Ripperologist 146 - October 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, great points, Abby and Mike.

“I have read your last post several times, which unfortunately did seem to me to be a little incomprehensible at times.”
    Sorry to hear that, John. I thought I’d been reasonably clear and concise, but evidently not. I’ll briefly summarise the five paragraphs of my previous post, and we’ll try again to “identify the salient points”.

1) It’s completely circular to rule out “Aussie George” on the basis that Jack the Ripper’s crimes were very consistent. If Jack the Ripper was “Aussie George” then they weren’t. Simple as that.

2) Aussie George’s crimes and those of the ripper both belong in the “sexual” category, at least according to the experts whose work you cite, whereas Klosowski’s (for instance) don’t.

3) You don’t tend to acknowledge the evidence I provide in the form of known examples of offenders whose crimes spanned different ages and genders, nor do you provide any actual statistics to back up your assertion that such offenders are “exceptionally rare”.

4) I used the example of Nathaniel Code (and he was one in several, in fact) to counter your claim that Shawcross was “exceptionally rare” to target both woman and boys, and now, all of a sudden, you’re acquainted with that seldom discussed Louisiana serial case.

5) Fanciers of the discredited “Astrakhan man” as Kelly’s killer tend, from my experience, to be those who haven’t quite relinquished the outdated idea of the Ripper as a Dashing Doc in a top hat – or variations on that theme.

The problem is that you continue to misappropriate criminological buzzwords such as “signature”. You say, for instance: “are you seriously arguing that the crime signature of a flasher…”, but this makes absolutely no sense. A “signature” is a strictly personal calling card wherein the offender puts his personal, depraved stamp on a crime, just as our written signatures are unique to us. Since we are not in possession of any evidence to suggest that Aussie George put a personal stamp on his child abuse, it follows that his were not “signature” crimes.

Jack the Ripper had a crime signature, of course, but to apply it he needed a prostitute, her internal organs and a sharp knife. If, for whatever reason, these components were unavailable, or he wanted to “lie low”, or if there was something about the environment that prevented the efficient commission of that type of crime, there was nothing physically preventing him from committing a different type of sexual offense. It’s really rather silly to insist otherwise; akin to arguing that a professional javelin thrower would never go skiing.

Incidentally, I don’t accept the argument that the ripper focussed exclusively on “what makes women women”. Besides the uterus and the breasts (and there’s no evidence that the latter were especially prioritized), he also focussed on the non-gender-specific face, bladder, heart and kidneys. There is a good deal to be said for the argument that female prostitutes were targeted because they were the most readily available at that time and place. I’m not suggesting that women were not his victim type of preference, but on the other hand, pre-teen boys tended not to litter the streets of the East End at 2.00am.

“To summarize, tilt seems to me that your argument has narrowed to the issue of age and gender, I.e you simply argue that as some serial killer's target victims of both genders, and accross all age groups, then Aussie George cannot be ruled out as JtR. However, as I've pointed out they are not signature elements so happily such arguments can be views as incidental and can be safely discarded.”
    The only thing we discard – and “happily” at that - is your misapplication of the term “signature”. Since there is not the slightest evidence that the known crimes of “Aussie George” contained “signature elements”, I consider myself absolved of any necessity to explain what you erroneously regard as a huge “transformation”. The best you can argue is that the ripper demonstrated a consistent signature when he was murdering and eviscerating prostitutes.

Regards,
    Ben

P.S. Could those requesting evidence that this man was "ever" in the East End please try to understand that in order to have boarded the ship that took him to Australia, he had to have been in the East End, even if he’d taken the boat train from John O’Groats the night before departure.
    Last edited by Ben; 09-30-2015, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      actually Mike, its an excellent point really. Theres a lot of gray area. and its almost as much of an an art as it is a science-there are certainly no hard and fast rules like other branches of science.

There are scores of serial killers who have had boys, men, women, girls as victims, let alone ones who have employed differing MOs and evolving sigs.

To rule out candidates, like chapman and Aussie George,who otherwise have many other valid reasons to consider, but whos MO/sig/victim might differ from the WC victims, is just plain wrong headed.

