• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripperologist Magazine & Casebook.org

From Adam Wood:

New Year, new Ripperologist magazine!

Dear All,

You will no doubt have noticed that Ripperologist magazine has been conspicuous by its absence in the past year or two. A number of circumstances have combined to prevent work on the publication.

The good news is that a new team has been assembled to work on the mag, and you'll hearing from them very soon - in fact the next edition is being worked on at this very moment!

Sadly I won't be joining you on this exciting new journey, as I've launched a new title, Crime Through Time magazine, which features articles on all historic true crime as well as events of 1888, and my efforts are required there. Visit www.crimethroughtimemagazine.com for information.

So, after working on Ripperologist since the 1990s, it's time to hand the baton over to others. May I take this opportunity to thank you all for your comments, insight and kind words about Ripperologist over the years.

A reminder that a vast number of back issues of the Rip are currently available on the website - these might well disappear soon as a new site its developed, so get them now if you haven't already! www.ripperologist.co.uk/backissues.html

I look forward to seeing what exciting developments the new team will come up with!

Best wishes

Adam Wood
    Executive Editor,
    Ripperologist

Casebook is pleased to announce that we have assembled a team whose goal is to continue to bring to you Ripperologist Magazine: The Journal of Jack the Ripper, East End and Victorian Studies twice yearly, starting in the Spring of 2024.

As in the past, the magazine will be free and distributed electronically to all subscribers.

Current subscribers will not have to resubscribe to receive the next issue.

Further details regarding new subscriptions and article contributions will be provided in due course.

Ripperologist Magazine has a long and storied history in the field of Ripperology and it’s an honor for Casebook to be a part of its next chapter.

Stay Tuned,

JM

Just out of curiosity can you say who the new team is Jon?
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

We all wear many hats so titles and roles overlap.
      But the team is composed of:

EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
      Jonathan Menges

MANAGING EDITOR
      Ally Ryder

EDITOR-AT-LARGE
      Steven Blomer
      Trevor Bond
      Madeleine Keane
      Mark Ripper
      Tom Wescott

REVIEWS EDITOR
      Paul Begg

STAFF WRITERS
      William Ellis
      Suzanne Huntington
      Amanda Lloyd
      Jurriaan Maessen

SUBSCRIPTIONS MANAGER
      Jon Lee Rees

ARTWORK
      Andrew Firth

JM

Comment

Cheers Jon.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

It's a smorgasbord of talent!

Looking forward to the next edition.

Comment

Ripperologist Magazine's website will remain at the same url : https://ripperologist.co.uk/

The site will undergo some cosmetic changes in the coming weeks, but we've updated the contact info if you absolutely must get a hold of us now.

Look for a brand new issue in the Spring.

Thanks

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
              We all wear many hats so titles and roles overlap.
              But the team is composed of:

EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
              Jonathan Menges

MANAGING EDITOR
              Ally Ryder

EDITOR-AT-LARGE
              Steven Blomer
              Trevor Bond
              Madeleine Keane
              Mark Ripper
              Tom Wescott

REVIEWS EDITOR
              Paul Begg

STAFF WRITERS
              William Ellis
              Suzanne Huntington
              Amanda Lloyd
              Jurriaan Maessen

SUBSCRIPTIONS MANAGER
              Jon Lee Rees

ARTWORK
              Andrew Firth

JM
              Now THAT is a team!

The combined knowledge and wisdom of that list of exceptionally talented 'Ripper' related individuals, is scary (in a good way)

Exciting times ahead!

RD

"Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Brilliant! Look forward to the next edition!
                Best wishes,

Tristan

Comment

Originally posted by The Rookie Detective View Post

Now THAT is a team!

The combined knowledge and wisdom of that list of exceptionally talented 'Ripper' related individuals, is scary (in a good way)

Exciting times ahead!

RD
                  I should add Jonathan Tye has joined the team to run Press Reports, a section originally compiled by Chris Scott.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post

I should add Jonathan Tye has joined the team to run Press Reports, a section originally compiled by Chris Scott.

JM
                    The Dream team just got even better!

RD
                    ​​​​
                    "Great minds, don't think alike"

Comment

Bump.

The new issue of the Rip will be released this Spring!

Subscribe to Ripperologist Magazine by emailing contactripperologist@gmail.com.
                      *If you're a previous subscriber under Adam Wood's stewardship of the magazine, we already have you on the list.

Thanks!

JM

Comment

Looking forward to it.
                        dustymiller
                        aka drstrange

Comment

I am looking forward to the new Ripperologist and am very excited by the new team.

This is an outstanding, professional, reviewed periodical that is free of charge. This is truly a credit to all involved. Thank you for your hard work.

Appreciation aside, in thinking about sustaining Ripperology long-term, should it be free? This is a more general comment that extends to Casebook, Rippercast, published authors, etc. For example, I would love to superchat or subscribe to the Patreon of members of this editorial team and pick their brains. Yes, they do it for free on forums like here but often you have to scroll through many pages of discussion to get up to date on hot topics and there is no guarantee that an established expert will reply directly to your post.

Is anything like Patreon or live steams with donations being done in Ripperology? I already pay $1 to $10 a month (big spender) on other Patreons and YouTube channels that I appreciate and would love to support Ripperology in this way too. I suspect that many here also would do so. I'm sure I could just make a donation - and should given the decade plus of information and entertainment this website has provided - but the interactive nature is absent when one just donates.

My question is how should Ripperology monetize their audience, not to simply make a buck, but to provide an interactive experience that will ultimately sustain and grow the field?

Comment

Good luck to the new Ripperologist team. Same goes to Adam with Crime Through Time.

Just a note about back issues of Ripperologist. The URL in the link gives me a 404.

The following link will get you there.

Instead of backissues in the URL, it's back-issues

By the way, on the Ripperologist website's Index page where there's a pdf of an index of issues 113-160 there's a clickable link labelled "Click here to download the index as a PDF file" but I think the link's URL is the location of the file on the computer hosting the website. It doesn't work anyway.

As I've mentioned the pdf index, if you want it, I have it on my Dropbox. Try this -​

These are not clues, Fred.
                            It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
                            They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
                            And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
                            We will not.

Comment

Only a few more days until Ripperologist #171 hits your inbox. Brand new look. Brand new crew (mostly).

But with the content you've grown to love.

Feature articles
                              I Beg to Report
                              Press Trawl
                              Book reviews
                              News and Opinions
                              ...and more surprises in store!

Haven't subscribed?

contactripperologist@gmail.com gets you added to the mailing list.

If you're already a subscriber and have been receiving issues in the past- you do not need to resubscribe.

JM
                              Last edited by jmenges; 04-10-2024, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X