Still available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still available?

Is the Ripperologist still available? I googled the magazine and it came up with www.ripperologist.biz but it would not allow me to go any further. Anyone have any information?

Thank you,

Joseph

Ripperologist is still available as an online mag- contact Adam Wood here on casebook- don't miss a single issue!

Suzi
    'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

I have tried to contact Adam using the email addresses in one of the threads multiple times and I never get a reply. I joined here to PM him about it and then found out as a new member I can't PM.
      Would be grateful if somebody that can PM could do it for myself and maybe Joseph.
      I feel bad having to post this (at least it counts as my 'at least one post before June 22nd otherwise purged') as I don't want to throw bad light on Adam. Maybe he isn't getting my emails, maybe he has personal problems at the moment - who knows.
      The Examiner was the first periodical I tried and liked it so I subscribed and I'd like to try Ripperologist as well.
      Last edited by Ozzy; 06-21-2010, 03:48 PM. Reason: I felt I needed to expand on first post.
      These are not clues, Fred.
      It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
      They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
      And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
      We will not.

Comment

Ozzy - I myself have had problems with my Rip subscription recently and have found that Adam is not always the quickest to reply to emails, but much like yourself I would hasten to add that that is no reflection on his professionalism, or anything else for that matter. I don't know him personally but I do know through another that you are correct in your assumption that he is having a rather busy time at the minute.

Back from when I originally subscribed, below are the subscription details as sent to me by Chris George. I am sure he wouldn't mind me reproducing them here - let me know if I am wrong, of course Chris!

Subscriptions: Ripperologist is published monthly in electronic format. The cost is £12.00 for six issues. Cheques can only be accepted in £ sterling, made payable to Ripperologist and sent to Ripperologist, PO Box 735, Maidstone, Kent ME17 1JF, UK. The simplest and easiest way to subscribe is via PayPal — send to contact@ripperologist.biz. Back Issues: Single PDF files of issue 62 onwards are available at £2 each.

Hope that helps. Well worth subscribing!

Trevor.

Comment

Ripperologist Subscriptions

Joseph and Ozzy:

I'm glad to say Ripperologist is still very much alive - though there are some minor problems that need ironing out. (I hope I haven't mixed too many metaphors in this sentence).

Please email me at editorez@yahoo.co.uk and I'll ensure Adam gets your emails. I'll do more - since you are new suscribers, you can have a free copy of the May issue. Besides its regular sections, this issue's features are The Artist and the Killer: Was Gauguin Inspired by Jack the Ripper?, by Fiona Saint, Marketing the Ripper, by Howard Brown, Letters to the City Police: Part 3: J’accuse!, by John Bennett, and, in a new series devoted to Victorian fiction, The Body Snatcher, by Robert Louis Stevenson. Email me and I'll send you the issue PDQ. That should keep you busy until the June issue appears with at least as many Ripperological delights.

Suzy, Trevor and others who PM'ed me, thank you very much for your kind words of support.

Eduardo
          AKA Captain Hook
          Asante Mungu leo ni Ijumaa.
          Old Swahili Proverb

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I've just emailed you Eduardo. Also thanks to anybody who PM'ed anybody else regarding my request.
            These are not clues, Fred.
            It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
            They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
            And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
            We will not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy
              The Examiner was the first periodical I tried and liked it so I subscribed and I'd like to try Ripperologist as well.
              That's awesome! My first Ripper periodical was the short-lived Whitechapel Journal published by Stephen White in the 90's. It bears zero relation to today's Whitechapel Society Journal. It was a horrible mish-mash of stapled pages that contained nothing of value and turned me off Ripper journals. That is until Chris George (then editor of Ripper Notes) sent me a free copy of Ripper Notes along with a free copy of Ripperologist. I was blown away and immediately subscribed to both. Back then all the journals were in print form, which was great in its own way, but they were more limited and far more expensive than today's journals.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
              X