To go strictly by the book on this way of thinking:

Rader couldn't have killed Mr.Ortega or his little girl
      Bundy couldn't have been the one to rampage in the sorority house
      kemper couldn't have killed his mother or grandparents
      Shawcross couldn't have killed any males
      Carl panzram couldn't have killed boys
      The boston strangler couldn't have gone back to raping women
      The beltway sniper couldn't have been the two black men
      The original night stalker couldn't have also been the Visalia ransacker
      Albert Fish couldn't have murdered those boys
      The Zodiac could not have killed the cab driver
      Nilsen never could have changed his MO
      ETC
      ETC
      ETC

To try to pin down or label or quantify the extremely complicateded mind of a serial killer is futile. theyre not robots, though im starting to think some posters way of thinking on here may be.
      A valiant effort, Abby - but letīs not stray too far from the focus we need to have on Aussie George.

If we take a really close look at him, precisely whay is it that purportedly makes him a red-hot candidate for the witnesses role - and the role of Jack the Ripper?

I think - correct me if I am wrong - that you have suggested that there may not even have been any sexual element involved in what the Ripper did. If so, then where is the connection to the flashing Aussie George made himself guilty of? Would it not be like comparing shoplifting to drunken driving? Or insurance fraud to physical assault?

The two types of crimes are worlds apart. One involves women and extreme physical violence. The other involves young boys and no physical violence at all.

If this was enough to make the connection, then we can easily deduct that ANY crime could equal any other crime. And that is not so, we know that, both of us.

So there has to be more.

And what is there? The name? It was a very common one.

No link to London and the East End has been established. No record of violent crime has been established. No likeness in signatures has been established. No confessing to the role of the Whitechapel witness has been established, no relative has commented on him in this respect. No other example can be found where a serial killer downgraded from extreme violence to no violence at all, changing gender on his target group in the process.

As for the name, we seemingly have a worldwide perspective, involving the other side of the globe. Just how many George Hutchinsons would the world have contained at that stage, who were of a viable age? And the viable age is not around 28 years only, since there is absolutely no evidence anywhere that the witness of Ripper fame WAS 28 years old. It is a myth. A viable age will stretch from below 20 to past 30 years of age. There must have been hundreds or even thousands of George Hutchinsons in that scope...

So once again: where is the link, Abby? I canīt see it.
      Last edited by Fisherman; 09-30-2015, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
        Yes, great points, Abby and Mike.

Sorry to hear that, John. I thought I’d been reasonably clear and concise, but evidently not. I’ll briefly summarise the five paragraphs of my previous post, and we’ll try again to “identify the salient points”.

1) It’s completely circular to rule out “Aussie George” on the basis that Jack the Ripper’s crimes were very consistent. If Jack the Ripper was “Aussie George” then they weren’t. Simple as that.

2) Aussie George’s crimes and those of the ripper both belong in the “sexual” category, at least according to the experts whose work you cite, whereas Klosowski’s (for instance) don’t.

3) You don’t tend to acknowledge the evidence I provide in the form of known examples of offenders whose crimes spanned different ages and genders, nor do you provide any actual statistics to back up your assertion that such offenders are “exceptionally rare”.

4) I used the example of Nathaniel Code (and he was one in several, in fact) to counter your claim that Shawcross was “exceptionally rare” to target both woman and boys, and now, all of a sudden, you’re acquainted with that seldom discussed Louisiana serial case.

5) Fanciers of the discredited “Astrakhan man” as Kelly’s killer tend, from my experience, to be those who haven’t quite relinquished the outdated idea of the Ripper as a Dashing Doc in a top hat – or variations on that theme.

The problem is that you continue to misappropriate criminological buzzwords such as “signature”. You say, for instance: “are you seriously arguing that the crime signature of a flasher…”, but this makes absolutely no sense. A “signature” is a strictly personal calling card wherein the offender puts his personal, depraved stamp on a crime, just as our written signatures are unique to us. Since we are not in possession of any evidence to suggest that Aussie George put a personal stamp on his child abuse, it follows that his were not “signature” crimes.

Jack the Ripper had a crime signature, of course, but to apply it he needed a prostitute, her internal organs and a sharp knife. If, for whatever reason, these components were unavailable, or he wanted to “lie low”, or if there was something about the environment that prevented the efficient commission of that type of crime, there was nothing physically preventing him from committing a different type of sexual offense. It’s really rather silly to insist otherwise; akin to arguing that a professional javelin thrower would never go skiing.

