studies that he did undertake as a student surgeon at...The London Hospital in Whitechapel.

But I digress...this isn't a Barnardo thread after all.

To label him a joke suspect is to underestimate his potential as a viable suspect.

Now if we were talking about someone Joseph Merrick, then that would constitute a true joke suspect.

Joseph was known for his gentile nature and kindness and there is literally no chance he could have been the Ripper.

So...Joseph Merrick is my choice of joke suspect

We got there in the end

Haha

RD
              "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Excellent points! He does seem a very sinister character, indeed. At this point, I wouldn't be very much surprised WHO the Ripper was, as it could just as easily be almost anyone.

But my vote for Joke Suspect has to go to Lewis Carrol aka the Rev. Charles Dodgson. I read the book "Light-Hearted Friend" and was just gobsmacked at the absurdity. Only Cornwell's book rivals it for sheer incompetence and lunacy.

Comment

I'm pretty sure we can rule Dr Barnardo out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	barnardo-dundee.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	835171
                  ​​​​​​​
                  Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
                  JayHartley.com

Comment

Originally posted by erobitha View Post
                    I'm pretty sure we can rule Dr Barnardo out.

Name:	barnardo-dundee.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	835171
                    ​​​​​​​
                    Excellent

I was aware that Barnardo was scheduled to visit Scotland at some point in September 88, but the report I read was different; I would need to check my notes.

The clincher would be...

A) a subsequent newspaper report that perhaps describes the event AFTER it happened; ergo, it still went ahead and Barnardo did in fact attend as stated here.

B) If he did attend and the event went ahead as advertised, then to confirm the journey time involved from London to Dundee in 1888 would have made it impossible for him to have killed Chapman and then caught the morning train up north.

RD
                    "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

The clincher would be...

A) a subsequent newspaper report that perhaps describes the event AFTER it happened; ergo, it still went ahead and Barnardo did in fact attend as stated here.
                      With apologies for the poor quality, this is from page 2 of The Courier and Argus newspaper, published in Dundee on September 10th, 1888:

Name:	Dr. Barnardo in Dundee - The Courier and Argus  (Dundee) - 10 Sept. 1888 - page 2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	835196

Comment

Working...
                      X