Jane Coram's pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi RR
    Yep I know what you mean about 'collaging' I'm still fiddling around with the watercolour/drawings too though
    Suz
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	rip3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	659984

Click image for larger version

Name:	rip5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	659985
      Suz x

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
        Hi RR
        Yep I know what you mean about 'collaging' I'm still fiddling around with the watercolour/drawings too though
        Suz
        I'm no good at drawing ! I did paint for a while, but I didn't keep it up, so I didn't get the practise. After that, I got frustrated at the fact that I couldn't reproduce the images in my mind..and découpage allowed me to do that.

Added to which I used to do patchwork quilting as a child, and then I like those portuguese and spanish 'Azulejo' tiles, so I guess that making one big strong image from assembling fragments must be something that naturally attracts me..I'm dying to try mosaiic on the rises of my stairs , for instance..!!
        (maybe you've inspired me ,Suzi, to try one stair with an abstract 'Ripper' theme !! lots of black and red obviously, and piercing white light and bits of colour for the 5 canonical victims ? a dark green for Kate's skirt, a brilliant irish green for MJK, a 'blonde' or pale blue for swedish Liz...I'll have to think about Polly and Annie. Something ominous , amorphous and slate grey for Jack).
        http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Gorgeous colours Suzi---remarkable paintings these----bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
            Gorgeous colours Suzi---remarkable paintings these----bravo!
            Awwww cheers Nats....have just been taking pics of them and printed 'em off through a printer where the colours ailing- they're seriosly odd- look like a butchers shop (Oddly) will take some pics!

RR really intersting thoughts there- DO IT!!!!

Suz x

Comment

Right!! finally found where they're lurking!

Comment

OK watching tele for a mo- resizing everything as I do.....

Comment

Ooh, shades of Chagall there in that last one, Suzi. Lovely stuff
                  best,

claire

Comment

Have put them up on my facebook page for the mo- will resize them later to put up here

Comment

• Hello Suzi,

Super paintings indeed! One wonders just how much talent is hidden in these boards!
                      Thank you so much for sharing these with us.

best wishes

Phil
                      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                      Accountability? ....

Comment

• Hi Suzi,

I particularly love the one of Buck's Row in with the Durward Street splash across it. (The fourth one down on the first lot you posted). I remember the one you did of Mary and Mrs Maxwell for Bob Hinton's article in Rip and I really loved that one as well. I think sometimes a particular image just grabs you for no particular reason, but you just take a fancy to it.

Well done anyway, keep them coming.

I want to see some more from our Natalie as well, who is a wonderful artist.

Much love

Janie

xxxx
                        I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

• Hi,

I'm struggling a bit with Kidney because I've not got anything to use for reference for his face muscles really. Working from a sketch, I'm having to make it up, and I am getting there, but I really could use a good photo to use to guide me a bit. I might have to grab a neighbour and make them pose for me. My old man's got a beard, so he's no good!

Here's where I'm at so far, but it's still got a long way to go. I'll keep plodding on until I get it right. I've still got his tache and clothes to do as well, so quite a bit more work to be done on it, but I won't give up. It doesn't really look that much like him yet either, he needs some twiddles on his nose and eyes and to be 'roughed up' a bit as he looks to clean and tidy and not nearly frazzled enough!

Hugs

Janie

xxxx
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Jane Coram; 08-03-2010, 04:06 AM.
                          I'm not afraid of heights, swimming or love - just falling, drowning and rejection.

Comment

• Hi Janey
                            Gawd! Went to look for the Mrs M's and can I find 'em - can I ****!!!! On the case now- although good sense says get some zzzzzzzz!!!
                            Mega hugs

Suz xxx

Comment

• Jane and Suzi,

I really love both of your art pieces; you are both very talented and gifted! (I am jealous! )
                              Cheers,
                              cappuccina

"Don't make me get my flying monkeys!"

Comment

• Hey Janey
                                Have you possibly got those Mrs M pics? Have looked everywhere for the digi ones and can't find the original either- Just to take on 'The Back Bedroom' to see what that yields! (scary thought!)

Suz xxxx

Comment

Working...
                                X