Incidentally, I don’t accept the argument that the ripper focussed exclusively on “what makes women women”. Besides the uterus and the breasts (and there’s no evidence that the latter were especially prioritized), he also focussed on the non-gender-specific face, bladder, heart and kidneys. There is a good deal to be said for the argument that female prostitutes were targeted because they were the most readily available at that time and place. I’m not suggesting that women were not his victim type of preference, but on the other hand, pre-teen boys tended not to litter the streets of the East End at 2.00am.

The only thing we discard – and “happily” at that - is your misapplication of the term “signature”. Since there is not the slightest evidence that the known crimes of “Aussie George” contained “signature elements”, I consider myself absolved of any necessity to explain what you erroneously regard as a huge “transformation”. The best you can argue is that the ripper demonstrated a consistent signature when he was murdering and eviscerating prostitutes.

Regards,
        Ben

P.S. Could those requesting evidence that this man was "ever" in the East End please try to understand that in order to have boarded the ship that took him to Australia, he had to have been in the East End, even if he’d taken the boat train from John O’Groats the night before departure.
        excellent Post Ben, as usual.

Comment

Of course I can try to understand it, Ben. I always do.

But the Ormuz - the ship on which Aussie George sailed - was a ship belonging to the Orient Line. It sailed from Tilbury.

Tilbury is situated on the northern shore of the Thames, right across from Gravesend. It is twentyfive miles downstream from London Bridge.

That is why I say that there is no evidence at all that Aussie George was ever in the East End. Or in London.

I hope you have no further objections to that by now...?
          Last edited by Fisherman; 09-30-2015, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            A valiant effort, Abby - but letīs not stray too far from the focus we need to have on Aussie George.

If we take a really close look at him, precisely whay is it that purportedly makes him a red-hot candidate for the witnesses role - and the role of Jack the Ripper?

I think - correct me if I am wrong - that you have suggested that there may not even have been any sexual element involved in what the Ripper did. If so, then where is the connection to the flashing Aussie George made himself guilty of? Would it not be like comparing shoplifting to drunken driving? Or insurance fraud to physical assault?

The two types of crimes are worlds apart. One involves women and extreme physical violence. The other involves young boys and no physical violence at all.

If this was enough to make the connection, then we can easily deduct that ANY crime could equal any other crime. And that is not so, we know that, both of us.

So there has to be more.

And what is there? The name? It was a very common one.

No link to London and the East End has been established. No record of violent crime has been established. No likeness in signatures has been established. No confessing to the role of the Whitechapel witness has been established, no relative has commented on him in this respect. No other example can be found where a serial killer downgraded from extreme violence to no violence at all, changing gender on his target group in the process.

As for the name, we seemingly have a worldwide perspective, involving the other side of the globe. Just how many George Hutchinsons would the world have contained at that stage, who were of a viable age? And the viable age is not around 28 years only, since there is absolutely no evidence anywhere that the witness of Ripper fame WAS 28 years old. It is a myth. A viable age will stretch from below 20 to past 30 years of age. There must have been hundreds or even thousands of George Hutchinsons in that scope...

So once again: where is the link, Abby? I canīt see it.
            good counterpoint Fish-seriously.

I totally see the point you are making but all I can say is that we know serial killers can change their usual MO/sig and victimology.

You say there were a lot of George Hutchinsons around. Really? its not that common of a name and of the George Hutchinsons that have been found most have been ruled out. I believe there are only three valid candidates for Hutch at this time- Toppy, Aussie George and Vagrant Groom hutch(from researcher Pat Marshall). And no, we don't need a world wide perspective-Place of origin listed was "England".

wheres the link to witness hutch? here:
            Name
            was a "wanderer"
            Laborer class/changing occupations
            Leaving for Australia fits with witness hutch falling off the face of the earth.
            Fits description of Sarah lewis Hutch.

link to ripper? above and:

fits many witness descriptions in age, build, attire, height and physical appearance.
            Was in (or at the very least near) London/East end. and according to witness hutch Tillbury dock would not even be as far as a stroll from Romford.
            From the mug shot you can see that this is a very stout and powerfully built man-which the ripper probably must have been very strong.
            Convicted of a sex crime.
            Crime involved vulnerable victims
            According to record, Aussie George also has a prior conviction. It will be very interesting to see what this is. many serial killers have police record other than their serial murders.
            Leaving for Australia coincides with the end of the murders. (alice Mckenzie, who was a ripper victim, or Jackson and Pinchon torso, if you are willing to entertain that possibility-which I think you do.)
            He was classified as having an Able Seaman station and was in the Merchant marines-this could explain the pattern to the ripper murders re timing.
            On the night of the double event most of the witnesses describe a man wearing a sailor type cap and having the appearance of a sailor.

