Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bergman's Magic Flute

Hi all-
    We've lost our version of the best MF in the world and can only get one for region 1 DVD- Has anyone got one they could lend/give??? Sam???
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

I'm afraid I don't have a copy, Suzi. You ought to be able to play a Region 1 DVD on your PC, and although that's not quite the same as watching it on the telly. I have a DVD of the Jonathan Miller/Eric Idle Mikado with which I'm similarly compromised, but it's better than nowt.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Cheers Gareth
      Have just PM'd you xxx

I've got a few region 1 thingys- 'The Vagina Monologues' being one- but as you say- it ain't the same!!!!!

Comment

Gawd Mr Q a tad complex for Hanney Minor there- Have ordered a VCR (remember them) as it seems the only way fwd for a vast amount of tuck (!) money!!!
        Hugs (As long as Matron's not around!)
        Have to get to my dorm now - some wag's used all mi baccy!!!....all's well in the arms of Morpheus!

Comment

Hi Suzi,

I've got a Trevor James flute, but its only claim to being magic is that I can't get a bloody tune out of it...

By the way, your line, "Would you like to see my African curiosities?" was not spoken by Sherlock Holmes himself, but by Leon Sterndale in 'The Lion's Mane'. We'll have no Holmesian misquotes here.

Cheers,

Graham
          We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

He heeeeeeee Jeremy Brett quoth that just now on the tele and it made me

Sorted!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
              He heeeeeeee Jeremy Brett quoth that just now on the tele and it made me

Sorted!!!!

Hi Suzi (and any other Sherlockians who may be listening-in:

Here's a good 'un for you: What is unique in the Holmes canon about the story "The Lion's Mane"?

Cheers,

Graham
              We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

I'll have a guess ; it's the only one where Holmes narrates.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  I'll have a guess ; it's the only one where Holmes narrates.
                  Correct!! Well done!! Take the rest of the day off!

Cheers,

Graham

Comment

Well almost unique. Holmes also narrates "The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier".

Comment

Come to think of it, doesn't he also narrate The Gloria Scott?

Comment

The "Gloria Scott" is one of Watson's, but much of the plot is recounted in a Holmesian monologue.

Comment

Got it!

Coming on DVD xx.....£30!!!!!!! aaaaaaaagh!

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                            Well almost unique. Holmes also narrates "The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier".
                            I hang my head in shame for forgetting this Adventure, but not too much shame, because according to the great Holmesian scholar G Martin Dakin this story is a forgery anyway.

Elementary.

Graham

Comment

Working...
                            X