Many links Fish-Many.

Comment

Abby Normal:

we know serial killers can change their usual MO/sig and victimology.

This we know from experience. But where is the experience pointing to a serialist having made this kind of leap? Before we find it, there is no precedence, and if there is no precedence, then we donīt know it can happen.

You say there were a lot of George Hutchinsons around. Really? its not that common of a name and of the George Hutchinsons that have been found most have been ruled out. I believe there are only three valid candidates for Hutch at this time- Toppy, Aussie George and Vagrant Groom hutch(from researcher Pat Marshall). And no, we don't need a world wide perspective-Place of origin listed was "England".

Once we apply a generous age group, there will be a good number of George Hutchinsons in Britain. I think you are speaking of a very confined area, Abby, and we certainly canīt say that Aussie George would have been a Londoner.

Name

Not uncommon at all

We donīt know how old the witness was!

was in the London area

No, he sailed from Tilbury, and he could have come there from anywhere in Britain (including John OīGroats)

was a "wanderer"

Common. They came in tens of thousands.

Leaving for Australia fits with witness hutch falling off the face of the earth.

But Hutchinson never fell off the face of earth, Abby. If you recognise the three candidates you listed yourself, then you will know that one of them has been tracked down extensively. And far from falling off the face of earth, he was in the East End throughout.

She only described the general body composition. And she said short and stocky. In 1870, the average height of a Victorian man was 5 ft 5. Aussie George was 5 ft 5 1/2. He was therefore not short.
              As for weight, he would on todays BMI index end up in the borderland between normal weight and overweight.

So whatīs left, Abby?

fits many witness descriptions in age, build, attire, height and physical appearance.

We donīt know what to compare to, Abby.

Was in (or at the very least near) London/East end. and according to witness hutch Tillbury dock would not even be as far as a stroll from Romford.

Tilbury is twice the stretch from the East End, compared to Romford. Durward Street-Tilbury along the A13 (the nearest route) measures 37 kilometres, and Durward Street-Romford measures 21 kilometres along the same route. And 20 along the A118.
              And in the end, neither village is in the East End. Far from it. He canīt be placed in the East End, Abby!

From the mug shot you can see that this is a very stout and powerfully built man-which the ripper probably must have been very strong.

A mountaineer is extremely strong - and anything but stocky. Strength does not have to show on the outside. Lean men can be strong, stocky men can be weak.

That differs WILDLY from the crimes JtR perpetrated!

... of another gender and age than the JtR victims!! And NO violence was inflicted. The crimes are extremes, both of them - but on either side of the sex offence line.

According to record, Aussie George also has a prior conviction. It will be very interesting to see what this is. many serial killers have police record other than their serial murders.

... and others have not.

Leaving for Australia coincides with the end of the murders. (alice Mckenzie, who was a ripper victim, or Jackson and Pinchon torso, if you are willing to entertain that possibility-which I think you do.)

But why would he flee? He was not a suspect, and nobody looked for him.

He was classified as having an Able Seaman station and was in the Merchant marines-this could explain the pattern to the ripper murders re timing.

He travelled on a ship bound for Australia. The trip took 42 days between Tilbury and Sydney. If he sailed regularly on the Ormuz, it rules him out, not in.

On the night of the double event most of the witnesses describe a man wearing a sailor type cap and having the appearance of a sailor.

How many sailors were there, Abby? And how many men were there who wore peaked caps without being sailors?

It falls flat, no matter how we look upon it. Even with the most optimistic of approaches, we are left with no case at all.
              We donīt identify all smiling men with a beard and a big belly as Santa Claus, do we?

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                Abby Normal:

we know serial killers can change their usual MO/sig and victimology.

This we know from experience. But where is the experience pointing to a serialist having made this kind of leap? Before we find it, there is no precedence, and if there is no precedence, then we donīt know it can happen.

Once we apply a generous age group, there will be a good number of George Hutchinsons in Britain. I think you are speaking of a very confined area, Abby, and we certainly canīt say that Aussie George would have been a Londoner.

Name

Not uncommon at all

We donīt know how old the witness was!

was in the London area

No, he sailed from Tilbury, and he could have come there from anywhere in Britain (including John OīGroats)

was a "wanderer"

But Hutchinson never fell off the face of earth, Abby. If you recognise the three candidates you listed yourself, then you will know that one of them has been tracked down extensively. And far from falling off the face of earth, he was in the East End throughout.

She only described the general body composition. And she said short and stocky. In 1870, the average height of a Victorian man was 5 ft 5. Aussie George was 5 ft 5 1/2. He was therefore not short.
                As for weight, he would on todays BMI index end up in the borderland between normal weight and overweight.

So whatīs left, Abby?

We donīt know what to compare to, Abby.

Tilbury is twice the stretch from the East End, compared to Romford. Durward Street-Tilbury along the A13 (the nearest route) measures 37 kilometres, and Durward Street-Romford measures 21 kilometres along the same route. And 20 along the A118.
                And in the end, neither village is in the East End. Far from it. He canīt be placed in the East End, Abby!

A mountaineer is extremely strong - and anything but stocky. Strength does not have to show on the outside. Lean men can be strong, stocky men can be weak.

That differs WILDLY from the crimes JtR perpetrated!

... of another gender and age than the JtR victims!! And NO violence was inflicted. The crimes are extremes, both of them - but on either side of the sex offence line.

... and others have not.

But why would he flee? He was not a suspect, and nobody looked for him.

He travelled on a ship bound for Australia. The trip took 42 days between Tilbury and Sydney. If he sailed regularly on the Ormuz, it rules him out, not in.

How many sailors were there, Abby? And how many men were there who wore peaked caps without being sailors?

It falls flat, no matter how we look upon it. Even with the most optimistic of approaches, we are left with no case at all.
                We donīt identify all smiling men with a beard and a big belly as Santa Claus, do we?
                many valid points Fish!
                But at this point I'll just have to agree to come to different conclusions.

That being said Im extremely interested on what more can be found out about Aussie George-especially that prior conviction! And Pat marshalls wandering vagrant groom hutch.

Btw I have always considered Toppy a valid candidate for witness hutch and still do. Just wish he hadn't surfaced during a royal conspiracy fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  many valid points Fish!
                  But at this point I'll just have to agree to come to different conclusions.

That being said Im extremely interested on what more can be found out about Aussie George-especially that prior conviction! And Pat marshalls wandering vagrant groom hutch.

Btw I have always considered Toppy a valid candidate for witness hutch and still do. Just wish he hadn't surfaced during a royal conspiracy fiasco.
                  You need to free yourself of the royal conspiracy fiasco - what is left is quite, quite enough to declare Toppy the only truly credible candidate, methinks.

As for the prior conviction for Aussie George, I think we would all love to see it. And maybe it can turn it all upside down (after all, he IS Aussie George )

But until that happens, I think we need to disagree, just as you say. I know I must, at least.

Comment

Previous Conviction?

This is another earlier possible conviction under an alias of Arthur Dent in may 1896 ?
                    Pat....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ships Lists for Geo Hutchinson

Here are some earlier ships lists for Geo Hutchinson I put in one J and a D ? Hutchinson as the profession and origin was the same.
                      These are NSW Arrivals The writing is not too good on some All are crew except the first.
                      The J Hutchinson Carpenter from London seems to have done a lot of short haul trips on the Bullara he also is called R Hutchinson in one.
                      Where it says origin below this is the person not the ship....

Geo Hutchinson Born 1860
                      24 Jan 1882 ship: Northumberland ..... Passenger

G H Hutchinson Born 1861
                      10 Apr 1885 ship:Pathan Origin:Wisbeach Cambridgshire
                      (also Feb 1884 and sept 1887) assistant steward and Gen s*t?

G Hutchenson born 1858
                      1 Oct 1886 ship:Elamang Origin:British ......ships Trimmer

J Hutchinson Born 1859
                      8 Mar 1898 ship: Willyama Origin:London ......ships Carpenter

G Hutchinson Born 1860
                      5 Oct 1899 ship: Bullarra Origin: London .....ships carpenter

T Hutchinson Born 1860
                      22 Sep 1899 ship:Bullarra Origin: London .....Carpenter

J Hutchinson born1861
                      29 Jan 1900 Bullarra Origin:London ......Carpenter

I will see if I can check out any other lists. There was none in 1888

Pat

Comment

Many thanks for those details, Pat.

To address some earlier points:

Jeffrey Dahmer went from violent murder, to indecent non-violent exposure, back to violent murder again. He evidently found himself unconstrained by the Rule Book from which some people are basing their “knowledge” of criminology, and accordingly was able to commit murder (which in this case included the “signature” or cannibalism and trophy-taking) and indecent exposure – presumably because they both fall under the canopy of bad things to do to other people against their will for one’s own sexual gratification. I’m afraid it’s straight back to basics for anyone who finds such a reality taxing, or who continues to insist that the two sorts of crimes are “worlds apart”, because they’re really not.

Some people appear to be grossly exaggerating how common the name “George Hutchinson” was, i.e. not particularly, according to anyone who has ever bothered to look the name up in the census records over the relevant period. John Smith is a “very common” name, whereas “George Hutchinson” produces about 200 hits in the 1881 census for anyone with that name born between 1850 and 1870, using Dew’s reference to a “young man” as a tentative guide. This good news this presents for anyone wishing to trace “Aussie George” in that set of records is that 200 is not so overwhelming a number as to deter a researcher from ruling out those "George Hutchinson's" whose details also crop up in the 1891 census, when our man was in Aus, thus reducing that number. It might be a job for someone like Fisherman, whose renewed interest in the topic of Hutchinson I hope we can sustain (sincerely meant, by the way).

Toppy remains a non-starter, of course, and I’m afraid the idea that he turns into a good candidate once you extricate him from the royal conspiracy, is as bootless as the idea that if you extricate Jack the Ripper from the murders, he’s actually quite a nice bloke.
                        Last edited by Ben; 09-30-2015, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the information on the location of the port, Fisherman. I notice that the author referred to it in the article, but I must have missed it - that'll teach me to read these things on an iphone! Unless Aussie George came from somewhere like Gravesend, the likelihood is that he arrived at Tilbury Docks on the boat train from London, which departed from Liverpool Street.

Comment

Thanks for the information on the location of the port, Fisherman. I notice that the author referred to it in the article, but I must have missed it - that'll teach me to read these things on an iphone! Unless Aussie George came from somewhere like Gravesend, the likelihood is that he arrived at Tilbury Docks on the boat train from London, which departed from Liverpool Street.
                            I prefer to say that we cannot possibly know how he got to Tilbury. And no matter where we may think he came from and what route we may think he took, it nevertheless applies that there is absolutely no evidence that Aussie George ever set foot in the East End. Or in London.

Comment

There is no evidence that I ever set foot in East London either,before emigrating to Australia,but I did.Relying on statements of that calibre as applying to proof is sheer lunacy.

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
                                There is no evidence that I ever set foot in East London either,before emigrating to Australia,but I did.Relying on statements of that calibre as applying to proof is sheer lunacy.
                                I donīt think you have understood the issue at hand, Harry. Nobody is saying that Aussie George never set foot in London. What is being said is that there is no evidence to prove that he did.
                                If he had had proven East End - or at least London - connections, he would of course have been a better candidate for the role of the witness from the Kelly case.
                                But no such connections can be pointed at, at least not as of now.

Ben makes the point that he may well have travelled to Tilbury from Liverpool Street station, and that is of course a possibility. But even if we had had a train ticket that proved such a journey on Aussie Georges behalf (which we do not), it would still apply that we would not know whether he had just passed through London, coming from another place altogether, or if he actually lived in London.

Since the main contender for the role of the Kelly witness is George William Topping Hutchinson, we can see that Toppy has the upper hand in this respect, regardless of what we otherwise think of his candidature - we at the very least know that he WAS a Londoner, and that he went on to live his life in the East End.

What you describe as sheer madness is therefore all about accepting good old, traditional research and the demands that follow with it. When we name a candidate for a role in the Ripper saga, the geographical ties will always be a main concern.

Comment

Working...
                                X